What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can hayne b future 5/8

jk13

First Grade
This kid is a born natural, does he have a passing & kicking game, etc to develop into 5/8? He reminds me of Hunt, also a future 5/8. You could potentially build a team around hayne at 5/8. btw, this long term not short term.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Heyne can be our future anything, but at the moment let him enjoy his first year in first grade with too many expecatations,

In saying that I believe Fullback is his rightful spot and that's where he should play in the future.

Gronk

Staff member
I say leave him be. Let him become one of the modern games great running fullbacks

Hurriflatch

Referee
I can see Hayne playing a Matt Bowen type role

named at fullback but allowed to roam during the game and basically playing as a 2nd 5/8 in attack.

jk13

First Grade
Thats why i said long term, i wouldn't want to pressure the guy at this stage. after a yr under hagan his progression might point in that direction.

the_eel

Juniors
I'm just interested from all those that have seen him come up through the grades...........how good do u think Hayne will be?? I know its too early to call but 'at this stage' who thinks he will go on and play rep footy??

The Colonel

Immortal
Fullback without a doubt is his best position. I have no qualms in saying the kid will represent. Will go close to ROTY honours but may lose out to Luke Douglas.

rednut

Juniors
The Colonel said:
:? You've lost me here. The kid has only played u17's at wing and fullback.

Didn't he play a game at centre too? Don't quote me on this tho...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think Jarryd Hayne is a fullback/wing. He will do the job well in either position. If we wanna keep John Williams who's also a good player, then I'd say Hayne should be fullback.

sooperdooper

First Grade
he is a natural athlete...not just a natural footballer.
i would say he would have to stay where he is for now and let him keep on playing like he is....

The Colonel

Immortal
rednut said:
Didn't he play a game at centre too? Don't quote me on this tho...

2004 - wing - scored four tries.
2006 - fullback - scored two tries and took on the Qld forward pack until help arrived. Sin-binned.

Not sure about centre.

damo72

Juniors
Not sure if they lined up this way but this was the U19 side that was named earlier in the season to play the curtain raiser at Origin 1

Fullback - Shannon McDonnell - Balmain Ryde Eastwood - Premier League
Wing - Akuila Uate - Newcastle Knights - Jersey Flegg
Centre - Kris Inu - Parramatta Eels - Premier League
Centre - Jarryd Hayne - Parramatta Eels - Premier League
Wing - Michael Jennings - Penrith Panthers - Jersey Flegg
Five-Eighth - Jarrod Mullen - Newcastle Knights - Premier League
Half back - Luke Walsh - Newcastle Knights - Jersey Flegg
Prop - Tim Grant - Penrith Panthers - SG Ball
Hooker - Stuart Flanagan - Balmain Ryde Eastwood - Premier League
Prop - Jacob Ling - Newcastle Knights - Jersey Flegg
Second Row - Mitchell Aubusson - Sydney Roosters - Jersey Flegg
Second Row - Cory Paterson - Newcastle Knights - Jersey Flegg
Lock - Setaimata Sa - Newtown Jets - Premier League

Interchange - Dean Rysko - Western Suburbs - Premier League
Interchange - Edward Pettybourne - South Sydney - SG Ball
Interchange - Jon Tupou - Newcastle Knights - Jersey Flegg
Interchange - Tony Williams - Parramatta Eels - Jersey Flegg

thedux

Juniors
He is simply the type of player that you build your side around and put him where the need is most pressing. ATM that is wing/fullback but who knows what will happen a couple of years down the track. I think a more pressing issue is to make sure that he doesn't go anywhere.

Freak2

Juniors
Oh please give this kid a break. He is having a good 1st year in the NRL. FULLSTOP.

Leave him alone.

By the way I thought Delaney was super at fullback late last year when Reddy got injured. He is a must resign for me!! His year his year is improving with every match. Maybe looking for the extra coin to be offfered but I don't care he has game IMO.

Latest posts