What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra VS Parra Match Discussion Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well done Raiders definately deserve their win, to many stupid mistakes and soft defence. Mortimer was a passenger out there offering nothing in attack second year syndrome has hit him hard.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Oh yeah and well done to B Smith he was outstanding in attack and defence tonight. KK,Mannah and Horo also impressed.

Eelogical

Referee
Anyone prepared to put their house on an Eels win against the rabbits next weekend even though it's Hindys record breaking game?

Bazal

Post Whore
We need a halfback who can run a side...Mortimer and KK are support players and Robson isn't up to that task. The two young guys are very good runners and attacking playmakers...but they don't really run the side around the park

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought Poore, Mannah, Caylo and Fui were good as were Benny, Horo.

Mateo was good in his 2nd stint and I think we have found our Hooker.

fish eel

Immortal
we wont make the finals.

I'd like to know wtf they did in the off season.

5 weeks in and we dont seem to know the structure of the team and what peoples roles are.

Did Anderson not work on this stuff??

The Colonel

Immortal
We need a halfback who can run a side...Mortimer and KK are support players and Robson isn't up to that task. The two young guys are very good runners and attacking playmakers...but they don't really run the side around the park
Mortimer and Keating needed to swap tonight. Croker was given the task of rushing up on Mortimer all night. He needs the ball a bit earlier and look to have runners like Hayne and Keating coming off him.

I thought we looked better when Robson was at hooker too. When Matt K. came on they were very disorganised.

yy_cheng

Coach

I've been saying this way before the trials but people didn't agree and said Robbo could do it.

Someone has to run the team around the park and get good field position from kicks. THen let Hayne chime in when he likes like Benji does.

KK is not the answer but I really liked Robbo at hooker. It was bad when MK came back on.

ParraAds

Juniors
I thought Poore, Mannah, Caylo and Fui were good as were Benny, Horo.

Mateo was good in his 2nd stint and I think we have found our Hooker.

Who, Robson?

Thought his game at hooker was pretty ordinary, solid yeah, but no spark whatsoever......prefer MK at this stage.

yy_cheng

Coach
we wont make the finals.

5 weeks in and we dont seem to know the structure of the team and what peoples roles are.

Ando said the team will work itself out.

Well, with 2 mins to halftime on the 4th, Mortz kicks it deep in the corner.

W T F !!!!

A chip kick, hail mary or throw it around was the way to go. Not a kick into the corner.

The raiders got the ball and did what I wanted Parra to do.

SwampyMarc

Juniors
2nd year syndrome for Morts. The expectation on the "kid" is huge. and remember, he's a still a kid. At least his bank balance is healthy!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Slight improvement on last week, only losing by 10. Good side Canberra. They are always hard to beat when they play away from home. Great effort parra!

Bazal

Post Whore
we wont make the finals.

I'd be stunned if he didn't, this doesn't come down to Ando IMO. It seems to me that rather than not knowing their roles, there are guys who are just expecting things to happen. Almost every time Mortimer got the ball he gave it to Hayne, when Hayne wasn't around and Morts got it, the play broke down (for example). KK had a dig and was our most dangerous, but no one followed him. He made a few half breaks where we could have made incisive metres or even scored but he had no support. Everyone seems to be looking to one or two players to break the game open...rather than playing what's happening in front of them and when someone outside that one or two players creates something there's no one looking to take advantage of it.