What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

cleary89

Coach
Heard people saying they should suspend him for the comments. No way, need players actually coming out and not giving stock standard lines.

However, the original punishment of 2 weeks was a joke. We all know if chase did break his leg Isaac would have got a huge sentence. Disagree with basing suspensions on injury time. Can see two identical tackles but one play gets back up and the other gets injured, we all know who gets the longer suspension.

OMFG you guys are all just LOL@Souffs this and LOL@Souffs that. He only intentionally grabbed his cousins leg and tried to break it. Harden up I say. I saw the news the other day and someone was murdered. There was no 13 page outcry about that. Yet a souths player does something as little as trying to end his cousins career and everyone is on him, its as souths conspiracy!!! The judiciary better not suspend him for longer, or we may lose our shot at 9th place. PAUL GALLEN ARRRRRRRGH!

Charlie124

First Grade
Yet he is blind to Smith and Thirdman.

Invalid. Good for a laugh. I'll admit to clip clopping across the trolls bridge once or twice.

Novelty has passed.

As for Luke, suspend him for 4 weeks next time. Then 8, and so on.

Im not entirely sure if those are sentences, but ill have a go at deciphering them anyway.

I haven't said anything about Smith and whoever Thirdman is but assuming there aren't any 13 page threads about them then you probably just proved my point for me. So thank you, i think.

As for the rest of your post, f**ks me what youre on about.

aqua_duck

Coach
holly smoke look at all the holly than thou come out in force.
Luke copped his suspension and he apologised and it was accepted. He also stated his intent .
So now some of you whiners are upset because of his comments. if he had used a hammer or some other tool to try and break his leg , then sure he is the worst grub ever. He pulled on his leg over zealously , big deal.
We have all applauded a player who has crashed another player in the torso and broken his ribs . Would you think worse of the player ,if he stated , i tried to cut him in half. I would not and again the concern would be if had a saw. you dopes

If Cam Smith seperates Sam Burgess' shoulder with a chicken wing tackle next season are you going to stick up for Smith because he didn't use any weapons?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Im not entirely sure if those are sentences, but ill have a go at deciphering them anyway.

I haven't said anything about Smith and whoever Thirdman is but assuming there aren't any 13 page threads about them then you probably just proved my point for me. So thank you, i think.

Indeed they are, and punctuated at that!

Now if you take the time to read the post directly above my reply that was too hard for you to comprehend you will find it ended with the following quote:

"There is a massive thread everytime Gallen does something grubby on the field ffs fourex has a field day every time,"

I was referring to a completely different person - one who is blind to the grubby acts of Smith and Thaiday.
There is an abundance of discussion on the topic and if you are unaware of it, boo hoo.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Luke copped his suspension and he apologised and it was accepted. He also stated his intent .
So now some of you whiners are upset because of his comments. if he had used a hammer or some other tool to try and break his leg , then sure he is the worst grub ever. He pulled on his leg over zealously , big deal.
We have all applauded a player who has crashed another player in the torso and broken his ribs . Would you think worse of the player ,if he stated , i tried to cut him in half. I would not and again the concern would be if had a saw. you dopes

This is an awful post. Just awful.

Ozzy

First Grade
Don't like the cannonball tackles but with what he did to Chase. Sure it was misguided and the wrong thing to do but all he wanted to do was break his leg. Once upon a time in some countries if you sold out and became a traitor to your country, they'd kill you.
:roll: Are you seriously equating selling out your country to playing for another country? Tonie Carroll ring a bell? It happens in just about all, if not all, sports. Your post has to rank on the same level as any of Razor's

Tackling hard, running hard and trying to hurt people has always been a part of the game, but to deliberately try and break someone's leg and to keep on doing cannonball tackles is a disgrace and most dishonorable.

Do you remember trying to defend fa'alogo for punching anasta when anasta "endangered his life" by deliberately grappling him, do you remember all the adjectives you used to describe anasta and now you are defending Luke. If only Dave Q was here.

Ridiculous in the extreme,

Galeforce

Bench
If Cam Smith seperates Sam Burgess' shoulder with a chicken wing tackle next season are you going to stick up for Smith because he didn't use any weapons?

Chicken wing tackle is illegal right , so you miss you're point as i have not condoned illegal tackles .
I did not condon Luke's tackle either , which is not in the spirit of the game versus a specific illegal tackle and have not raised an issue with the suspension.
My post is a response to some of the posts in response to Luke's comment. His comment i tried to break his leg , is same as i tried to bury him , i tried to cut in half etc the intention of the tackler is not to hold anything back. These are comments of tough competitors in the past. Big deal.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Chicken wing tackle is illegal right , so you miss you're point as i have not condoned illegal tackles .
I did not condon Luke's tackle either , which is not in the spirit of the game versus a specific illegal tackle and have not raised an issue with the suspension.
My post is a response to some of the posts in response to Luke's comment. His comment i tried to break his leg , is same as i tried to bury him , i tried to cut in half etc the intention of the tackler is not to hold anything back. These are comments of tough competitors in the past. Big deal.

No it isn't, he said he tried to break his leg.

"In what could be labelled as another shocking twist, Luke admitted he was deliberately trying to maim Chase because he had defected from his homeland to play for the English."

http://www.nospam11.com.au/articles/2011/11/20/i-was-trying-to-break-his-leg-luke/

This is widely reported and the direct quote says "I tried to break his leg. It was the wrong thing to do."

''I've got to try and control my aggression rather than try to break everyone," (http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ssac-luke-admits/story-fn488j1c-1226200746834)

When have you ever heard someone say that in that context?

"Hey mate stop looking at my girfriend"

"f**k you, I'll break your leg"

Pierced Soul

First Grade
what is it with kiwi's? Jeremy smith says hello to his cousin by giving him a hopoate and catfish luke tries to break his cousins leg....

skeepe

Immortal
I believe there would be a case for the NRL to charge Luke with bringing the game into disrepute for those comments.

2 trial matches is a nothing penalty for what he did.

aqua_duck

Coach

he used a bloody Brazilian Jiu Jitsu style leg lock, if it isn't illegal it bloody better well should be, thats 10 times more dangerous than a grapple tackle, or chicken wing

Galeforce

Bench
ha ha ha , the guy admits he was wrong , has apologised and accepted and just because he is front with his thoughts at the time of the action , you want to punish him more. what a pussy you are.
consider a boxer , when he is about to hit an opponent in the head. You would consider it a crime if he said , at the time of punching him , i wanted to knock his head off! You would prefer them to say i judged my punch to knock him down and ensure his head was intact. Politically correct at its absurd , you dope.

Galeforce

Bench
he used a bloody Brazilian Jiu Jitsu style leg lock, if it isn't illegal it bloody better well should be, thats 10 times more dangerous than a grapple tackle, or chicken wing

ha ha ha , you give Luke plenty of credit knowing his moves versus what looked to me an awkward attack on the leg.
Oh yes , by the way , in Jiu Jitsu , is that hold illegal?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He will get his karma anyway. Hopefully he will break his own leg this season, would be wonderful and just to see.