What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

skeepe

Immortal
There is no place for weak, pathetic lowlife cowards like Luke in the game. He's no man, he's a despicable coward.

hunters

Juniors
F*ck some of you blokes don't know how to read a newspaper comment. Do you really think he is saying that his absolute intention was to break his leg. The comment is similar to someone saying "i nearly took his head off". Some of you would start thinking it was twirling around on the top of the spine. He is exaggerating what happened in a remorseful statement.

Get a grip people.

hunters

Juniors
Just to add that I do think it was a dirty thing to do and deserved the suspension he got. Wasn't defending the original play.

F*ck some of you blokes don't know how to read a newspaper comment. Do you really think he is saying that his absolute intention was to break his leg. The comment is similar to someone saying "i nearly took his head off". Some of you would start thinking it was twirling around on the top of the spine. He is exaggerating what happened in a remorseful statement.

Get a grip people.

Umm it was a f**king direct quote from him

"When you come up against your family you want to outplay them. I didn't outplay him. I tried to break his leg. It was the wrong thing to do. Now I see that. At the time I didn't. After the game I said sorry. He said `it stays on the field'." Luke, 24, doesn't feel betrayed but couldn't accept that Chase was the English enemy

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/5999505/Kiwis-hooker-Luke-I-tried-to-break-his-leg

Raider_69

Post Whore

Get a grip people.

I looked at the vision and thought his only possible intention of that action was to cause serious injury, he's since confirmed that was indeed his intention

'When you come up against your family you want to outplay them. I didn't outplay him. I tried to break his leg. It was the wrong thing to do."

nothing about that quote says to me he was exaggerating.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he seems very cool, calm and collected in those quotes, none of them are emotional, they are measured responses to honest questions
you are clutching at straws if your trying to claim that as an exaggeration.

Luke is a scum bag, but at least he's an honest one, if he can accept he's a scumbag, surely you can

Get a grip people.

Lol his direct quote was he tried to break his leg lmao moron

Galeforce

Bench
holly smoke look at all the holly than thou come out in force.
Luke copped his suspension and he apologised and it was accepted. He also stated his intent .
So now some of you whiners are upset because of his comments. if he had used a hammer or some other tool to try and break his leg , then sure he is the worst grub ever. He pulled on his leg over zealously , big deal.
We have all applauded a player who has crashed another player in the torso and broken his ribs . Would you think worse of the player ,if he stated , i tried to cut him in half. I would not and again the concern would be if had a saw. you dopes

Raider_69

Post Whore
if you cant see the difference between hitting a bloke in the rib cage in a perfect tackle as hard as you can and twisting an ankle/leg in an attempt to break a blokes leg, there is no point furthering the conversation from this point... simpleton

cleary89

Coach
hahahahaha how can these souths supporters try to defend him. Keen going though. We get quotes such as "if he tried to break it with a hammer then yeh, but he only did it with his hands!"

BunniesMan

Immortal
hahahahaha how can these souths supporters try to defend him. Keen going though. We get quotes such as "if he tried to break it with a hammer then yeh, but he only did it with his hands!"
Not all of us are defending him. He deserves a suspension.