What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

Joker's Wild

Coach
Karma isnt about 2 wrongs making a right mate

I cant believe anyone is defending the little merkin. Surely even Rabbitohs and Kiwi fans can see he has gotten off too lightly for his actions

Galeforce

Bench
whose defending his actions?
I do appreciate honesty especially after being punished and admittance of his wrongdoing.
all done in my mind with the lesson for Luke for future games.

This is not a dog act like a Balmain hooker who claimed he was bitten during a finals game with Souths which resulted in the Souths hooker being wrongly sentoff and Souths losing the game. That player never admitted his action (he bit himself) until 2007 and never showed no remorse. That is the type of action i despise.

Also I do not like to run with the pack when they feel safe in a feeding frenzy. I am a lone rabbit!:lol:

PaddyBoy

Juniors
whose defending his actions?
I do appreciate honesty especially after being punished and admittance of his wrongdoing.
all done in my mind with the lesson for Luke for future games.

This is not a dog act like a Balmain hooker who claimed he was bitten during a finals game with Souths which resulted in the Souths hooker being wrongly sentoff and Souths losing the game. That player never admitted his action (he bit himself) until 2007 and never showed no remorse. That is the type of action i despise.

Also I do not like to run with the pack when they feel safe in a feeding frenzy. I am a lone rabbit!:lol:

You find this worse than Isaac Luke who has done something almost identical (diving to get a penalty which won them the game). After this he has openly admitting to trying to break his cousins leg. Add that to the amount of grubby tackles he has made during the series.

Galeforce

Bench
You find this worse than Isaac Luke who has done something almost identical (diving to get a penalty which won them the game). After this he has openly admitting to trying to break his cousins leg. Add that to the amount of grubby tackles he has made during the series.

Absolutely!

all of Luke acts are out in the open , to be considered and punished accordingly.

As far as the DIVE , my golly , what a pussy you are. He was hit in the face , the degree is an open question and irrelevant to the penalty. Did you know that? Staying down just ensured the incident was replayed to ensure he got the penalty.

betcats

Referee
ha ha ha , the guy admits he was wrong , has apologised and accepted and just because he is front with his thoughts at the time of the action , you want to punish him more. what a pussy you are.
consider a boxer , when he is about to hit an opponent in the head. You would consider it a crime if he said , at the time of punching him , i wanted to knock his head off! You would prefer them to say i judged my punch to knock him down and ensure his head was intact. Politically correct at its absurd , you dope.

Um thats a great example except in boxing its well withing the rules to try punch someones head off. You can punch someone in the head hard enough to kill them inside the ring and its fair play.

In the NRL your not allowed to try and twist a blokes leg off.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Absolutely!

all of Luke acts are out in the open , to be considered and punished accordingly.

As far as the DIVE , my golly , what a pussy you are. He was hit in the face , the degree is an open question and irrelevant to the penalty. Did you know that? Staying down just ensured the incident was replayed to ensure he got the penalty.

Indeed it's out in the open, like him trying to break an opponents leg (hint - he said that's what he tried to do).

You call me a pussy, yet when Isaac Luke pretends to be hurt to get a penalty, that's just hard core.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
So it's all good as long as he is honest and apologises afterwards?

He's done that in 3 consecutive weeks after 2 disgraceful cannon balls and a sickening leg snap.

Next time he can just boot someone in the face while they're on the ground. "Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that............it's all good now isn't it?"

The guy is pathetic.

LineBall

Juniors
Intent to deliberately maim or injury another player surely must be one of the most serious charges to be brought agains a player - and if proven, should be dealt the most harshest of penalties.

IMO he should be given 12 weeks and trials should not count towards his suspension.

The problem is proving the intent.

Luke's comments may very well come back to bite him in the future, if facing the judiciary for something similar. He has admitted it was a deliberate attack on a player to try and maim.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
ha ha ha , the guy admits he was wrong , has apologised and accepted and just because he is front with his thoughts at the time of the action , you want to punish him more. what a pussy you are.
consider a boxer , when he is about to hit an opponent in the head. You would consider it a crime if he said , at the time of punching him , i wanted to knock his head off! You would prefer them to say i judged my punch to knock him down and ensure his head was intact. Politically correct at its absurd , you dope.

I apologise to the rare few who aren't but what is it about Souths fans and being complete idiots, by and large? Does a large bag of glue and a straw come with season passes?

A) No you wouldn't consider someone saying they wanted to knock someone's head off in boxing as a crime. They wouldn't mean it literally, and the aim of boxing is to hit someone in the head. The aim of rugby league is not to twist someone's leg and break it. It is to hit them legitimately between the shoulder and the leg, and if you break bones legally then fair play to you.

B) Your previous point about cutting someone in half with a tackle was just as moronic. For the same reasons.

C) Yes, Luke is frowned upon even more because he admitted he wanted to break his leg. It's filth. And apologizing doesn't absolve him. I look forward to committing crimes that can cause pain upon others then smoothing it all over with a 'shucks, sorry guys I was just trying to break a bone' and moving on. I don't know why we waste tax payers money putting people with assault charges on trial when a simple sorry will suffice.

I think you should have a break from this thread. You're not very good at it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hoping someone gets seriously injured is a wrong.

Not all Souths fans are defending him. I'm not defending him. He deserves a suspension. He does not deserve an injury wished on him by morons.

He will get injured, it's called karma. That's the way the world works.

Meth

Staff member
Kiwi fan here, and generally a Luke apologist, but his conduct in this tournament has been indefensible. His cheap version of thuggery is quickly eclipsing his talent.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'm so glad he admitted there was malicious intent in it. It means next time he tries to pull a stunt like that, or even accidentally pulls a stunt like that, there is going to be that big question mark over his head from the public, from the judiciary, from the players and from sponsors. He's shown he has it in him, he's admitted he has it in him, so the next suspension should be an absolute monster. Good.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Struggling to remember the last time a player came out and admitted deliberately trying to seriously injure another player using foul play? This made me laugh:

"I don't like that dirty name. It's not what I am,"

If trying to break someone's leg isn't dirty wtf is? Hopefully an uppercut will cause some permenant damage in his boxing bout and we'll see the end of the grub in our game.

Ozzy

First Grade
I'm so glad he admitted there was malicious intent in it. It means next time he tries to pull a stunt like that, or even accidentally pulls a stunt like that, there is going to be that big question mark over his head from the public, from the judiciary, from the players and from sponsors. He's shown he has it in him, he's admitted he has it in him, so the next suspension should be an absolute monster. Good.
Come on Spanner, its not his go and after all he did apologise. :sarcasm:

aqua_duck

Coach
ha ha ha , you give Luke plenty of credit knowing his moves versus what looked to me an awkward attack on the leg.
Oh yes , by the way , in Jiu Jitsu , is that hold illegal?

In MMA a head kick, knee or elbow to the face are all legal, does that mean they should be legal in rugby league aswell you f**ken imbercile