What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

Luke is a scumbag, theres no question about it and i have nothing good to say about him. But i find it a little funny that theres a 10 page thread about this tackle and how he's got this "premeditated technique to injure players" and "trying to end players season" etc. and that he should be suspended for a whole season (really?) but when a guy like Paul Gallen intentionally stomps on an opponent or rips at their stitches he's just being tough and passionate and everyone's happy to have him in the aussie team and captain of his state.

Ripping at stitches is nothing though. You aren't going to potentially put a man out of the game for any stretch by having a little feel around at his stitches.

Not that it should be legal as they're both grub acts, but the comparison ends there. What Luke is doing has the potential to end careers. That's the difference.

Bman26

Juniors
Luke is a scumbag, theres no question about it and i have nothing good to say about him. But i find it a little funny that theres a 10 page thread about this tackle and how he's got this "premeditated technique to injure players" and "trying to end players season" etc. and that he should be suspended for a whole season (really?) but when a guy like Paul Gallen intentionally stomps on an opponent or rips at their stitches he's just being tough and passionate and everyone's happy to have him in the aussie team and captain of his state.

If I remember correctly there was a huge amount of disgust on this forum when pulled at the stitches, gave that guy the squirrell grip and every other grubby he act he did. What Gallen did do though is clean up his act and stop being a grubby scumbag.

betcats

Referee
Luke is a scumbag, theres no question about it and i have nothing good to say about him. But i find it a little funny that theres a 10 page thread about this tackle and how he's got this "premeditated technique to injure players" and "trying to end players season" etc. and that he should be suspended for a whole season (really?) but when a guy like Paul Gallen intentionally stomps on an opponent or rips at their stitches he's just being tough and passionate and everyone's happy to have him in the aussie team and captain of his state.[/QUOTE]

There is a massive thread everytime Gallen does something grubby on the field ffs fourex has a field day every time, what else do you want? Invade the shire and try to crucify the bloke?

some11

Referee
''I've got to try and control my aggression rather than try to break everyone. I'm regretting it but I can't take it back. I need to wipe all that stuff out of my game,'' Luke said.

At least hes acknowledged hes got a problem, hopefully he sticks to his word.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Luke is a scumbag, theres no question about it and i have nothing good to say about him. But i find it a little funny that theres a 10 page thread about this tackle and how he's got this "premeditated technique to injure players" and "trying to end players season" etc. and that he should be suspended for a whole season (really?) but when a guy like Paul Gallen intentionally stomps on an opponent or rips at their stitches he's just being tough and passionate and everyone's happy to have him in the aussie team and captain of his state.[/QUOTE]

There is a massive thread everytime Gallen does something grubby on the field ffs fourex has a field day every time,

Yet he is blind to Smith and Thirdman.

Invalid. Good for a laugh. I'll admit to clip clopping across the trolls bridge once or twice.

Novelty has passed.

As for Luke, suspend him for 4 weeks next time. Then 8, and so on.

aqua_duck

Coach
Seriously 2 game suspension for deliberately trying to break someones leg, that is soft, as for Luke what else would you expect from a merkin like him

Danish

Referee

I think you'll find when Gallen ripped out those stitches there was a massive outcry on here wanting him banned long term.

DC_fan

Coach
For mine Issac has some serious problems with his aggressive attitude. Either he needs to sort them out himself or someone else will, and that may not be pretty.

Would not surprise me if he is not long for Souths and the NRL.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Don't like the cannonball tackles but with what he did to Chase. Sure it was misguided and the wrong thing to do but all he wanted to do was break his leg. Once upon a time in some countries if you sold out and became a traitor to your country, they'd kill you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i said a few days ago and ill say it again, he's trying to end blokes seasons, maliciously going out on a football field with the intent to cause serious harm

deregister the grub for a year, no fat pay checks, no football, he can go and earn a real wage and get a real job for 12 months and give himself plenty of time to think about what he's potentially doing to the people he's trying to harm

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't like the cannonball tackles but with what he did to Chase. Sure it was misguided and the wrong thing to do but all he wanted to do was break his leg. Once upon a time in some countries if you sold out and became a traitor to your country, they'd kill you.

If someone did the samething to speedboat would you be sticking up for them?

BunniesMan

Immortal
If someone did the samething to speedboat would you be sticking up for them?
I wasn't condoning it. Infact I explicitly said it was the wrong thing to do...there is obviously never a justification to intentionally try to injury someone on a footy field.

Latest posts