What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

God-King Dean

Immortal
Quinn did something similar to Ennis in '09, a crocodile roll on his ankle & got 1 week.

Kinda hard to know what kind of suspension to give.

Raider_69

Post Whore
disagree, its rather easy to know what kind of suspesion
he's from what ive seen, deliberately trying to end blokes seasons and for mine he needs to gain some perspective on what it is like to miss a season of football, so imo, id have suspended him for 30 games (covers pre season, in season and post season)

hell some blokes dont ever come back from serious knee injuries
he should ride the pine and reflect on what its like to miss a season of football.

Zigwaa

Bench
disagree, its rather easy to know what kind of suspesion
he's from what ive seen, deliberately trying to end blokes seasons and for mine he needs to gain some perspective on what it is like to miss a season of football, so imo, id have suspended him for 30 games (covers pre season, in season and post season)

hell some blokes dont ever come back from serious knee injuries
he should ride the pine and reflect on what its like to miss a season of football.

Chase's season wasn't ended though so why would Luke be suspended for a full season?

I don't think Luke was "trying to end blokes season". He was however trying to take him out of the game and should have been sent off and given the 2 week suspension. It was a deliberate grubby act and has been dealt with. Hopefully the bonehead gets it through his skull to cut out the rubbish.

Ozzy

First Grade
Chase's season wasn't ended though so why would Luke be suspended for a full season?

I don't think Luke was "trying to end blokes season". He was however trying to take him out of the game and should have been sent off and given the 2 week suspension. It was a deliberate grubby act and has been dealt with. Hopefully the bonehead gets it through his skull to cut out the rubbish.
The length of recovery time of the victim shouldn't make any difference to how long the offender gets.

gronkathon

First Grade

Hope someone does it to Burgess in the first game of the season so we can see if you respond the same way

Zigwaa

Bench
I'm not condoning it at all. I am totally against eveything grubby thing he's done in the internationals.

I'm saying the same thing, that the recovery shouldn't affect the suspension. Hence why he should get 30 weeks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
should have got 8 weeks min imo. Its as bad as a deliberate straight arm, fist closed attack to the head. Seems the judiciary has no idea at the moment what severity of punishment deliberate acts of foul play should get. We saw in the Manly/Storm fights the ridiculous place they are currently in. Someone needs to give them a shake and remind them why they are there, to protect players!

Ozzy

First Grade
I'm not condoning it at all. I am totally against eveything grubby thing he's done in the internationals.

I'm saying the same thing, that the recovery shouldn't affect the suspension. Hence why he should get 30 weeks.
I realised that, I was making the point about injury shouldn't have an effect on penalty.

Raider_69

Post Whore

Just because he failed to end guys seasons doesnt change his actions
he should be sat out for a season so he has an understanding of what it is like to ride the pine for an entire season, maybe then he will appreciate what he the repercussions of his actions could mean for another player

voltron

Juniors
the guy is a dog
with massive small man syndrome
overcompensation if i ever saw it
the guy deserves more than two weeks

OVP

Coach
catfish-face.jpg

226611-issac-luke.jpg

Thank God he doesnt look like the Goliath Tiger Fish ... :shock:

558107-goliath-tigerfish.gif

Seriously though, I cant split Luke and Sandow as players i'd like to punch out the most. Sandow can be just as disgusting too ... Parra need to seriously de-louse him before training starts to get rid of all the LOL@Souffs germs. I'm sure its these germs that make these germs do what they do ... LOL@Souffs !!

The problem with Luke's grubby tackling is easy to fix. At the slightest hint of dodginess, the refs should just send him off. When Souths lose a couple of games by having a man short the club will pull him into line.

***MH***

Bench
Is this something the RLPA would intervene with? Luke's premeditated technique to injure his opponents is a threat to player careers. Surely if the RLPA step in when a contract goes wrong, surely they can assist with a direction to a rouge player to protect the safety and security of their players.

Charlie124

First Grade
Luke is a scumbag, theres no question about it and i have nothing good to say about him. But i find it a little funny that theres a 10 page thread about this tackle and how he's got this "premeditated technique to injure players" and "trying to end players season" etc. and that he should be suspended for a whole season (really?) but when a guy like Paul Gallen intentionally stomps on an opponent or rips at their stitches he's just being tough and passionate and everyone's happy to have him in the aussie team and captain of his state.

dogslife

Coach
The problem with Luke's grubby tackling is easy to fix. At the slightest hint of dodginess, the refs should just send him off. When Souths lose a couple of games by having a man short the club will pull him into line.

Souths don't need help to lose games.

LOL@50uff$