What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannonball" Luke

Matt23

Staff member
He's tried to end a season twice now

sitting on the pine for a season should give him plenty of time to consider his style

He's a complete scum bag, not even a grubby player, he's beyond that, he's just a weak pissant of a person, a guy who goes out there maliciously, with intent to cause serious injury. Absolute scum.
Agreed 100%

drago brelli

Bench
He's tried to end a season twice now

sitting on the pine for a season should give him plenty of time to consider his style

He's a complete scum bag, not even a grubby player, he's beyond that, he's just a weak pissant of a person, a guy who goes out there maliciously, with intent to cause serious injury. Absolute scum.
Well said. He's not the only player putting westling type holds and tackles. Jeremy Smith is another player who does this stuff. He learnt it at Melbourne and employed it at the Dragons and Cronulla. This must be removed from the game. This is not in the spirit of the game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dont usually wish injury on a player, but i honestly hope this merkin does an ACL in the preseason... give him an insight into what he's attempting to inflict on others.

Matt23

Staff member
...so where are all the Kiwi's defending Luke's actions this week, oh silly me they weren't playing Australia :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Strange thing is we all know how tough (defense) yet fair he can be, while being a dynamic attacking player too.
He doesnt need to resort to this crap...this rubbish lowers his game massively

Danish

Referee
I defended Luke after the shillo tackle as I really cant see how we can stop players going into the legs of a players thats not held...

but last night was just disgusting. Wrenching on someone's knee like that is something that needs to be stamped out swiftly and immediately.

I'd honestly consider a 6 month ban for this sort of bullshit. its in the same realm as digging a thumb into someone's eye, or a couple fingers up a player's arse

beave

Coach
The shit he pulled against us this year where he stayed down I could cop, any cowboy would have done the same thing to win the game in the dying moments, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But what he did this morning was f**king atrocious and I think this little turd needs a good hard look at himself because it won't be long til somone a lot bigger than him punches portholes through his downy looking face.

Doga

Juniors
Its not just charging at the back of the knees. Lima at Wigan got pinged for what was proabbly even more dangerous, coming in at the side of the knee on a player who's basically held (i.e. no way for his leg to bend to take the impact). Its probably a hard one for refs to gauge at times, but one thing's for sure, the players generally know exactly what's gone on and what the intent is, and to me it looks awful.

JWH did exactly this to Sam Kasiano twice in a trial match last season

chewsta

First Grade
The shit he pulled against us this year where he stayed down I could cop, any cowboy would have done the same thing to win the game in the dying moments, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But what he did this morning was f**king atrocious and I think this little turd needs a good hard look at himself because it won't be long til somone a lot bigger than him punches portholes through his downy looking face[/B].

:lol::lol::lol: f**k I LOL'd at that!!

Glen

Bench
It's been a stellar year for Isaac. Another spectacular failure at Souffs despite his diving performance to steal a game in the run home.

Now a dismal series with the Kiwis capped off by trying to end a couple of guys' 2012 seasons before they had started.

Oh yea and his individual form was garbage all year as well

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Kiwi boys were certaing not happy with Chase where they! TBH how something like that is not a sending off I have no idea. Refs need to grow some and start red carding these types of plays, players would soon get the message.

On a side note the tackling styles of the two teams was very evident with the messing about, 3rd man in, wrestling etc of the NRL Kiwis against the clean and quick tackles of the SL poms. We may have the best comp but geez we have allowed the tackle to get messed up.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
The Kiwi boys were certaing not happy with Chase where they! TBH how something like that is not a sending off I have no idea. Refs need to grow some and start red carding these types of plays, players would soon get the message.

On a side note the tackling styles of the two teams was very evident with the messing about, 3rd man in, wrestling etc of the NRL Kiwis against the clean and quick tackles of the SL poms. We may have the best comp but geez we have allowed the tackle to get messed up.

Agreed. I had a lol at my mate, he was whinging that the Poms weren't playing the ball properly, and it made it look "messy". Rather that than the wrestling, at least the incorrect play the ball speeds it up.

NRL has more substance, but the SL has a lot more style.

The Storm are just angry that they didn't come up with that move first.

But seriously, what Luke did was just plain wrong. That's not playing the game hard or tough, it's f*cked up.

Hope he gets more than a few weeks.

They did come up with it first. Mick Crocker and their cross-eyed winger who's name I forget have history of ankle twisting.

JWH did exactly this to Sam Kasiano twice in a trial match last season

JWH does it all the time. The pundits haven't picked up on it though.

Storm fans will tell you, he almost broke Jaiman Lowes leg/ankle/knee earlier in the season with a f**king ridiculous low tackle.

The problem is what he does isn't illegal, it's not a stationary ankle twist like what Luke did. JWH comes in at speed to make a legit tackle, he comes down the legs and barrel rolls while holding peoples legs, twisting them the wrong way round.

Keep an eye out for it in 2012. You think at first glance he's just making form, low tackles, but there's something more to his technique. I'm not sure it's malicious but he's probably got the most dangerous technique in the NRL.