What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Live Without

astrogirl

First Grade
Fair point that

I think it's supposed to be a column/article about your favourite stuff. I've just used the heading that I think is used in the sunday mag.

Misanthrope

Staff member
In no particular order:

1. My computer - Whether it's playing a game to keep myself occupied, listening to music to keep myself sane, or writing to keep myself on the write track.

2. My mobile phone - My link to all of my good friends back in Newcastle, Sydney, Armidale, and around the world.

3. My bed - I loves it!

4. Foxtel - Without it I'd never be able to watch so much rugby league, A-League, English Premier League, UEFA Cup Qualifiers, or internationals. Bless you, FoxSports. Oh, and The Daily Show!

5. Books - I haven't read a good one lately (too busy trying to write my own), but a good book is the best escape possible in my eyes.

6. Pastrami - My current lunch meat of choice. Kick-ass in any of its incarnations

7. My family and friends - Obvious, really

8. Good Food - Like Alex, I like the finer things in life

9. Sports - Playing a game of football or rugby league with my brothers is about the highlight of most afternoons, and it's getting me fit as well

10. Writing - My gift in life, and one I'm intent on sharing with the rest of the world.

roopy

Referee
Dilmah said:
Probably, apart from antonius.
It went - a pretty girl talking to camera - 'I can live without my boyfriend, i can live without chocolate, i can live without my job - but i can't live without my mumm'
cut to scene of same girl applying mumm anti-perspirent deodorant
cut back to girl talking to camera 'I can't really live without chocolate.'

TooheysNew

Coach
How long ago are we talking? I think I remember Mum ads in the vein of that, but not that one specifically.

roopy

Referee
Dilmah said:
How long ago are we talking? I think I remember Mum ads in the vein of that, but not that one specifically.
the ads went on for about 10 years - from the late 70s to late 80s i reckon.

roopy

Referee
hey, i can remember singing along with the original aeroplane jelly ads in the 60s - that is old.