What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Bulldogs star Ben Roberts charged

Without CCTV footage or (reliable) witnesses present to the incident, I dont like the chances of the police establishing all of the facts.

Bigfella

Coach
Until the facts are fully known... most of which are so far in Ben's favour as far as I can tell, let's keep hearsay and speculation, and media beat-up on the backburner hey?

Are you trying to be funny with that post?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Whoa so it's all Ben's fault?

He got bashed you f*cking idiot.

Timmah

Staff member
I can see where Bigfella is trying to make the Bulldogs the guilty party yet again.

legend

Coach
Timmah said:
So you'll ignore all facts and ignore a half-baked story the media FIRST presents you with, not bother to read the fine print and continue on with a serious agenda?

You're not fooling anyone, least of all people like Furry or myself.

I'll wait and see what happens but fooling you two is not that difficult I might add. Harry and Lloyd strike again...

Bigfella

Coach
Until the facts are fully known... most of which are so far in Ben's favour as far as I can tell, let's keep hearsay and speculation, and media beat-up on the backburner hey?

What I found funny about this was that it was so hypocritcal that I assumed you were being ironic. On the one hand you are telling someone not to jump to conclusions until the facts are known - on the other you are relying on those same facts to reach a conclusion which suits you.

That is called having your cake and eating it too (something you could probably do without champ).

As for your next post:

I can see where Bigfella is trying to make the Bulldogs the guilty party yet again.

1. I wasn;t trying in anyway to blame Roberts. My post was aimed at the inconsistency in your statement.

2. My only other post in this thread was to point out, at a fairly early stage, that if Roberts had been severely concussed it was probably unfair to be too critical - a point that others have since adopted. If I could be bothered going through all the posts, I would probably find that you have used it yourself since then ...

3. I have not made any post trying to make the Bulldogs the guilty party in this or any other thread.

I can only assume you may well be as stupid as everyone says.

Timmah

Staff member
What I found funny about this was that it was so hypocritcal that I assumed you were being ironic. On the one hand you are telling someone not to jump to conclusions until the facts are known - on the other you are relying on those same facts to reach a conclusion which suits you.

That is called having your cake and eating it too (something you could probably do without champ).

I wasn't reaching a conclusion... it's far from solved - but from what is actually being said, what has come up in articles and official statements i.e. the one posted a page or two back from the club, things, so far (without an investigation completed) appear, in my opinion, to back up Roberts and the fact he was bashed and then when he re-entered the club, was concussed enough to potentially not be fully aware of his state (that doesn't deny that the action is flat out stupid). Based on your second point, that seems to be your train of thought, and regardless of how I may have worded it - I was trying to illustrate the point that on the evidence he so far appears to be moreso a victim than a criminal, so to speak.

But perhaps more (or less) interestingly, how would you know the first thing about me, and where would you get the idea of me supposedly being fat other than trying to copy everyone else, fit in and get a chuckle or two? You know, it's a pity you stood out from the crowd on your perception of the potential of Roberts being in a concussed state, because you sure showed your willingness to be a sheep thereafter with your slights against me. Well done. :clap:

Timmah said:
I wasn't reaching a conclusion... it's far from solved - but from what is actually being said, what has come up in articles and official statements i.e. the one posted a page or two back from the club, things, so far (without an investigation completed) appear, in my opinion, to back up Roberts and the fact he was bashed and then when he re-entered the club, was concussed enough to potentially not be fully aware of his state (that doesn't deny that the action is flat out stupid). Based on your second point, that seems to be your train of thought, and regardless of how I may have worded it - I was trying to illustrate the point that on the evidence he so far appears to be moreso a victim than a criminal, so to speak.

I havnt seen this many wagons in a circle since John Wayne and Sitting Bull crossed paths. :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
But perhaps more (or less) interestingly, how would you know the first thing about me, and where would you get the idea of me supposedly being fat other than trying to copy everyone else, fit in and get a chuckle or two? You know, it's a pity you stood out from the crowd on your perception of the potential of Roberts being in a concussed state, because you sure showed your willingness to be a sheep thereafter with your slights against me. Well done. :clap:

You posted enough pics of yourself on LU, therefore we know what you look like.
Well done.

Timmah

Staff member
And you deduced from them that I'm morbidly obese? :lol:

Latest posts