What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury Race 2 today

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I thought the first 3 home were pretty decent runs in this race,Sebring Sun came from way back with the big weight(good effort for a 2 year old under the heavy load),the 2nd placed horse on debut Montauk also finished very hard and travelled nicely in the run,the 3rd placegetter Metallic Crown may have been the best run in the race as he was 800 wide the whole trip,did well to fight on strongly on debut from a tough run.

Only a midweek donkey meeting but Sebring Sun has shown some talent before that and the other 2 placegetters are by very good sires(More Than Ready and Northern Meteor)

http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/Results.aspx?Key=2015Jul29,NSW,Canterbury%20Park

Replays are here,there all better than Wazn already so that's a positive.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
One bet I had all day was on Sebring Sun always been a rap on the horse.

Spewing though because I took 3.80 yesterday fixed thinking it was good odds and he ended up drifting to 5s :fist:

His form was far superior to anything else in the race but I definately agree I think there will be a few winners to come out of it over the next few months.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Also a nice debut by 'Ill take the Jag' in the third

Rising 4yo by High Chap they have taken their time with but I think will be rewarded for :cool:

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Spewing though because I took 3.80 yesterday fixed thinking it was good odds and he ended up drifting to 5s :fist:

His form was far superior to anything else in the race but I definately agree I think there will be a few winners to come out of it over the next few months.

Sebring Sun being aimed for the Golden Rose,currently $51 for that race,interesting that Metallic Crown is also $51

lockyno1

Post Whore

Massive drifter but was the best horse in the race, actually got it at $5 so I'm happy but I only put $20 as I couldn't watch the race!:x

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Montauk in race 1 tomoz at Canterbury

Will be winning if it starts in the first, but it's also nommed for the Deploy race where there are a few other handy types too, so that will be the tougher route.

All up with Nancy which I am declaring, $3 available absolute moral :cool:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Berry is an absolute donkey...back him when he is on a $20+ shot.....but I never go near him in favourites!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I had one of the biggest bets of the year on Nancy today I thought it was an absolute moral.

So frustrating when it obviously should of won with a leg in the air

Berry was so slow to react to what was happening around him, the race was done before he pulled the whip. Should have got it out much earlier, it was traveling like a dream coming round the corner but instead of riding it like the best horse in the race and getting it into clear air he waited for the dream run which never came.

Unbelievably Nancy got within a length in the end, brilliant run but it doesn't help feed Lemons kids! I think it will win black type this prep.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Cannyscent to smash sebring sun tomorrow.

I'm lucky enough to have a share in a newly turned 2yo with Gabrielle so have a bit of stable knowledge/vested interest and will obviously be cheering Cannyescent tomorrow.

Stable has always had a pretty big rap on this horse, won well at Goulburn on debut but I I don't think anyone was thinking it would be so short in a group 3 race at its second start.Massive step up tomorrow but the horse has the ability, could be a serious animal in 12 months time.

Interesting story it was actually the final ever yearling to go be offered at sale by the great Canny Lad :cool:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I'm lucky enough to have a share in a newly turned 2yo with Gabrielle so have a bit of stable knowledge/vested interest and will obviously be cheering Cannyescent tomorrow.

Stable has always had a pretty big rap on this horse, won well at Goulburn on debut but I I don't think anyone was thinking it would be so short in a group 3 race at its second start.Massive step up tomorrow but the horse has the ability, could be a serious animal in 12 months time.

Interesting story it was actually the final ever yearling to go be offered at sale by the great Canny Lad :cool:

You got dis:cool:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
You got dis:cool:

First time as an owner mate, only own a tail hair or two and chances are it's a donkey but so far it's been a great experience.

Gabby is on the up her stable has literally doubled this year. Has plenty of 2yos coming through.

Latest posts