What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Crisis

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
Kris_man said:
my final verdict: give the management/coach one more season. i almost want to see us fail, though, so we can axe the coach for someone a bit less boring and Brian Smith-like. cos even if we succeed playing boring, i'm not gonna be completely satisfied (unless we make the GF or win the comp.)

btw, did Elliott start coaching in 2001 or 2002?

elliot already has one more season Kris .... are you advocating one more after that :cry: :?

OK mate so its clear you dont want Elliott to stick around. Assuming Ricky Stuart doesnt come home, who do you want as our next coach?

I'm not having a go at you, this is a legitimate question.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Good question, if stuart isnt willing and no one else is of quality, i say give snoopy one year deal see what he can do, see about getting Daley down here as an assistant but that will be a tall order getting him from a high fox sports contract

Stuart - Snoopy - Bellamy
any of them id be pretty pleased with, With Daley as an assistant, possible full timer in future.

Bay56

First Grade
thickos said:
Bay56 said:
Kris_man said:
my final verdict: give the management/coach one more season. i almost want to see us fail, though, so we can axe the coach for someone a bit less boring and Brian Smith-like. cos even if we succeed playing boring, i'm not gonna be completely satisfied (unless we make the GF or win the comp.)

elliot already has one more season Kris .... are you advocating one more after that :cry: :?

OK mate so its clear you dont want Elliott to stick around. Assuming Ricky Stuart doesnt come home, who do you want as our next coach?

Bellamy would be my next choice .... I would place him on equal standing with Stuart as far as coaching is concerned .... the advantage with Stuart is that he has established contacts in the big smoke that would assist managment in getting their man (he is also the NSW coach and possible Australian coach).

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
thickos said:
Bay56 said:
Kris_man said:

Bellamy would be my next choice .... I would place him on equal standing with Stuart as far as coaching is concerned .... the advantage with Stuart is that he has established contacts in the big smoke that would assist managment in getting their man (he is also the NSW coach and possible Australian coach).

I agree that Bellamy is an excellent coach, and being a Raiders old boy is a benefit in that he knows the club. But hasn't he committed to the Storm for 3-4 years?

Anyone off contract or not coaching at the moment???

skeepe

Immortal
Every time a coaching gig comes up, it seems Ian Millward from St. Helens is mentioned, if Elliott were to go I wouldn't mind him coming over.

Kris_man

Bench
pleeeeease not another ESL coach, i'd rather keep Elliott. MUCH rather keep Elliott. i rate Daniel Anderson, though, i wouldn't mind having him coach us, but he is a Brian Smith protege, so preferably it'd be Stuart or Bellamy. but that ain't gonna happen.

joel

Juniors
This is an extract of a post I made on another forum.....

For the record, I think our management need to be taken out back and told a few home truths. As for our coach, I'm not at all impressed with his performance this season, but of the coaches that are available, I think that he's the best option. Bellamy would be a good option, but as thickos on LU pointed out, he won't be available for a few years. Stuart is another that I'd like to see back home, but he's a rooster now, and I cannot see him returning anytime soon.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Kris_man said:
pleeeeease not another ESL coach, i'd rather keep Elliott. MUCH rather keep Elliott. i rate Daniel Anderson, though, i wouldn't mind having him coach us, but he is a Brian Smith protege, so preferably it'd be Stuart or Bellamy. but that ain't gonna happen.

SO you would prefer a coach who took his team to the bottom of the ladder before leaving in Anderson, over a coach who took a bunch of ordinary players to the top 8 3 years in a row? We don't have the quality of player that the roosters or storm do. Even the warriors had a good roster last year and they struggled. Poor coaching? If not, then what makes Stuart so special taking a team of superstars to the GF? If it was poor coaching, then why do u want him here?

Brimmer

Juniors
I have no doubt that Wayne Collins will make a brilliant coach in the NRL. He has always been very interested in the more clinical parts of the game. His professionalism on the field when he was playing always suggested that he had a bright future in the coaching ranks.

Bay56

First Grade
Brimmer said:
I have no doubt that Wayne Collins will make a brilliant coach in the NRL. He has always been very interested in the more clinical parts of the game. His professionalism on the field when he was playing always suggested that he had a bright future in the coaching ranks.

I tend to agree Brimmer but I would lean towards a Stuart or Bellamy due to their drawing power.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh drawing power really isnt somthing we've had for a while

i think the canberra cold has alot to do with that too