What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney career threat over lewd photo

rasaint

Juniors
My speculation is Todd will be at the knights next year. As a Dragons supporter I always worry if Todd is in the opposing team. Wayne Bennent would love that talent in his team. In my opinion Roosters were carried into the grand final by him in 2010.

I guess Sharks thought this is an on going issue for us and at reported $650 to $700k a year for next 4 with a dodgy hamstring it's a bridge to far.

At $350 to $450k someone will pick him up.

GT0007

Juniors
My speculation is Todd will be at the knights next year. As a Dragons supporter I always worry if Todd is in the opposing team. Wayne Bennent would love that talent in his team. In my opinion Roosters were carried into the grand final by him in 2010.

I guess Sharks thought this is an on going issue for us and at reported $650 to $700k a year for next 4 with a dodgy hamstring it's a bridge to far.

At $350 to $450k someone will pick him up.

I'm not sure the NRL will register him again. When you have 1 billion dollar TV deals and sponsors to consider Carney is a liability. No 1 player is bigger than the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As a Dragons supporter I always worry if Todd is in the opposing team.
Just on this, Carney was no real threat to us in 2010. That was supposed to be his big chance, the lifeline from Easts.

I always saw him as a great talent, but inconsistent. His off-field shenanigans simply made him too much trouble for mine. When Sharks signed him, it was always just a matter of time, imo.

DUB888

Juniors
The NRL have said that they believe no club will sign Carney due to his history and if a contract did come across their table they would not register it.
No link as he is Headline news everywhere this morning.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Some of the scum supporters have gone full genius in their forum.

Lol...so delusional. Carney gone is a good thing, it was only a matter of time and he doesn't deserve the opportunities he's been given. Cronulla did the right thing.

Mr Red

First Grade
Carney should go to the storm, they need a five eighth, and Bellamy could give him discipline. Plus in Melbourne he would be out of the spotlight which would help...

Jooeeyy

Juniors
We were all talking about it today & why not.. some other team will most likely sign him & NRL said they will probably not ban him for life.

Image it
Carney on the left -
Widdop in the middle -
Marshall on the right -

Get a couple of not useless forwards (Merrin and Thompson are most likely going to Brisbane and Canberra) and good coach (95% sure its Neil Henry from what I'm told) and it will be a very good contender next year.

What Carney did was beyond stupid everyone knows that but did he hurt anyone? NO! did he do anything Illegal? NO!. The sharks have been put into the fu*king blender this year had one of the worst years I've never seen in my life so I wouldn't blame anyone in that team to go under the rails

He was going to go to the Dragons in the first place a couple of years ago but he decided the stay with the Sharks.

So why not.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
Because he won't be playing in the NRL again for a couple of years at least I'd venture.
Good riddance.

I'm liking that backline!

I believe in giving people a chance..

Even a second, third or fourth chance for that matter.
LOL.

Sure, Cronulla HAD to do what they did.
Todd had abused that opportunity.

But that is not to say he should not be given another start at another club.

He would need to be contrite and want to reform (yet again).
That would need to be assessed.
And discussed with club sponsors.

It's a risk. Yes.
But like Jooeeyy says - the bottom line is it was "just" a very stupid act.
He seems like a decent bloke, beneath it all.

Todd Carney, come on down!
(next year).
Wayne will look after him.

Hutty1986

Immortal
1. Carney won't be playing in the NRL again for a long, long time, if ever again.
2. Merrin's not going anywhere

GT0007

Juniors
You're making some big assumptions and treating them as probabilities. Outside of that I'm not interested in Carney at all and wasn't when it was rumoured he may come to us a year or 2 ago. Hot and cold as well as injury prone and not worth the money. Other than that I've watched the drama he has caused for every club he's played at. I'd risk someone who has been sacked by 1 club but someone sacked by 3 clubs? He is a disruptive influence and only has the attention span to get thru 1 season. After an initial season where he has helped his club to a good year with the Roosters and Sharks he has contiributed to the wooden spoon the following year. Not the Sharks only problem but he's now left them without a playmaker and a big chance for the spoon right when then did something special. Now they lost their coach and I'm sure Carney was the last straw

Mr Red

First Grade
Dumbest thread ever ... Three halves into 2 positions simply doesn't work.
What numbers will they wear...6a,6b, 7 ???

Latest posts