What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney decision delayed.

Brimmer

Juniors
What I mean is him (MM) getting shafted in the first place.

But anyway.... For my 2 cents worth. Todd needs to sort his sh*t out plain and simple. I'd prefer it not to happen on the raiders time.

The positive is that we have a good wad of cash and Marc Herbert is no slouch. Sure he had a bad game last week. But I've seen enough of him to suggest that he is NRL standard.

That being said, we are lookin' a bit brittle in the 1/2's department.

I applaud the Raiders for taking the moral high ground on this issue. He has had more than enough chances. Life will go on for the Raiders and for Todd.

reptar

Juniors
I've remained quiet on this topic, due to enough ranting and raving and expression of multiple opinions, I didn't think that I had anything constructive to add.

Now it has come to a conclusion I will say this:

Despite my talent as a software engineer and architect, if I went out drinking with work colleagues and pissed on the head of a work colleague's friend, I very much doubt I would have continued employment. On _one_ incident alone.

Congratulations to the club for taking the only course of action that can ensure stability and respect with its employees, suppliers and clients.

Todd, I wish you the very best in life, and hope you rise above this to become a better person.

schnitzel

Juniors
Monas won't have to break a contract, just play out the season with Warrington and negotiate a swap with Carney at seasons end. Carney gets the deal till 2012 on big $$$ and Monas gets to come home on a healthy $400K. Sound good?

edabomb

First Grade
Monas won't have to break a contract, just play out the season with Warrington and negotiate a swap with Carney at seasons end. Carney gets the deal till 2012 on big $$$ and Monas gets to come home on a healthy $400K. Sound good?

Carney was very keen to stay at the Raiders though, so I doubt he's going to be very keen to go to England. If he goes it'll only be for a year.

Bay56

First Grade

Sounds real good schniitz ... but if I were at the helm Michael would neve have left this club (and certainly not for the likes of Brad Drew and co).

If I were at the helm I would have also made sure that our star junior, who obviously had behavour problems, would never have got himself into a situation that would compromise his football career again.

Timbo

Staff member
If I were at the helm I would have also made sure that our star junior, who obviously had behavour problems, would never have got himself into a situation that would compromise his football career again.

And, um, how would you have done that Bay?

You would have been at the urinal holding it for him I take it?

Whitty

Juniors
Sounds real good schniitz ... but if I were at the helm Michael would neve have left this club (and certainly not for the likes of Brad Drew and co).

f**k me, what a lot of crap. This takes the cake. This little grub has got what he deserves after doing nothing for the last few years for the club except get talked up by fools like you, and generally acting like his sh*t don't stink. Give us all a break Bay, don't buy your season tickets, stop logging in to this forum and go and sit outside the Goulburn CES and hold Todds hand for him. You seem to think you could have been his saviour if you where running the show, well go and sort him out now that he has had his arse handed to him.

Wobbygong

First Grade
You can afford to buy Tim Smith for season 2010 :shock:

It's a pity the way the cards have fallen you guys could have made a much bigger play for Barrett...... and kept Campese as well.

edabomb

First Grade
You can afford to buy Tim Smith for season 2010 :shock:

It's a pity the way the cards have fallen you guys could have made a much bigger play for Barrett...... and kept Campese as well.

Wouldn't make much sense sacking a more talented player with discipline reasons only to sign another one with issues.

Cryptic

Juniors
God his manager is a f**kwit... Who obviously knows jack sh*t about the law... He was BANNED from playing a sport by that sports governing body... It's REALLY not the same as a IT company banning you from working for other SEPERATE IT companies (for example) which is illegal...

I think the NRL should look long and hard at banning player managers... I'm starting to believe they are the root of a LOT of the leagues problems...

Timbo

Staff member
If Mick Monnas is, as that article suggests, homesick, I wonder how hard it would be to get him a release to come back home? We're probably the only club at this point who can offer him anywhere near what he's on.

edabomb

First Grade
If Mick Monnas is, as that article suggests, homesick, I wonder how hard it would be to get him a release to come back home? We're probably the only club at this point who can offer him anywhere near what he's on.

There was an article round today with Warrington saying no chance. TBH I think this rumour was started on the forums and the Raiders jumped on board to deflect some anger from the Carney release.

Oh yea, is that a no on F7s?? :lol:

Bay56

First Grade

So you would encourage management to entice Michael to break his 4 year contract with the enticement of a $400K (dont know why I thought of that figure) contract ??

Timbo

Staff member
So you would encourage management to entice Michael to break his 4 year contract with the enticement of a $400K (dont know why I thought of that figure) contract ??

No. I would encourage him to seek a release. If he can't get one legitimately, then no worries.

And I'd offer him more than 400k, I think he'd be worth it.

Bay56

First Grade
No. I would encourage him to seek a release. If he can't get one legitimately, then no worries.

And I'd offer him more than 400k, I think he'd be worth it.

And why would yo do that Timbo ... we're pretty well off in the halves arent we ?? ... what with Campo burning it up and Herb the next err err Todd Carney ... I'd say management knew full well when they dealt the blow to Carney that as far as halves were concerned we're on our way to the top of the table.

Latest posts