What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney decision delayed.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm gutted.

Not at the club. I feel their hand was forced. But at Carney himself.

The guy has been a complete tool for his entire time at the club. If he was at any other club, we'd have all called for his head, so this doesn't suprise me at all...

Todd, what can I say, could have been anything for the green machine. I hope the kid sorts his life out, I don't have the highest of hopes though.

When is Michael Monaghan off contract.

edabomb

First Grade
Unfortunately I tend to agree with you mate.

I know of at least 4 season ticket holders who are weighing up their options for next season.

I was going to become a member on one of the cheaper options next year but I doubt I will now.

Timbo

Staff member
Oh for f**ks sake bay.

Seriously, weighing up whether or not to keep going to games? Over this little prick?

He is not bigger than the Raiders, and he thought he was. I'm proud we're a club with a spine unlike other clubs out there.

I bet if we sign a gun half with the cash that we now suddenly find ourselves waste deep in you'll suddenly backflip.

Your nonsense really gets worse and worse.

edabomb

First Grade
Oh for f**ks sake bay.

Seriously, weighing up whether or not to keep going to games? Over this little prick?

He is not bigger than the Raiders, and he thought he was. I'm proud we're a club with a spine unlike other clubs out there.

I bet if we sign a gun half with the cash that we now suddenly find ourselves waste deep in you'll suddenly backflip.

We haven't signed a quality player in a long time, I highly doubt we will now all the top quality talent has been snapped up. Our best bet on signing someone before next season is getting yet another clubs bunch of rejects.

Joe Williams -> Raiders???

Timbo

Staff member
Something tells me not Joe Williams.

Somebody mentioned Matt Head earlier - I wouldn't turn my nose up at him.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The ONLY call to make. The fact that people on here are supporting him is the exact reason why the players today keep on acting like spoilt brats.

It may hurt the Raiders on the field, but they sure as hell have gone up a notch in so far as showing some pride in themselves as a club.

edabomb

First Grade
Something tells me not Joe Williams.

Somebody mentioned Matt Head earlier - I wouldn't turn my nose up at him.

Matt Head's had plenty of opportunities at other clubs and has never shown that he can play at the NRL level consistently. He'd be a stop gap measure of the same ilk as Brad Drew, Jason Smith, Dobbo.....

Timbo

Staff member
I'm missing Dobbo big time right now...

I have to wonder if the club doesn't have a plan B in the works already...This has really come out of the blue.

If we don't pick anyone up, we'll be huge movers in the player market next year, we have an obscene amount of cash under the cap.

Bay56

First Grade
The ONLY call to make. The fact that people on here are supporting him is the exact reason why the players today keep on acting like spoilt brats.

It may hurt the Raiders on the field, but they sure as hell have gone up a notch in so far as showing some pride in themselves as a club.

Well that's a whole lot of consulation that I ponder as I lay my head on the pillow tonight ... we''' be the joke of most NRL supporters.

Bay56

First Grade
Oh for f**ks sake bay.

Good luck with all that Timbo ... I'm sure Raiders management will have them banging on the door to sign up.

Yea, we're a club with spine ... I'd prefer to be a club with a whole bunch of 2 pointers.

And yea, Carney thought he was bigger than the club ... quite frankly mate he was a star quality player that wanted to play for his favourite club, unlike the Zillmans of this world who f**ked off at the first chance.

My hope is that the remainder of his teammates will tell of their feelings as I'm sure they are pissed off with this decision as much as I am.

Mal Meninga

Bench
We aren't signing anyone good so remove those thoughts from the mind.

The fact we had to sign Nathan Smith for overs, only to backflip shows how ridiculous the situation is and how bad our club is percieved.

Absolutely devastated. Todd is at fault but sacking him is just mentally challenged.

Cryptic

Juniors
I'm pissed at him being sacked but he did force the clubs hand... I mean even after the NRL said he will NOT be playing this year he still persisten on with it... It just shows he is a f**king tool who thinks he can get anything he wants... Well f**k you enjoy working at Coles for the next year and a half (or French Union)... Pissed at management too as they did paint themselves into a corner but at the end of it all Todd wrote his own fate here...

Bay56

First Grade
Cryptic what did he do wrong on the weekend ... is it guilt by association ... Carney's crime was being out celebrating a 50th but unfortunately with his current profile and the reputation of his family in the Goulburn area he got into some "trouble" from all reports not of his making.

I hope he finds a place for himself in life, gets on with his football career and carves it up and in the process shoves it up the arse of Furner and his merry men who have reigned over this club in a decade of under-acheivement.

Fathead

Bench
I know that the raiders fans are not happy but IMHO it was the right thing. If Todd really wanted to stay a raider he would have agreed to the plan - simple.
He didnt because he knows that deep down he cant stay off the grog.

Talking to some of my friends at work, the general feeling is that the Canberra club has really skyrocketed in the admiration stakes and none of these workmates are Raiders supporters.

Some of you raider fans may say -get stuffed we will handle our own thanks -but for the others with a little more broader and tolerant mindset, take solace in the fact that although a great player. your club and supporters deserve more. You have some great juniors coming through and never know who may turn out to be just as good as Carney.

One thing is for sure, any other player who doesnt tow the line will understand that the club is not kidding and that the clubs reputation is the most important thing and is especially bigger than one individual player.

An eels fan says - Good Luck in the future.

Bay56

First Grade
Some of you raider fans may say -get stuffed we will handle our own thanks -but for the others with a little more broader and tolerant mindset, take solace in the fact that although a great player. your club and supporters deserve more. You have some great juniors coming through and never know who may turn out to be just as good as Carney.

We've had great juniors for a number of years Fatty ... unfortunately we tend to let them go ... McLinden, M.Monas, Kite, Zillman are names that easily slip off the tongue ... before this season most Raiders fans were looking towards a future with Zillman and Carney, two players that we'd nurtured and that I personally followed in the junior grades.

And this year we're going to lose the likes of Weyman, Chalk, Best, Carney ... and management attempted to get Nathan Smith back to the club to replace these players.

Yea, management have done really well in the past few years in player recruitment and retention.

They therefore should be congratulated in sacking a quality player who actually wanted to stay a Raider and probably play a good part of his career here ... yes, well done management for having the balls to further jeopardise the chances of this club being a force in the near future.

Bay56

First Grade
Mick Monas is lookin' good right now.

So you want management to entice Mona's to break a contract Brimmer ??

If management had that in their plans in discussions concerning the sacking of Todd Carney then the media should hound them, fabricate stories (I'm sure they could make a story around Don Furner holding a bear at the Tradies) and place pressure on sponsors to sack the lot of them.