What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney decision delayed.

Bay56

First Grade
Carney just has to be accidentely standing next to a Tooheys billboard and someone will take a snapshot for the press to manufacture a story around it.

Last edited:

Bay56

First Grade
I hope the Club can show some leadership with regard to the latest WIN and Telegraph reports ... with the anticipation that the latest report has been blown way out of proportion I'd prefer to see them support and defend Carney.

Mick_63

Juniors
I hope the Club can show some leadership with regard to the latest WIN and Telegraph reports ... with the anticipation that the latest report has been blown way out of proportion I'd prefer to see them support and defend Carney.

I cant believe how piss poor management have been during this.
For mine it seems like every issue from re-signings to disciplinary issues turns into a mountain when they are fair dinkum molehills.

Chachi

Bench
Agreed. As much as I've been on Todd's case this is disgraceful "journalism".

BTW, how is Didak and Shaw going Bay? ;)

Bay56

First Grade
Agreed. As much as I've been on Todd's case this is disgraceful "journalism".

BTW, how is Didak and Shaw going Bay? ;)

Shutup Chach :lol:

FFS Didak is a repeat offender and Shawey is one of their best players ... the way the Pies have been going lately they'll fall out of the eight this weekend and struggle to get back in.

Chachi

Bench
Shutup Chach :lol:

FFS Didak is a repeat offender and Shawey is one of their best players ... the way the Pies have been going lately they'll fall out of the eight this weekend and struggle to get back in.
There's only one thing for it my man. Get back on board the Raiders finals bandwagon!

There is one more thing I will say about Carney. I honestly hope he sorts his life out and I truely think the best place for him to achieve that is Canberra. If he gets forced overseas I think he will struggle to achieve his potential.

The whole situation makes me upset for the club, players and supporters and I'm just pissed it has all happened when we've started to get some momentum...just like last year.

Still no word????
I was hoping i would come home from uni and this stupid f@#king saga wood be ended.

The club and the players need to get all their attention back to footy, if a decision gets delayed again I think my head will explode.

Reports are he's been sacked.

Really? If thats the case i really will be disappointed with the club. Yes they do need to make a stand but i really think the he deserves one last chance to prove his worth.

Yes he has carried on like a complete tool but from what I can gather his main problem with the 5 point plan is that he can't train/play. The way i see it if he agrees with everything else, mainly the alcoholic ban, i don't see why he cant put the boots back on and we can all move forward as a club.

The Preacher

First Grade
just came over on GB that he's been sacked. I feel sorry for the kid myself. I don't think he got the guidance his situation deserved.

edabomb

First Grade
Really? If thats the case i really will be disappointed with the club. Yes they do need to make a stand but i really think the he deserves one last chance to prove his worth.

Yes he has carried on like a complete tool but from what I can gather his main problem with the 5 point plan is that he can't train/play. The way i see it if he agrees with everything else, mainly the alcoholic ban, i don't see why he cant put the boots back on and we can all move forward as a club.

Yup it's all but been confirmed. And I agree it is ridiculous, you can't afford to take the moral high ground in business.

Bay56

First Grade

Summed up to a tee mate ... obviously we dont know all the details but to say I am extremely disappointed with this whole affair would be an understatment of gigantic proportions.

The club may get some credence for this from some fickle supporters and sponsors but in the long run they will lose a hell of a lot more.

I'm gutted !!

cb4

First Grade
i dont know if this was the right time for your club to grow some balls
he will be back with another club in 2010
u guys will have nothing

Bay56

First Grade
i dont know if this was the right time for your club to grow some balls
he will be back with another club in 2010
u guys will have nothing

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you mate.

I know of at least 4 season ticket holders who are weighing up their options for next season.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
In a way I am glad. The chances of Todd staying off the grog for several years is a million to one and it would only be a matter of time before another incident takes place. We have a long history of producing half backs and if Herbert isn't the answer then maybe Picker or Waddell will be. Will be interesting to see how the players react, no doubt there were several players supporting Todd and hopefully this incident doesn't derail the team over the next 5 weeks.

well if nothing else at least a decision has been made. Personally i believe it is the wrong one. Where to now. Yes we may have some good young halves coming through but i don't think any of them, Herbert included are ready to start leading the team round the park. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Devastated though, I really did think Todd was the chosen one.

blain

Juniors
sucks for you raiders fans.

but i mean hes allready had a massive stuff up earlier, you cant just put up with sh*t like that.

maybe you guys will go for matt head?