What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney or Hastings

Old Timer

Coach
The thought of signing Carney shows how little people on this forum know about football.
Ill disciplined player/person + ill disciplined/hopeless coach = hope for the 2107 season aka insanity.
On this forum we always lose our direction of continually demanding something better from our club.
We drift off into discussions and hypothesising how good or better it would be if some second rater came to the club.
Forget all the second stringers, has beens, never was's, depth signings and concentrate on quality signings, quality coaching staff and retention of the best young talent within the club.
Maintain the passion for change in the areas we need it most and stop putting filler in all the rust holes.

blacksafake

First Grade
The thought of signing Carney shows how little people on this forum know about football.
Ill disciplined player/person + ill disciplined/hopeless coach = hope for the 2107 season aka insanity.
On this forum we always lose our direction of continually demanding something better from our club.
We drift off into discussions and hypothesising how good or better it would be if some second rater came to the club.
Forget all the second stringers, has beens, never was's, depth signings and concentrate on quality signings, quality coaching staff and retention of the best young talent within the club.
Maintain the passion for change in the areas we need it most and stop putting filler in all the rust holes.
Well said OT.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Can either of them coach? Save the coin, 2017 is a write off and use the salary cap space in 2018. We are going to need it for the rebuild. If we ever get a first grade coach.

Yep this is a dumb dumb thread - and a bloo@y sad statement of affairs when we are down to picking from these 2 poor excuses for men. Oh hang on , maybe they fit our culture perfectly.

Let's make it our club policy to only be open for business for has-beens, rejects and arrogant co$&s who only care about themselves in their own demented and twisted little world - whoa sorry looks like I started to introduce you all to our Board and coach ....

Last edited:

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Great post OT.

I think to be fair to many of our forum they are simply clutching at any little straw or piece of potential news to stop the genocide.

But you are correct - fact is we need 3 things:

1. a new board
2. a new coach and
3. a new secure financial future.

Should be able to solve these 3 issues by Friday press release deadline.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Whether people like it or not I have a strong feeling he's going to end up with the Dragons next year.
Here's my prediction...

Dragons will get Carney on a one year deal.
Lolohea will sign with Melbourne on a three year deal.
Hastings will go to England.. Most likely signing with Leeds or Warrington.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that if we have 37-38 NRL contracted players the recruitment at NRL level will have been completed unless we release the three party goers. We were looking for a centre/winger (MacDonald probably for Farrell), a couple of props (Kerr, Vaughan for Creagh, Cooper) and a hooker(McInnes for Rein) while Ian Millward said that they would choose a half from Hutchison or McCrone having missed out on others that they were chasing. Dufty could also assist in the halves. We also have Lawrie as a back up prop.

Gareth67

First Grade
[QUOTE="Sheridan Stand, post:
I think to be fair to many of our forum they are simply clutching at any little straw or piece of potential news to stop the genocide.[/QUOTE]

It's becoming distressing , any and all off contract players we now view as potential signings . In this case , both could be described as damaged goods , more so Carney .

As Old Timet said , there are better things to spend the money on - our juniors .

Dare I say it , let's take a leaf out of our rivals book , foster the young Dragon teams and by so doing , we will be looking towards securing our own future , and not that of other clubs .

Last edited:
Probably, I bet he's loving what some people are reading about him.
Still, family members have accidentally let slip things they shouldn't before. Maybe our friend here has seen something on social media?

Does that mean we could have two five-eights in the halves next season.

Maybe that's how McGregor is planning for success :rolleyes:

Old Timer

Coach
My sincerest apologies I have to take back everything I said about Carney.
We definitely have to get him to the Dragons asap.
If we put him in the fountain at the front of the club as a water feature doing his famous bubbler we could charge all the tourists $5 per selfie with him and we would quickly get enough money to get rid of the debt.
Can someone slip around to his mums and get the number?

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I am glad that you are still up Old Timer as that was a good one. We would have to charge him with Doust's supply of Crownies
which would keep Doust sober and ready to face the challenges of the such as what he
could have for lunch with Danny Robinson at the Club and what new committee he could set up to deflect blame from himself.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Old Timer should be our resident
comedian or court jester as we are all stressed out about the Taj and our coaching woes. Ha!Ha!