What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

Card Shark

Immortal
Contract wise...
Someone pleeaaaase tell me Ayshford was next in line for Toddies ale.

If Ayshford did it, we'd sack him too.....not because of that though, because he can't play footy.

He doesn't have a poor discipline record as long as ya arm.

azzah72

Bench
Why is everyone taking this one thing in isolation? It is far more likely he has been sitting on a final warning for some time. Trust me this one time, he is an A Grade pharkwit who has gotten away with worse this year, last year, the year before but things have been able to be silenced. Not this time though. His litany of shameful, stupid acts has finally caught up with him.

Good riddance.

This is about right, I've said it before, I have seen him on the piss and doing some stupid shit for well over a year, i was surprised nothing had come out yet.

It has caught up to him, but that Goodwin bloke is the cancer is a lot of footballers lives.

Fergo, dugan, Gardz, Graham and a couple of others are all hanging around this vermin.

I've Seen Dugan at a local shire pub, the night before a dragons game just recently with goodwin, smashing the pokies with goodwin at his side trying to egg him on to have a drink. He didn't I don't think but just shows that the guy is a f**kwit.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Well the club knew full well who todd and co were hanging around.

Maybe the senior playing group should of stepped in or maybe gal should have just put one on Grayson's chin. Either way this guy is a germ and is the sort of bloke who doesn't have a conscience about the eventual outcome.

Grub of the highest order who probably thinks this is hilarious

Ads

First Grade

Maybe the senior playing group should of stepped in or maybe gal should have just put one on Grayson's chin. Either way this guy is a germ and is the sort of bloke who doesn't have a conscience about the eventual outcome.

I don't think Todd had been hanging around with Goodwin for at least the best part of this year. Maybe they reconnected lately. Carney is obviously a loose cannon but I noticed the more Gardner was around the worse they both became. I'm guessing the club cant wait to be rid of Gardner too.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I don't think Todd had been hanging around with Goodwin for at least the best part of this year. Maybe they reconnected lately. Carney is obviously a loose cannon but I noticed the more Gardner was around the worse they both became. I'm guessing the club cant wait to be rid of Gardner too.

Todd has been hanging around grub since last year. They even went to Hawaii last off season

Weaponhead

Coach

I think you are right about senior players dealing with this stuff. Who would they be more likely to listen to Gallen and Luke Lewis or Noyce? Easy answer there.

They need to be accountable to each other because they mess with each others careers.

This club was one strike outside back away from being a strong contender. Now we are back to square one again.

webShark

My opinion is some people are such dickheads you cant do anything with them. The secret is avoiding them in the first place. Some are obvious like Carney. Others have great potential to re-offend like Dugan and Fathead. Some might offend out of the blue unexpectedly. They are the category that can be counselled IMO.

I am the same as the fossils in the Jackass thread. Here's a sweeping statement. As soon as I saw the Carney and Gards peroxide looks, I suspected trouble.

I feel sorry for some of the young kids at the Sharks who are anything but up themselves and very respectful. Brown,Massima,Leutele and Sopoanga come to mind.

carcharias

Immortal
You'll be happy to know it is now news in America.
My wife just spoke to me from there.
Just on the news there and it is still Sunday night.

husky65

Juniors
Would it have been news if sharks come out and said who gives a f**k?

Would it have been news? you bet it would, it would have made the current circus look like a classified ad for gardening tools, you'd have had "Sharks endorse bubbling" headlines, you'd have had the reaction when the NRL deregistered him, you'd have had players hounded about are they happy to play beside such a grub, you'd have had questions about why charges have not been laid by police, then we get into asking sponsors if they endorse bubbling.

A mate of mine used to run the AAP service in a capital city and according to him this is an almost perfect story - sports star, tackle out, in public, committing what is essentially a weird fetish act and they have photos. Give them any excuse and this would have run for months. Sacking him means it can run its course over the next few days and then die - keeping him on gives the media plenty of new angles to run and as long as he's still there, they'd be looking for more.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
A wierd fetish act? Fork me dead, the bloke played a prank with some mates where he pretended to piss in his own mouth.

There are no new angles, just a single photo, there are only so many times they can play it. There are probably more stories about it now coz we did sack him.

If the media were too much for the weak as pizz sharks to handle then stand him down till it blows over.

Hope all the sharks fans who support his sacking enjoy watching Sharkless footy in September for the foreseeable future.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dead right phatman.
Keeping Carney may have cost us a $1 million in short term sponsors.
Instead it will cost us tens of mills in lost sponsorship & see us anchored to the bottom 4 for 5-10 years.

Latest posts