What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

ek999

First Grade
Isn't he the younger brother of Bronx and Bryson and chum of Fergo's?

Also an even older brother Luke who played at a few clubs in the 90's. Seems like Luke and Bryson have their heads screwed on and the other two are utter f**kwits

Click2000

Juniors
Going with GF and daughter, this time. Sand to the desert :sarcasm: :)

Getting dentist stuff done also. Be watching the SOO over there so, Patong, Phuket PM me , see if your in the same place at the same time etc.

im going Koh Panghan far far away from any Sharks news!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Why is everyone taking this one thing in isolation? It is far more likely he has been sitting on a final warning for some time. Trust me this one time, he is an A Grade pharkwit who has gotten away with worse this year, last year, the year before but things have been able to be silenced. Not this time though. His litany of shameful, stupid acts has finally caught up with him.

Good riddance.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Most of those who live in Cronulla and follow the Sharks, would concur with the reports. Now the cat is out of the bag, Gards too plus Wade have had similar reports. On the positive side, my reports are Wade got his act together. Come on mods , let this one through.

One of those is lucky they didn't end up in the clink.

Jono Russell

Bench
Anyone who thinks the club has done wrong here is kidding them selves.

He has had multiple chances at multiple clubs. Any star player earning that much coin has to realise they are apart of the brand.

Carney has children that idolise him yet he has a pic of his c**k out pissing into his mouth plastered all over the internet. What a moron.

I told my 9 year old son tonight that Carney would no longer play for the sharks. He honestly went to bed almost in tears.

This is one moron I do not want my Sharks crazy children idolising.

Plastered

Juniors
Same here Jono - my 7 year old's favourite is Todd Carney. But like you, Frenz and a few others I am happy to see the back of him. Carney, Fathead, Dugan, all absolute w**kers. Honestly, how thick are they?

Southern Shark

Juniors
I hope that all players and trainers who squirt water on their face are from this day forward sacked. Absolute gee up . Board fell for it. Like putting your hand up beside the leaning tower

webShark

The bloke is a wannabe. A f**kn germ who has just contributed to the end of his mate's career. What a merkin.
He is a merkin but what do you expect from a mate of Todd's? Bunch of Merkins. Grayson Goodwin is BFF of all the dero footballers in the area. TC, Fergo and Dugan. Think he may have been in the Epic Bender Crew who claimed Ben Barba as a member.

Merkin or not, he has done us a favour. TC was playing shit, on the drink and an embarrassment to the club. Now we are rid of him and his germ mates. The hard part is moving on. Let's not replace him with another grub. Midge Maguire has strict standards. I am worried why he would let Reynolds go. Is it just form related?

TC has done a number on us. All player agents will now be adding 100k to their players values.
DCE talk is hilarious. I wouldn't even advise him to come here. We are now a marquee player free zone.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Why is everyone taking this one thing in isolation? It is far more likely he has been sitting on a final warning for some time. Trust me this one time, he is an A Grade pharkwit who has gotten away with worse this year, last year, the year before but things have been able to be silenced. Not this time though. His litany of shameful, stupid acts has finally caught up with him.

Good riddance.

Abolute pshycotic bullshit.
Stop listening to idiots.

Ads

First Grade
Greyson Goodwin hey - wouldn't surprise me if that's a vindictive release of the pic. Think they fell out months back.

Weaponhead

Coach
Why is talent so often wasted on the moronic and undeserving?

The sad part is that Carney will never fulfil his potential. On talent he is 3 times the player Cronk is but will finish up achieving a lot less.

Windy70

Juniors
I have a million things I want to say but most of all it is a question I want to ask.

What is it that we, as fans have done so wrong to deserve an almost constant flow of turmoil, drama, heart ache and disappointment year in year out from a club and a team that we have loved and supported for so many years?

It simply amazes me that year after year and now month to month there is something involving the Sharks that leaves the fans with less hope.

Card Shark

Immortal
I think we may have dodged a bullet.
How many more years of him did we have at 650k ?
He is not the players he was a few years ago.

Getting injured a lot now.

He did win us the game on Friday night, lets not forget that.

Trouble is those games were few & far between.

1 positive Todd, you are only as good as your last game!

Frailty

First Grade
I have no problem with Carney being sacked. He is an idiot, a douchebag, moron, etc. He has had multiple chances and can't help but be a dickhead.

However, I have so many problems with how the club is being run.
- Why is the board making a decision and then telling Rothfield before their own CEO?
- Why did the club not make any public statement until 6pm?
- Why did the board not even wait until Carney faced the board?
- If the reports of Carney being off the rails for a while, what did the club do to help him/reign him in?
- How does purposefully risking the health, wellbeing and livelihoods of the playing group meet the standards, values, and morals of the club? So much so that it lead to extending a contract of a suspended coach for 3 years.

webShark

2 questions

Why did it take over a week before this image was put on social media?

Did Gall know about this when he opened up on Sharpy last week?

Weaponhead

Coach
I have no problem with Carney being sacked. He is an idiot, a douchebag, moron, etc. He has had multiple chances and can't help but be a dickhead.

However, I have so many problems with how the club is being run.
- Why is the board making a decision and then telling Rothfield before their own CEO?
- Why did the club not make any public statement until 6pm?
- Why did the board not even wait until Carney faced the board?
- If the reports of Carney being off the rails for a while, what did the club do to help him/reign him in?
- How does purposefully risking the health, wellbeing and livelihoods of the playing group meet the standards, values, and morals of the club? So much so that it lead to extending a contract of a suspended coach for 3 years.

Those are fair questions. The club does nowhere near enough to engage its own members. They need to work quickly to establish some genuine lines of communication to give the members a sense that they have a clue because all evidence right now is that they don't.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we may have dodged a bullet.
How many more years of him did we have at 650k ?
He is not the players he was a few years ago.

Getting injured a lot now.

Wasn't his contract back ended? Probably saved more than 650k a year.

I'm with you though, his defence has been atrocious all year & conceded more points than he created.

His head nor heart were in it. His communication on the field was abysmal this year, which is disappointing given he had played pretty well & consistently with the Sharks since arriving (prior to this season).

Card Shark

Immortal
Wasn't his contract back ended? Probably saved more than 650k a year.

He still had 3 1/2 years to go, didn't he?

Thank god we don't have to put up with his shit for another few years.

Shame his mentor, is gunna be here for the same length of time.

Last edited: