What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

husky65

Juniors
Dead right phatman.
Keeping Carney may have cost us a $1 million in short term sponsors.
Instead it will cost us tens of mills in lost sponsorship & see us anchored to the bottom 4 for 5-10 years.

Ask someone who runs a major company just how badly they want their product to be associated with people who piss in their own mouths (though perhaps we could have chased Listerene as a major sponsor).

re the tens of millions this has supposedly cost us, feel free to name the companies that have indicated a willingness to sponsor us and have also indicated that they are OK with 'bubbling' but not with sacking Carney.

Carney can be replaced and he will be, trashing the brand by keeping him could make the club untenable in the long term - as a club we have enough problems right now, we don't need him making it worse.

and Phatman, keep in mind, it is Carney, his manager and his idiot mate claiming it was a faked prank, oddly enough Carney spent the better part of the first 24hrs of this fiasco dodging the 'please explain' calls from the club.

If it was just a prank, I'd have thought you'd have wanted to explain right up front. the delay makes me wonder if an agreed story wasn't being put together.

carcharias

Immortal
He had to go .
To suggest otherwise is lunacy.

I am of the opinion Flano probably should go.
I think he is a good coach that was just too green to handle the circus that is the sharks.

As much as I loathe the f**ker , noddy is probably the boring straight arse type of coach needed .

He had to go .
To suggest otherwise is lunacy.

I am of the opinion Flano probably should go.
I think he is a good coach that was just too green to handle the circus that is the sharks.

As much as I loathe the f**ker , noddy is probably the boring straight arse type of coach needed .

Noddy also much better at handling the media

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ask someone who runs a major company just how badly they want their product to be associated with people who piss in their own mouths (though perhaps we could have chased Listerene as a major sponsor)..

The sponsorhip line is a total load of crap. There are sponsors out there willing & able to get on board. We ant get sponsors because we cant win.

warriors-konrad-hurrell.jpeg

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Ask someone who runs a major company just how badly they want their product to be associated with people who piss in their own mouths (though perhaps we could have chased Listerene as a major sponsor).

If it was just a prank, I'd have thought you'd have wanted to explain right up front. the delay makes me wonder if an agreed story wasn't being put together.

I honestly don't care if he pizzed in his own mouth or not, I didn't have to taste it.

The point is the club could have said it was a bad joke gone wrong, he knows he screwed up, we don't tolerate it, he is stood down for 6 months without pay. Even with his previous track record Carney has been, in recent times, a very marketable NRL player. People have short memories. No-one cared that he pizzed on a bloke 6 years ago, and that would have been a harsh enough punishment for the media in the short term.

Next year Todd comes back, the sharks actually have a shot at winning the comp (or at least making the finals) and everyone takes the pizz outta Todd for a few weeks. Hoppa played again after he stuck his fingers up peoples dates, don't think it hurt Manly getting sponsors. We don't even have a fargen sponsor atm anyway so how it makes us less attractive than we are now I don't know.

Now we are consigning ourselves to mediocrity for the foreseeable future, I'd rather win a GF lead by a bloke who drank his own pizz than see the sharks finish 14th every year with a bunch of nice guys playing for us.

Sharkman

Juniors
The sponsorhip line is a total load of crap. There are sponsors out there willing & able to get on board. We ant get sponsors because we cant win.

So it that the weak as pizz karrrnttt local shire fans that you keep referring to fault?

Or is the fault of the pizzz weak karrnts on the board that you hate so much? Is it there fault for lining up the sponsors and not being able to close the deal?

Please, please, tell me which companies are willing and able to get on board, whose only reluctance is that we haven't won this season.

And where were they in 2012 off season, last season, the off season and at the start of the season when hopes were high? Or is this only a recent phenomenon?

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
A wierd fetish act? Fork me dead, the bloke played a prank with some mates where he pretended to piss in his own mouth.

He wasnt pretending, didnt you see how open his mouth was - it was ready, willing & able!

& even if it wasnt deliberate, what fool would try & miss.

Ya just wouldn't risk the chance you might get a drop in the mouth.

husky65

Juniors

warriors-konrad-hurrell.jpeg

Not seeing that list of sponsors that were ready to leap on board Reefy.

It looks to me like you are waffling shyte.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Not seeing that list of sponsors that were ready to leap on board Reefy.

It looks to me like you are waffling shyte.

Find me a religion. Ill ring and ask. Im sure all the PC do-gooders on here will be ecstatic to have the christian democrats on-board!!!
Kumbaya!!!

Quigs

Immortal
The Member for Cook, good old Scotty Morris-scum is a happy clapping Christian.

He is a good Samaritan. I think he is a good mate of Reefy-son. (and Popper, and Sureles)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I agre. Its a polarising place. However, the menatality of the area is very strong christian beliefs. An underlying redneck attitude of superiority & smug supremism. Very judgemental in the over 55's.
They tsk tsk at everything. EVERYTHING!!

carcharias

Immortal
There's a photo of him pissing into his own mouth
It's all over the Internet and media.

Pissing into his own mouth.

Urine

Mouth

Both his

Photo if it

On the news