What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

Feej

First Grade
biblebeltbig.jpg

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dont put words in my mouth dope.
I said there are sponsors lining up for league. You know, the so called damaged code you god botherers keep bangin on about.
5 Sdyeny clubs have had a choice of Sponsors. WE cant get one, is my point. Whilst ASADA is an issue, it is not the only thing that keeps sponsors away from us.
lack of success, rubbish demographic, disengaged out of shire fans, & most importantly no free to air TV.
FTA comes with winning.

bahahahahaha, reefy you kill me sometimes.

chewsta

First Grade
It's all over the news. the NRL will de-register him for bringing the game into disrepute. His career in the NRL is over.

shaggs

Coach
Here is the tip. The fortnight leading up to donkey's game was the only part of the season where carney looked after himself. The rest of the season was a write off. Hence why he looked fat and unfit. Also why he played like he a split pea for a heart.

Carney's thing was always speed and explosive acceleration. He had none of that his year. When he feels confident and fit he passes and kicks well. His best games are always when he kicks a 40/20 or something to start.

Great player when on, great bloke off the field. However he didn't deliver at all this season and had used all his warnings.
Sucks to be a shark supporter, but he had to go.

shaggs

Coach
Not noyce. I don't know him. I know others.

I like carney. I like that he played some superb games for us. But if he wasn't sacked this season it would have been next. He doesn't have a filter.

Why do you think we tried so hard for benji??

Gallen also mentioned the warnings.

As I mentioned in a previous post Gallen also mentioned the Integrity Commission in the interview.
I, like Reefy (shame on me) agree that the NRL have had an influence on this decision but I honestly can not see how the club could have done anything else.

ratsack2

Juniors
For the record Reefy, I am a God botherer, and I think this is a joke, sacking Carney that is, friends of mine, he is a Pastor and his wife is Lauren Eagles God mother, well they had them over for dinner when they were together and they said Todd was a nice person and very humble, I just think he can't handle the piss (no pun intended) I also go stupid when I have had too many, so I stay away from the drink altogether, and I am not against anyone having a drink either

Surrogate

Juniors
sponsers, what sponsers?

You just need to find the right sponsors (excluding Ashley Maddison)

There are sponsors who will stick by the club. During the salary cap fiasco, the piss weak ones that are two faced f**kked off. ( cryptic: A certain bank about themselves)I'm less inclined to do business with them.

The ones with good character and a long term view stuck by, including Suzuki and Jayco.

Once you start winning and ASADA f**ks off, they will all flock back. At the moment, ASADa are scariing them away for you guys. (Flano is largely responsible)

Last edited:

ratsack2

Juniors
not offended in the slightest Reefster, takes more than that to ruffle my feathers lol. but I do hear what your saying and I agree on pretty much all of it, I am a real person and enjoy a night at the pub and a few ciders as much as the next bloke but I also like going to church as well, but I don't judge others if they don't,

ratsack2

Juniors
the real injustice is that there are wife bashers and sexual offenders and drug traffickers still allowed to play but piss on yourself and you get crucified for it.

Madsharkie

First Grade
the real injustice is that there are wife bashers and sexual offenders and drug traffickers still allowed to play but piss on yourself and you get crucified for it.

That is an injustice rsatsack. I think in Carney's case the prior offences are what has hurt him more. This was simply another straw that broke the camels back (as others have stated).

husky65

Juniors
No he didn't He said he is not privvy to if there were are any other warnings. Try listening more carefully.

Try reading more carefully as well.

"Gallen indicated he had been informed by club officials that Carney was on his last chance with the Sharks before his latest scandal."

"I'm not privileged to all the information about Todd's contract and about what else has happened in the past, this year and previous years... so from all reports the club was left with little choice and the NRL would have come over the top anyway."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/carney-had-to-go-from-sharks-gallen-20140701-3b5g5.html

So Gallen knew Carney was already on his last chance with the club (why do you think that is Reefy?) and Gallen also said he was not privy to ALL of the info re Carneys past at the club, which means that he certainly was privy to some of it.

Perhaps, Reefy, rather than lashing out like a child when you are wrong, you might want to do some reading first?

and re that list of sponsors, I can keep cutting and pasting your quote as long as you like Reefy - "Instead it will cost us tens of mills in lost sponsorship & see us anchored to the bottom 4 for 5-10 years."

So, name the sponsors.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
"Gallen indicated
he had been informed by club officials that Carney was on his last chance Really? Says who?
with the Sharks before his latest scandal."

"I'm not privileged to all the information about Todd's contract Says it all here
and about what else has happened in the past,
this year and previous years... so from all reports reports being papers
the club was left with little choice and the NRL would have come over the top anyway."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/carney-had-to-go-from-sharks-gallen-20140701-3b5g5.html

how the fucjjjk are u coming to that assumption?Are you crazy? Let stick with this for a minute. I also assume you read the article by Rothfield entitled Gallen says time to move on Todd.

If you cant see this Rothfield completely changing waht everybody says, in all News ltd articles, you are a fool.