What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

mullet

Juniors
He is somewhat of victim of the club he plays for. And the word 'victim' is used for lack of a better word.

The sharks are the most unattractive and tarnished club in Australian sport who can not attract commercial partners or sponsors.

They stand by him they risk loosing the small sponsors they have.

All of the above mixed with his past indrescretions they have no choice.

If he played for another club it would be a different story.

Or this incident has just given the sharks cause to finally sack him.............. :nwave:

carinashark

First Grade
This stupid. Why wasn't he just suspended , stood down? What are we doing? Someone else took the picture. Will we never learn from Buster.? I go away for the weekend and we beat the Broncos up in Bronco land and sack Todddy. Shouldaar stayed home.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He's been out of control all year. The club have done well to keep him out of the media.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Just heard Buzz interviewed on Pox. Frenz is spot on. The play at Benji was in case TC fugg ups got out in the open. Ive been supporting him on this forum. Feel like the idiot he has played supporters like me for.

husky65

Juniors
It depends on why we are sacking him (assuming we are), if they have come to the conclusion that the combination of his dodgy hamstring and his off field issues have made him a liability and this is a cheap chance to offload him, at a time when it won't make much difference to our season - then go for it.

However, if it is media driven, bad idea - fine him, put him in counselling and tell him to discover jesus, now play on.

Frailty

First Grade
What are the benefits of sacking him, as opposed to other options?

Yes it clears up 600k... But who would we really spend that on?

Club is broken, and run by twats.

roboshark

Coach
I must admit for the first time in 40 years I think I'm done. I think I'm done completely with this club

Card Shark

Immortal
All things considered (continued off-field antics, his salary, loss of sponsors & his susceptability to injury), a wise business decision.

The stupid merkin gave the board no choice!!

Quigs

Immortal
I just love this ride called Cronulla.

Youse just don't know what is going to happen next.

It's a magical mystery tour.

Quigs

Immortal
We should get our combined heads together and make a timeline of fun things that have happened to our club and players since 1967.

It would be a real fantastic read.

Latest posts