What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

As soon as the siren went against the broncs ,my mind turned to imagining just what the inevitable Cronullification of a great win would be .None of my guesses proved correct (at least not yet) and I did expect to savour the victory at least till Monday.

Frailty

First Grade
All things considered (continued off-field antics, his salary, loss of sponsors & his susceptability to injury), a wise business decision.

The stupid merkin gave the board no choice!!

It is not really a wise business decision.
  • Which sponsors are at risk of leaving because of this incident?
  • What sponsors will we get sitting at the bottom of a ladder with no playmaker to lead us to win games?
  • Freeing his salary cap offers us very little, with not much on the market, and the fact that no one wants to come here
  • What has the club done to help him with is off-field issues? You know other clubs act when their players are going off the rails a bit
  • Susceptability to injury is a bit of a myth. Proper S&C and Rehab programs need to be introduced.

Honestly, I'm tired of the club getting f**ked around, and doing NOTHING to prevent it or failing to be proactive with it.

This story has been out for how long and still no official statement from the club.

wibble

Bench
[youtube]RB1TVhvxSAw[/youtube]

Cool, I used to have this on tape! Hard to disagree with the sentiment, we are indeed, all of us imbeciles.

Mike Batt, and the Sharks, I have refined tastes.

Maybe we could get Mike Batt to write a musical about our mythical quest for an elusive and possibly imaginary beast (a sponsor? a premiership? a decent half with a brain?).

We could call it "The Hunting Of the Shark"

Ads

First Grade
Suspend him for the season. Work on his issues and get him fit for next year. He's such a good guy when he's not on the piss.

Since 73

First Grade
Same as posted.

The precedent has been set.

Barba and greenberg showed - ANYTHING goes.

Quigs

Immortal
Give me 600 grand a year at Toddys age and give me the rest of the year off and I will make Tod look like a mormon.

The Popper

Bench
Channel 9's reporter said she had just spoken to Steve Noyce who said that Carney has NOT been sacked as yet and that the Club is currently deliberating the issue.
I would think that Carney should placed in Rehab and attend Alcoholics Anonymous.

carcharias

Immortal
Sack the f**ken little prick.

The shit I have copped as a sharks fan today makes me want to belt the merkin.

Ey carney pack your bags and get the hell out of the shire too.

Why would we want this piece of shit in our team?

He has no respect for us .
Hope gal beats the shit out of him.

Jaegerex

Juniors
We should get our combined heads together and make a timeline of fun things that have happened to our club and players since 1967.

It would be a real fantastic read.

Could help some of us realise what we missed out on not being born that long ago, and maybe someday save some poor kiddies from jumping on the bandwagon because their favourite player plays for us and thus scarring them for life.

Marchad

Juniors
What pisses me off as supporter and a member the club has not informed us of the Todd Carney situation it has just been the media.

Quigs

Immortal
There is always the NRL sanctioned Rehab Clinics.

rehab-1.jpg