What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

cb4

First Grade
Maybe CB was Todd??

Hasn't been seen since his alias p'd in his own mouth.

I'm still around buddy. Just flat out with work.

I have been privy to a bit of information re: Todd, and I for one am glad he is gone.

I can also let you know, the NRL are keeping a watchful eye over Todd's appeal. If he lodges it, the NRL will be backing us hard, and will also ask Cronulla to air all his dirty laundry.

And there is a long list of it.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
That's good news. No need to start the whole debate again, but it's good to know we have support where it matters on this one.

Vin Fizz

Bench
I read in the Canberra Times that the Mucus had "apparenlty" made a huge offer to Toddy to up stumps and go back to Canberra. This was all done before the pizzing photo but they seem to allude that maybe they might still be keen. Id be orff to Le Blu if i were in his shoes. The froggs will love him. He can shack up with Eric Cantaner!

Card Shark

Immortal

I have been privy to a bit of information re: Todd, and I for one am glad he is gone.

I can also let you know, the NRL are keeping a watchful eye over Todd's appeal. If he lodges it, the NRL will be backing us hard, and will also ask Cronulla to air all his dirty laundry.

Glad you're still here & glad we have that ammo in our back pocket.

If he proceeds to take us to court, hope it blows up in his face.

Bluto

Juniors
Glad you're still here & glad we have that ammo in our back pocket.

If he proceeds to take us to court, hope it blows up in his face.

Yes and no. The club has shown they will not accept bad behaviour and have been praised for it. Even got a sponsor from it (apparently). To then come out and say "yeah but the stuff we covered up was even worse" does our credibility no good.

Eion

First Grade

If 1/10th of the stuff I have heard from pretty reliable sources is true, then it is a long list and Carney was on self destruct mode. Rissoling him was only a matter of time.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
So who will be called to provide first hand accounts of Carneys alleged behaviour?

I mean it's one thing to claim there is a long list of behavioural issues ( lets not forget there is nothing of a criminal nature ) but where is the evidence?

Card Shark

Immortal
If there is documentation warning him & evidence of meetings for the same, he won't have a leg to stand on.

husky65

Juniors
Yes and no. The club has shown they will not accept bad behaviour and have been praised for it. Even got a sponsor from it (apparently). To then come out and say "yeah but the stuff we covered up was even worse" does our credibility no good.

That depends on how we play it, taking a "we took on board and showed loyalty to a troubled player until he finally convinced us that he was unwilling to change" type line would do us no harm.

Omnishark2

Juniors

Thanks a lot for the inside info CB4.

I don't think this will surprise anyone ... Carney's appeal has a snowflake's chance in hell of getting him back in the NRL ... he should just slink away quietly to France and bubble away there.

husky65

Juniors
Thanks a lot for the inside info CB4.

I don't think this will surprise anyone ... Carney's appeal has a snowflake's chance in hell of getting him back in the NRL ... he should just slink away quietly to France and bubble away there.

IMO Carney could do himself a favour on a few fronts if he simply made a statement along the lines of "whilst I object to the procedural irregularities in my dismissal, at the end of the day there is nobody to blame for it but myself and I have decided to accept that and concentrate my energies on dealing with my own issues rather than pursue legal action".

It would at least make it sound like he was trying to sort himself out, had grown up a bit and would keep his dirty laundry firmly locked away.

Latest posts