What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney signs with sharks

edabomb

First Grade
How anyone can fault the Sharks for taking a punt on Carney is beyond me. Beats being resigned to a finish between 12th and 15th as per usual.

DJShaksta

First Grade
:lol: Bitter? You're more than welcome to him, we might find out very soon if your management has any ticker should Toddy stuff up yet again.

Once again questioning the strictest club in the NRL when it comes to player behaviour.
Seymour
Bird
Latu
Watts

Need I go on?

Slackboy72

Coach
How anyone can fault the Sharks for taking a punt on Carney is beyond me. Beats being resigned to a finish between 12th and 15th as per usual.

Yeah no doubt.
But $350k? That's a lot of coin for someone who really has nowhere else to go.
I personally hope it goes well and that the sharks make the 8 just edging out 50uff$ so we can all have a good lol.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Giving the Sharks fans' mentality and the way they glorify their stars it will be pretty entertaining to see what type of Carney fanboydum goes one should he perform to his potential.

Goddo

Bench
Well worth the risk for Cronulla.

I'd guess the contract is heavily back ended?

Something like $200k first year, and if you keep your sh!t together $550k in 2013 (new TV deal year).

so whats your point then?

he was dismissed from the club, then found not guilty.

and then lucky goldstar and pkf f**ked off annyway cos some coat whinged about something that happened 8 years previously.

should have kept the bird.

shaggs

Coach
Too get the full amount he has too stay out of trouble. I got told his contract has more conditions than has been registered before.
At least 250 is good behavior bonuses. Plus the fines for stuffing up are allegedly huge.

Could be a great signing!

One day Todd Carney might turn it around. All it takes is one moment of introspection. I know from personal experience. And if he does turn it around, he has the talent to excel.

And I really hope he does turn it around.

I really do.

But I have the feeling he isn't the sort of guy who sits down and introspects. Just a hunch!

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol, does it irk anyone else slightly that a simpleton like Carney can f**k up a thousand times yet still earn hundreds of thousands a year?

roboshark

Coach
ive seen it plenty of times in my profession...someone with talent has a blind eye turned to misdemeanours...because it produces results

until the issue become too big too ignore...then they are out on their arse

not saying it is correct but does happen

perverse

Referee
it doesn't bother me... hell i don't really feel he has done too much "wrong" in quite a while, regardless. he is weak of character, certainly. also a brilliant player that i enjoy watching. i wish him well at the sharks, i'm glad their recruitment is going/has gone well for 2012.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They were literally bidding against themselves. No other club was interested (ignore what his agent said...that's his job). When you're the only team after him, even if the 700k figure is exaggerated (wouldn't surprise me if it's real) why pay any more than 100k a year?

And people talk about him not doing too much wrong lately? True, but he hasn't played well since 2010. And he would be flat out to have a combined 1 season of top level performances across his career.