What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney signs with sharks

Perth Red

Post Whore
and clubs claim they are going broke yet they are willing to spend $350k on a player of Carneys calibre. Ho hum, we need a thread betting on what round Carney gets suspended first.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
lol, does it irk anyone else slightly that a simpleton like Carney can f**k up a thousand times yet still earn hundreds of thousands a year?

helps not to think about it. about as mind boggling as aaron tomato getting sacked from 6 clubs yet still having somewhere to go. One of those things in life where unfortunately people with talent are treated as better than the rest of us simpletons who stay out of trouble.

fwiw i think he'll stay out of trouble for a year before imploding

adamkungl

Immortal
And this is why expanding to an 18 team comp is a silly idea. The fact that Carney can still get a run says to me we don't have enough talent for 16 teams let alone 18.

:lol: Carney is one of the most talented players in the comp

Slackboy72

Coach
Talent is the wrong word. Not enough "quality" for 16 teams

Well obviously I'm implying talent means quality.
The only reason that we won the comp is we didn't send any dregs onto the field like other teams were forced to.
This year we were forced to call up Reece Simmonds and look what happened. We were beaten by the Titans.
The moment teams don't have to field sub-standard players in NRL is the moment we can start talking about expansion.

Ulysseus

Bench
If they think it will work out then best of luck to both parties.
Personally, I was against him coming to Saints mainly because he has this annoying habit of not only destroying himself but taking a few others and the rep of the club down the gurgler with him.
Given that he isn't a real alcoholic and is simply just a real f**kwit its nothing that can't be undone, and considering this must surely be the last roll of that fabled dice we keep hearing about then it must also be in the back, front, middle and sides of his mind that he shouldn't f**k this chance up.
He has been given big money for 2 years services, if he goes gangbusters then he could make the remainder of his career a good pay day, if he goes to shit and fights a hat stand whilst pissing in a phone booth then its good night.

Ulysseus

Bench
On Moltzen, what can I say - Benji's unit must be a beatiful place, considering he is on Cuthbo coin for the Tigers and will wave goodbye to at least 140K when he doesn't come to Saints.
If the Tigers give him one solitary dollar over his current contract price in 2012, they need to be raped hard.
Although given they've spent the bank on Blair, they'd hardly be in a position to do so, unless Moltz is about to become a partner in Tiger Tiger...........

kmav23

Juniors
Great signing by the sharks.... maybe he can afford to buy some long pants now

446498-todd-carney-courthouse-hotel.jpg

kmav23

Juniors
Carney to his manager..play for sharks now way make some crazy demands

"Send this photo mms to Sharks...they will sign me for sure"

"tell them i want 700k and allowed to drink "

Todd-Carney-uncensored.jpg

Spitty

Juniors
Firstly, surely we're all smart enough to know that the $$ figure that a newspaper claims a player is on, is 90% of the time highly inaccurate. So please don't criticise the Sharks for spending too much on Carney when none of us know how much the Sharks are spending.

Plus, even if the figure is accurate none of us know how much competition there was for his signature so don't know what his market value is. Just because the telecrap says no ones interested, do we all automatically believe them? Just because a CEO says they aren't intested. How many time have we seen a CEO distance themselves from a potential player purchase only to sign he player a week later? Hell a month ago the Sharks said they weren't interested in Carney.

Good on the Sharks. Without him they were long odd for the top 8. With him it could go either way. If Carney goes off the rails, they're no worse off than if they didn't buy him.

kmav23

Juniors
Firstly, surely we're all smart enough to know that the $$ figure that a newspaper claims a player is on, is 90% of the time highly inaccurate. So please don't criticise the Sharks for spending too much on Carney when none of us know how much the Sharks are spending.

Plus, even if the figure is accurate none of us know how much competition there was for his signature so don't know what his market value is. Just because the telecrap says no ones interested, do we all automatically believe them? Just because a CEO says they aren't intested. How many time have we seen a CEO distance themselves from a potential player purchase only to sign he player a week later? Hell a month ago the Sharks said they weren't interested in Carney.

Good on the Sharks. Without him they were long odd for the top 8. With him it could go either way. If Carney goes off the rails, they're no worse off than if they didn't buy him.

If Carney goes off the rails.... Bye Bye sponsors....

Fingerbang

Bench
bring on the local derby!!!!!!!

time to start packin shit Dragons fans..
Something tells me, you are going to be a little down if Carney doesn't get that win for you. And even if he does, can he also help you get the other 12 or 13 wins you are going to need to see some September action.

For the record, I hope he does. I am not a Dragons fan who despises the Sharks ( I save that for the Roosters). And I even lost a little money on backing the Sharks for the top 8 at the start of season 2011. I may just try to recover my losses next season, but the odds are certainly not going to be as juicy as they were this season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a good thing Gallen had a baby last year, because he'll be doing a lot of babysitting over the next 2 years

Latest posts