What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney signs with sharks

Ausguy

Coach
If that happens....could it also be the final straw for the Sharks presence in Sydney?

Dragons could once again reclaim our rightful territory. :sarcasm:

Come March unless the development is approved it wont matter if Todd rapes 8 women and kills a further 14 next year.

There is a lot of bitter people in here about it all, dont get bitter get better.

BigBadWilly

Juniors
No way he is getting 350k a season cant see it, more like 200k plus incentives 50k stay clean make the eight another 50k play all games another 50k etc.

I think its a good buy for the sharks just wish my club had a decent go for him we could really do with him as for the roosters lol morts is not a replacement for a fit Carney any day.

BM1979

Juniors
I think it's worth the risk for the Sharks,it's not as if he went of the rails with his behaviour at the Roosters , He is the type of player the sharks need .Talent wise anyway

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Come March unless the development is approved it wont matter if Todd rapes 8 women and kills a further 14 next year.

There is a lot of bitter people in here about it all, dont get bitter get better.

Thanks Richie.

LITTLE BILL, LITTLE BILL, LITTLE BILL!

Mouse back in the house!

DoggiesBro

Juniors
i'd of loved the dogs to sign carney on a deal like this he would of been on strict rules and is 10 x the 5/8 we have. in saying that good signing for the sharkies aslong as he can keep his head down. with gallen there to drag him i think he will go alright there and i expect a good season for the sharkies personally.

only thing they really lack is a quality centre.

simostorm

Bench
350k..

say he gets a nice beach party house that he pays 1000 a week rent.. thats 52k right there..
Bills for the year.. electricity, water, food, phone bill, punting, petrol.. 50k
Taxi's home from the pub for the year..8k
Fines.. parking, police, court costs. etc etc.. 150k

thats 260k right their.. leaving him only 90k to spend on alcohol..

depending what he drinks.. highend drink.. about 24 bucks or more.. down to a 3 dollar pot.. say.. we go at average about 11 bucks a drink..

thats 8181 drinks a year.. That ONLY gunna get him 22 a day.. which is why 350k isnt really enough money for him.

hmm.. to be honest.. i dont think he's making enough money to live the type of lifestyle that he wants.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
We will never get to know if :alcho:carney goes off the rails again while at the sharkies,slothfeild and co will make sure of that. :-$:-#:-#

I don't know where this protected species bullshit has come from. Rothfield gives it to us in spades. He might be a sharks fan but he isn't a sharks supporter.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The evening news report on Channel 9 just said it is $750K over three years.

FMD - most dragons fans were spurting sauce last week when the media said the drags approached him.
Not me, I didn't want Carney anywhere near us. And FTR, the Dragons club said in a media release that they had no interest whatsoever in Carney.
DJShaksta said:
Now cos he's a shark he's crap.
Don't take it to heart.

DJShaksta said:
Bunch of weak caaaarrrrnts.
Good luck to Carney and the Sharks in 2012. Carney needed a lifeline and it seems there was only one club interested in the end. I hope he gets paid.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
350k..

say he gets a nice beach party house that he pays 1000 a week rent.. thats 52k right there..
Bills for the year.. electricity, water, food, phone bill, punting, petrol.. 50k
Taxi's home from the pub for the year..8k
Fines.. parking, police, court costs. etc etc.. 150k

thats 260k right their.. leaving him only 90k to spend on alcohol..

depending what he drinks.. highend drink.. about 24 bucks or more.. down to a 3 dollar pot.. say.. we go at average about 11 bucks a drink..

thats 8181 drinks a year.. That ONLY gunna get him 22 a day.. which is why 350k isnt really enough money for him.

hmm.. to be honest.. i dont think he's making enough money to live the type of lifestyle that he wants.

Provided he shows up to training, trains well. Plays well, I dont give a flying f**k what he does in his spare time.

GongPanther

Referee
Haters gonna hate.

I simply don't really get the hating for a bloke that has his short coming albeit frequent as they are.

Are these the same people that would give up on someone that would be their close relative?

Probably not and I suppose that is not the point.

The point is that you give someone the chance to redeem them selves no matter how long it takes.

HE is after all...human...a person.

And maybe we should have been this generous to other past players that have fallen on the wayside instead of throwing them off on the heap like its someone elses problem.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
lol, does it irk anyone else slightly that a simpleton like Carney can f**k up a thousand times yet still earn hundreds of thousands a year?

Yes, especially when there are good hard working cops out there like Bunniesman, locking people like Carney up for a measly $50k..

and clubs claim they are going broke yet they are willing to spend $350k on a player of Carneys calibre. Ho hum, we need a thread betting on what round Carney gets suspended first.

C'mon don't be sour.

There is a chance you might have a team in the NRL in 4 years time.

Latest posts