What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars that only tossers drive?

RB30DETT

Juniors
There is a blue camry that gets around my area, it has a full body kit, and it even has the orange bobble on the antenna so you dont lose the car in a shopping centre.

Oh, and the owner has to be in his 60's too.

Jimbo

Immortal
Tupac Shakur said:
A - Toyota Corolla 89' (my first car)
B - Wouldn't have a clue got it for Christmas
C - Um...no.

Did i pass?

How much chrome/neon have you got on it?

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
None. Neon lights look so gay on cars that are shit, like mine lol. I wouldn't even bother, only if i had a sick car like off Fast And Furious. I'm not really a fan of neon lights.

No chrome at this stage. :D

The Colonel

Immortal
An41 said:
who else has noticed the latest "trend" of putting a HSV body kits onto a stock executive.

society is getting dumber.

You forgot the one section at a time as that is all they can afford. Generally painted in undercoat or the colour of the car they originally came off. Eventually they will get around to painting it once they can afford that.

Jimbo

Immortal
Tupac Shakur said:
None. Neon lights look so gay on cars that are sh*t, like mine lol. I wouldn't even bother, only if i had a sick car like off Fast And Furious. I'm not really a fan of neon lights.

My brother-in-law passed a crash between two Mediterranean Descendants on the F3 once. It was early evening, and there was so much neon on the road it was lit up like an airfield...

The most sickening thing I've ever seen was at Pennant Hills pub a few years ago. This 'bloke' had a black Civic with chrome wheels, the wanker dials stuck on the bonnet, bucket sized exhaust, etc. He also had strips of fluro purple neon along the sides from the front wheel to the back, which flashed on and off with the blinkers.

I nearly threw up

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
It's their choice i reckon, Mediterranean Descendants normally love their cars :D

If you have a quality car i have nothing against Chrome Wheels.

Knightmare

Coach
Rusty said:
done up torana's :evil:

:roll: Yeah, why would any normal person want to do up a make of car that had so much sucess at Bathurst in the '70s as a racing car, when they could be totally cool and buy a Hyundai Excel and throw a huge spoiler on the back with an aero kit and a sports muffler and a huge sub-woofer you can hear from a mile away? Now THAT's class.... :roll:

Big Mick

Referee
Knightmare said:
Rusty said:
done up torana's :evil:

:roll: Yeah, why would any normal person want to do up a make of car that had so much sucess at Bathurst in the '70s as a racing car, when they could be totally cool and buy a Hyundai Excel and throw a huge spoiler on the back with an aero kit and a sports muffler and a huge sub-woofer you can hear from a mile away? Now THAT's class.... :roll:

I concur.

Knightmare

Coach
Red V said:
ucantseeme said:
strange there would be any road rage at all since most people seem to have nowhere to go, just driving because...

what really says wanker is when you see someone driving a porsche or top end mercedes with P-plates on the back, or even worse L-plates. I read in yesterdays newspaper that Mark Philipousis's new girlfriend used to drive a late model yellow porsche to high school. Keep in mind she is still only 17 now!!! I think in the US you can start driving when you are 15, so imagine you are sitting there waiting for the school bus and one of your classmates zooms passed in a yellow porsche.

I'd be spewin' big time!!! :x
I think that sort of mentality is not right, some families only have the Mercs, Lexus, Audi's, BMW's or Porches etc as cars, so thats all the P/L plater can drive.....I certainly don't think it makes them a wanker if thats what you are implying.

True that, I didn't buy my first car until last year, and before that all I had to drive was my Mum's car- which happened to be a 1979 Merc. Driving round with my P's on, I must have looked like the biggest yuppie! My mates said it looked like a "gangster car" :lol:

hrundi99

First Grade
IanRitchie said:
Same goes for cars with good speakers and subwoofers and/or a sports exhaust.

If its a modification, then this is the ultimate sign of wanker.

Plenty of people fit factory or after-market exhaust systems to their cars because they improve performance, not necessarily for the sound they make.

hrundi99

First Grade
Kid said:
NPK said:
Another sign of a wanker is someone whose arm is hanging out the car window while the car is moving.
You see it all the time..sometimes there is a ciggie in their hand, but most times it's just hanging there. WTF?
WTF is wrong with having your arm hanging out the window? As long as it isn't dropping the ciggie or rubbish what bother is it to anyone else?

Some wanker side swipes you and you lose your arm.

Cool!

:?

hrundi99

First Grade
1. BMW drivers are ALL wankers.

You can be a fantastic person but as soon as the dealer hands over the keys, you're a wanker.

2. The dials outside the window trick UNLESS you get on the strip at Eastern Creek, etc.

I've just come back from a trip around Tasmania in which I drove around 3,000km in my XT Forester, and let me tell you that if my wife would allow me to have sex with it, I'd figure out a way.

It's a great car. It loved the twisties, the gravel/dirt roads, and overtaking the logging trucks with ease. It has plenty of room for the family and it does 0-100 in 6.8 seconds (auto).

WRXs are also great cars (ask Cody Crocker, Petr Solberg, etc) but yes, they do tend to attract some wankers.

Rusty

Juniors
Yeah, why would any normal person want to do up a make of car that had so much sucess at Bathurst in the '70s

Yeah I agree in the 70's.

when they could be totally cool and buy a Hyundai Excel and throw a huge spoiler on the back with an aero kit and a sports muffler and a huge sub-woofer you can hear from a mile away? Now THAT's class....

Thats not being classy thats being a tosser :lol: :lol:

Jimbo

Immortal
Correct!! That's ten points and three bonus questions to you...

If anyone is looking for a car that will go up in value, get a GTR. With all the dickhead P-platers out there trying to break the sound barrier, there'll be none left in a couple of years

Knightmare

Coach
Rusty said:
Yeah, why would any normal person want to do up a make of car that had so much sucess at Bathurst in the '70s

Yeah I agree in the 70's.

And so maybe the reason people do them up is for nostalgia's sake.

when they could be totally cool and buy a Hyundai Excel and throw a huge spoiler on the back with an aero kit and a sports muffler and a huge sub-woofer you can hear from a mile away? Now THAT's class....

Thats not being classy thats being a tosser :lol: :lol:

It's good to see you like sarcasm.

Latest posts