What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless and Vella to play Melbourne

mighty eel

Juniors
What a line up this is going to be now :

1 Mckinnon
2 Hayne
3 O'Dwyer
4 B.Smith
5 Grothe
6 Morris
7 T.Smith
8 Cayless
9 Riddell
10 Robinson
11 Hindmarsh
12 Wagon
13 Morrison

14 Marsh
15 Widders
16 Cordoba
17 Vella

eelsrocks

Juniors
best new heard all week. I am a lot more confident about our chance now. Just a little worried about cayless's eye. Do u think he is alowed to wear some kind of protenction for that?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
great news we're a much better chance to beat melbourne now.there's no pressure on us all the pressure's on them i really think we can give this game a shake. melbournes record in finals footy hasn't been real flash the last few years.

mickdo

Coach
He has been such a huge loss. Our defence is what had been winning us all those games during the 9 in a row, and it was no coincidence that after he went off with the eye injury we have conceded an average of 24 points per game (including the Roosters game), compared to only 11 for the previous 8 games!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
There is a god. JT has realised his mistake and pushed Caylo to come back.

I doubt JT has pushed Caylo to come back, if Caylo was not medically able to play then JT couldn't have pushed him, and if he is going to now be OK then no-one would be pushing themselves more than Caylo to get back on the field

Angry_eel

First Grade
Hellsy said:
I doubt JT has pushed Caylo to come back, if Caylo was not medically able to play then JT couldn't have pushed him, and if he is going to now be OK then no-one would be pushing themselves more than Caylo to get back on the field
True that but will certainly help us if he does play. he was what we have been missing for the last 2 weeks.

Hellsy

Immortal
Of course it will help us!
I just think that your statement of JT has realised his mistake and pushed Caylo to come back is incorrect. Caylo would be busting his arse to get back into the team

cardinal

Juniors
I said no one should doubt caylos toughness if their was one bloke to come back early it was going to be him

Fathead

Bench
Having Cayless back will assist with confidence
Having Vella back will probably not help at all.

Anyone thinking that the return of these will make a whole lotta difference is kidding themselves.

The Eels team has to get back to what was working for them when they were winning and that is playing ad lib off the cuff football.

They asked no questions in attack of both the Broncos and Cowboys.

The Tigers played off the cuff throw the ball around football last year and they went all right ... nothing much has changed.

mickdo

Coach
Fathead said:
The Eels team has to get back to what was working for them when they were winning and that is playing ad lib off the cuff football.

They asked no questions in attack of both the Broncos and Cowboys.
Since Cayless went down, our bench has had two backs in it, and so our forwards were then asked to do too much of the defensive work, having nothing left to make any ground with the football.