What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For someone who considers themselves a supporter of RL in this country, it's a shame you are ready to discard history. Do we wipe the entire history books because some kids under the age of 16/18 dont care about the past ?

Tired old grudges = tradition & rivalry.

The North Sydney Bears history should be celebrated. I see that as their biggest strength, I suppose that's natural for someone who appreciates our games history.

No one is wiping the bears history.

I agree, the North Sydney Bears history should be celebrated, particularly the 2 premierships in 91 years.

Here is some more history you might appreciate - times change and teams fall by the wayside.

flippikat

Bench
If the Bears are admitted, and are a success - their example along with St George Illawarra might encourage some other Sydney clubs to merge or at least consider a regional model that expands their supporter base and sponsorship opportunities to keep pace.

No one is wiping the bears history.

I agree, the North Sydney Bears history should be celebrated, particularly the 2 premierships in 91 years.

Here is some more history you might appreciate - times change and teams fall by the wayside.

It's not about nor has it ever been about premierships under the norths banner. The historical links with norths have and always will be about the supporters and fans. The multiple generational families who grew up with the bears. And be it 10, 15, 20 years since the bears played nrl, you are a deadset fool if you think that type of generational support will die over in a few short years. You clearly have little clue about the central coast bears bid even with all the info supplied. You choose to ignore the facts, the hardwork or community/corporate support. Fair enough that's your choice. But who are you to say that people stopped supporting the Bears? I know for a fact how many supporters we have. I know the CCBears have the potential to be a community super club and I know for a fact that's what we're aiming for. We've ticked all the boxes and we have done it with our backs against the wall.

As a ccbears members, fan and more importantly a rugby league fan, the bears have done me proud. It's commitment like they have shown, the community engagement they are doing and the visions they have in place that our game grew around. Anything less and it's just a quick job for quick cash like others are.

clarency

Juniors
Yeah, that worked so well last time :sarcasm:

ah say no more

No it wouldn't, why would we want to lose a club with as much history? With that much fans? With that much player pulling power?

These last few statements undermine your support of the game altogether.

Point out the last time that happened and provide me with evidence that 0 of their supporters moved on to support a different club. Otherwise you're just talking guff.

You should read my earlier posts (although they maybe on a different thread). My loyalty lays with the NRL, not with the clubs. History means 0 to me. If that can be converted to members and financial support then hoorah!!! Manly are in no greater position than anyone else, and play in one of the worst "stadiums" in the NRL. There's a reason why we refer to it as Brookvale oval still, while all other stadiums have their name changed for sponsorship purposes.

Although I still take it back. Their relocation (Sunshine Coast) is the best move. Keeps the possibility of a rivalry alongside spreading the game, it's win win.

I can't help but think you're trying to argue with me just for sake of arguing here.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Here's some history. The bears were goooone in at the end of 1999. thats 12 years ago. If they re-enter in 2013 that's 14 years ago. Noone on the central coast under the age of 18 will even know who the bears are and give a damn about their history despite what you and a few other relics might say. Getting little kids to don the same old hat and hold up a sticker doesn't mean their fans who know the history of the bears, it just means they're being photographed with a piece of merchandise. (on a side note do the parents of these kids give permission for their photo to be published to a potential world wide audience?)

As for Manly giving the bears the arse, no kid under the age of 16 will remember or care. Nor do CC people unless they were NS bears supporters who can't let go. Again its just the dinosaur brigade.

There is a continuing contradiction with the bears bid. On the one hand they are a new club representing the CC. On the other hand they are a foundation club looking for reinstatement.

On the one hand they are a CC community based club. Then they are a team that carry the same old tired grudges from the past.

Its the achilles heel of the bid.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

BDGS

Bench
Point out the last time that happened and provide me with evidence that 0 of their supporters moved on to support a different club. Otherwise you're just talking guff.

When did i say that 0 supporters moved onto other teams?

But if you think for a second that the majority of supporters of those teams do so, then you are kidding yourself. Just because you aren't a loyal supporter of your club doesn't mean other supporters of other clubs existing or not don't remain loyal. You forget (or perhaps don't know) a Rugby League club is more then just a team in the top flight Rugby League competitions.

You should read my earlier posts (although they maybe on a different thread). My loyalty lays with the NRL, not with the clubs. History means 0 to me. .

Rugby League is built on it's history, you can not move forward without knowing where you have been.

To say history means nothing is directly going against what Rugby League is all about. Rugby League is about the game itself, celebrating the history and moving forward together.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Rugby League is built on it's history, you can not move forward without knowing where you have been.

To say history means nothing is directly going against what Rugby League is all about. Rugby League is about the game itself, celebrating the history and moving forward together.
Nice speech Julia Gillard.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's not about nor has it ever been about premierships under the norths banner. The historical links with norths have and always will be about the supporters and fans. The multiple generational families who grew up with the bears. And be it 10, 15, 20 years since the bears played nrl, you are a deadset fool if you think that type of generational support will die over in a few short years. You clearly have little clue about the central coast bears bid even with all the info supplied. You choose to ignore the facts, the hardwork or community/corporate support. Fair enough that's your choice. But who are you to say that people stopped supporting the Bears? I know for a fact how many supporters we have. I know the CCBears have the potential to be a community super club and I know for a fact that's what we're aiming for. We've ticked all the boxes and we have done it with our backs against the wall.

As a ccbears members, fan and more importantly a rugby league fan, the bears have done me proud. It's commitment like they have shown, the community engagement they are doing and the visions they have in place that our game grew around. Anything less and it's just a quick job for quick cash like others are.

Wow. May I suggest these:
images

images

_Johnsy

Referee
I have to admit, I never thought I would see someone with less tenious grasp on RL history than gaba. Get up here and accept your award Alwaysgreen (aka six dicks).

Wow. May I suggest these:
images

images

I was just answering you and filling you in on some important information that you lacked when forming your opinions. The pictures are comedy but unfortunately I don't do drugs and have plenty of tissues in the bathroom should my nose start to run. But thanks for the concern though mate.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have to admit, I never thought I would see someone with less tenious grasp on RL history than gaba. Get up here and accept your award Alwaysgreen (aka six dicks).
You post this because my interpretaion of the bears history isn't the one you want to hear about.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I was just answering you and filling you in on some important information. I'm don't do drugs and have plenty of tissues should my nose start to run. But thanks for the concern mate.
I know the information. Its been pounded out on your keyboard enough times. Hardwork. Community. Hardwork. Community. Brisbane bid is arrogant. Community. Community.

Good luck with the bid.

BDGS

Bench
Bear, is that the best you've got? No inside information? No heresay? You're reduced to emoticons and obtuse statements now to deliver your drivel.

Another one of your very thoughtful post that contributes dearly towards the discussion at hand. Thank you so much for the pleasure of reading this insightful piece of text.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
AlwaysGreen, stop carrying on as if BDGS is the brains and facts behind the CC Bears bid. It's clouding your realistic opinion of the bid.

BDGS, stfu. You're doing more damage to the bid by carrying on like a tool, than any other bid supporter could. Seriously, go watch a Ben Roberts tape or something.

You post this because my interpretaion of the bears history isn't the one you want to hear about.

Your interpretation is completely wrong but considering you have never supported the Bears in any form, I wouldn't expect you to know any of the history of my team. However if the history has been supplied by fans of the Bears, it would be in your best interest that when you're forming an opinion on the matter to atleast get the information correct.

I know the information. Its been pounded out on your keyboard enough times. Hardwork. Community. Hardwork. Community. Brisbane bid is arrogant. Community. Community.

Good luck with the bid.

If you know the information? Judging by your recent replies it doesn't seem like it.

* I've never called the Brisbane 2 bid arrogant. I've only ever called Mr. Davison arrogant.

* Hardwork and community support is the core foundation of the Central Coast Bears bid...

* But so is the corporate support the CCBEARS have, as is the sponsors and the local business partners by the CCBEARS side.

* Community will buy FOXTEL subscriptions, merchandise, memberships, go to games, support the team through lean times. One cannot and should not under estimate how important community engagement is. Not only to the CCBEARS but to the NRL and rugby league in general.

BDGS

Bench
AlwaysGreen, stop carrying on as if BDGS is the brains and facts behind the CC Bears bid. It's clouding your realistic opinion of the bid.

BDGS, stfu. You're doing more damage to the bid by carrying on like a tool, than any other bid supporter could. Seriously, go watch a Ben Roberts tape or something.

Go watch the A-league and then try to jam it down the throats of other League supporters.

Your opinion about me is lower then the opinion of the scum on the street. At least that person saw me in the flesh instead of getting hot headed on a forum site :lol:

But if you think my post on a internet site are damaging the bid's likiehood of getting the nod, you have a wrong perception of the world.

C'mon guys no more insults here. Even to the naysayers. I wanna get this thread back on track with substance and information. Thank you to everyone for the support! it's very much appreciated!

Anyways, GO THE BEARS!!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Your interpretation is completely wrong but considering you have never supported the Bears in any form, I wouldn't expect you to know any of the history of my team. However if the history has been supplied by fans of the Bears, it would be in your best interest that when you're forming an opinion on the matter to atleast get the information correct..
Please do not make assumptions that I do not support the CC bears bid. I do, however my personal preference is for a legitimate 2nd Brisbane side and Perth. I am not convinced that the proposed 2nd Brisbane team is the right one. Surely I am allowed that preference.

As I've said before I feel that harping on the past, and I'm not talking the good Bears past, but the 'we got shafted by manly' past does not look good to CC residents eyes. They do not care about old feuds, they want the club that represents them to look forward positively, something that in the main that the bears are doing. How do I know? I am not unfamiliar with the central coast as I have relatives there from both my own and wife's family who have been long term (I'm talking 40 years at Wyong and then Charm Haven) residents of the coast.

Again, good luck with the bid and criticism that will continue to come to it, as, like all things, it is not faultless.

PS. I was not being a smart arse when I asked about the photos of the kids. Hopefully you have permission for them being used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.