What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Our bid commenced in 2005. That was the year the WARL decided that they would put time and effort into re engaging the NRL and started talks with the ARL about a JB Cup team.

clarency

Juniors
It appears tricky... if the IC goes with a long term announcement (2 teams 2013, 1-2 teams 2015) then I could see CCB getting in before the Bris2 gets in, as it would allow the added tv value to be incorporated into the new contract.

Our bid commenced in 2005. That was the year the WARL decided that they would put time and effort into re engaging the NRL and started talks with the ARL about a JB Cup team.

I thought it was in 2006 that W.A.R.L revived the Reds, however an actual bid for an NRL franchise didn't launch until 2008. After the W.A. Reds were already playing in the Bundy/JB Cup. If it were in 2005, why didn't you guys bid for 2007 entry with the CC, GC & Wellington?

Either way the Bears & Reds have been at this for a long time and rightfully deserve to be the next NRL franchises based on the amount of work put in and what they bring to the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought it was in 2006 that W.A.R.L revived the Reds, however an actual bid for an NRL franchise didn't launch until 2008. After the W.A. Reds were already playing in the Bundy/JB Cup. If it were in 2005, why didn't you guys bid for 2007 entry with the CC, GC & Wellington?

Either way the Bears & Reds have been at this for a long time and rightfully deserve to be the next NRL franchises based on the amount of work put in and what they bring to the game.

The vision and strategy for the bid commenced 2005, discussions were had with the NRL and ARL back then to lay out a plan that would reinvigorate RL in the West and test our credentials to return to the big time. Everything started back in 2005, NRL games back in Perth, increased development officers, new schools programmes, the JB and Bundy cup teams, the SG Ball side and elite academy has all been a part of the grand plan to get us back in. First time I saw the Reds 2013 bid logo was back in 2007 but the ground work had started before then.
Nov 2006 was when the WARL first made public the intention to get a team back in the NRL.
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=27329

It appears tricky... if the IC goes with a long term announcement (2 teams 2013, 1-2 teams 2015) then I could see CCB getting in before the Bris2 gets in, as it would allow the added tv value to be incorporated into the new contract.

It's not tricky. There are 4 bids who are realistically strong but obviously one doesn't have the population yet (Central QLD). The NRL with enough strategic planning can enter all 4 teams with minimal disruptions, costs and still have 4 great new franchises.

The vision and strategy for the bid commenced 2005, discussions were had with the NRL and ARL back then to lay out a plan that would reinvigorate RL in the West and test our credentials to return to the big time. Everything started back in 2005, NRL games back in Perth, increased development officers, new schools programmes, the JB and Bundy cup teams, the SG Ball side and elite academy has all been a part of the grand plan to get us back in. First time I saw the Reds 2013 bid logo was back in 2007 but the ground work had started before then.
Nov 2006 was when the WARL first made public the intention to get a team back in the NRL.
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=27329

Thanks for the clarification.

PS Check inbox.

clarency

Juniors
I don't support the CQLD support at all. Population will not be where it needs to be for a long time.

flippikat

Bench
It's not tricky. There are 4 bids who are realistically strong but obviously one doesn't have the population yet (Central QLD). The NRL with enough strategic planning can enter all 4 teams with minimal disruptions, costs and still have 4 great new franchises.

i'm not sure whether Central Queensland or a 2nd NZ team would be the best bet for that 4th spot.

A 2nd NZ team gives the competition a game every week in the NZ timezone, and another good derby.

i'm not sure whether Central Queensland or a 2nd NZ team would be the best bet for that 4th spot.

A 2nd NZ team gives the competition a game every week in the NZ timezone, and another good derby.

That's true. Its a given that the Cental QLD bid has alot of corporate support and its a huge rugby league heartland. Population & infrastucture are major problems. Either way NZ II or CQLD, rugby league wins. Which is the ultimate goal.

Beowulf

Juniors
I see nothing wrong with the NRL announcing in July CC Bears and WA Reds for 2013, Brisbane2 (or Ipswich) for 2017 and say either CQLD or Wellington will join them, depending on which of the two presents the best bid in early 2015. To me the others are straightforward and can be admitted as the bids mature - its CQLD v another NZ side thats interesting as its possibly the last of the expansions for a while.

andrew057

First Grade
Final piece of puzzle for Bears bid

• EXCLUSIVE by Barry Toohey and Barclay Crawford
  • February 27, 2011 12:00AM

525598-greg-florimo.jpg

Bears CEO Greg Florimo. Source: The Daily Telegraph

CENTRAL Coast Bears' coach-in-waiting Dave Fairleigh labelled it the last remaining "black hole" in the club's submission for a place in an expanded NRL.

Now, thanks to the NSW Coalition, that problem is about to be solved.

Provided they win next month's state election, the final piece in the puzzle has fallen into place for the Bears.

The NSW Opposition is set to announce tomorrow a $3.5 million funding boost to secure a training and administrative headquarters on government-owned land at Mount Penang on the Central Coast should they come into power.

"It's a massive boost for the club and our bid," Fairleigh said. "We have a stadium, great financial backing and the overwhelming support of the community - and now we are going to have somewhere we can base ourselves as well.

"It's fantastic news.

"It's the black hole in our bid that needed to be filled."

Fairleigh and Bears chief executive Greg Florimo have worked closely with Liberal MP for Terrigal Chris Hartcher to make the funding pledge a reality.

"It's a huge recruitment tool for us to be able to go out into the marketplace for players knowing we will have a world-class training facility to attract them," Fairleigh said.

"It also sends a good message to the NRL. Chris has been a huge supporter."

The $3.5 million will be used on stage one of the development, with the area eventually to be turned into a sporting precinct complete with a 50m outdoor pool, indoor pool and basketball centre. There will also be a multi-purpose function centre, along with a state-of-the-art training and recovery facility.

Opposition leader Barry O'Farrell said the land and funding will ensure the Bears can present their strategic plan to the NRL next month.

"I'm a Tigers fan, but I think the Central Coast deserves its own team," O'Farrell said.

"The fans on the Central Coast have shown they are desperate for their own team. We want to do all we can to help them realise that dream."

O'Farrell said the Bears would be subject to the same commercial lease conditions as others at the Mount Penang site, but the proposal gives them the security to go to the NRL with a plan in place.

The club is also ready to vote on accepting a $10 million private ownership arrangement with Mortgage House as the cornerstone of their submission for entry into the 2013 premiership.

"The bid will be ready by March 31," Fairleigh said.

"We are closing in on 6000 members and are averaging 119 new member signings per week. It's been a big job but, from the NRL's point of view, I think we are well advanced and well organised.

"We have engaged the community and I believe we will deliver a world-class franchise to the NRL."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...le-for-bears-bid/story-e6frexnr-1226012525637

More good news for the CC bid.

clarency

Juniors
Whenever a sporting club needs some help can always count on a politician desperate for votes, lol.

Beowulf

Juniors
$3.5 million for a Centre Of Excellence depending on Barry O'Farrell winning, which is about at $1.01. Here come the Bears!

Final piece of puzzle for Bears bid

• EXCLUSIVE by Barry Toohey and Barclay Crawford
  • February 27, 2011 12:00AM

525598-greg-florimo.jpg

Bears CEO Greg Florimo. Source: The Daily Telegraph

CENTRAL Coast Bears' coach-in-waiting Dave Fairleigh labelled it the last remaining "black hole" in the club's submission for a place in an expanded NRL.

Now, thanks to the NSW Coalition, that problem is about to be solved.

Provided they win next month's state election, the final piece in the puzzle has fallen into place for the Bears.

The NSW Opposition is set to announce tomorrow a $3.5 million funding boost to secure a training and administrative headquarters on government-owned land at Mount Penang on the Central Coast should they come into power.

"It's a massive boost for the club and our bid," Fairleigh said. "We have a stadium, great financial backing and the overwhelming support of the community - and now we are going to have somewhere we can base ourselves as well.

"It's fantastic news.

"It's the black hole in our bid that needed to be filled."

Fairleigh and Bears chief executive Greg Florimo have worked closely with Liberal MP for Terrigal Chris Hartcher to make the funding pledge a reality.

"It's a huge recruitment tool for us to be able to go out into the marketplace for players knowing we will have a world-class training facility to attract them," Fairleigh said.

"It also sends a good message to the NRL. Chris has been a huge supporter."

The $3.5 million will be used on stage one of the development, with the area eventually to be turned into a sporting precinct complete with a 50m outdoor pool, indoor pool and basketball centre. There will also be a multi-purpose function centre, along with a state-of-the-art training and recovery facility.

Opposition leader Barry O'Farrell said the land and funding will ensure the Bears can present their strategic plan to the NRL next month.

"I'm a Tigers fan, but I think the Central Coast deserves its own team," O'Farrell said.

"The fans on the Central Coast have shown they are desperate for their own team. We want to do all we can to help them realise that dream."

O'Farrell said the Bears would be subject to the same commercial lease conditions as others at the Mount Penang site, but the proposal gives them the security to go to the NRL with a plan in place.

The club is also ready to vote on accepting a $10 million private ownership arrangement with Mortgage House as the cornerstone of their submission for entry into the 2013 premiership.

"The bid will be ready by March 31," Fairleigh said.

"We are closing in on 6000 members and are averaging 119 new member signings per week. It's been a big job but, from the NRL's point of view, I think we are well advanced and well organised.

"We have engaged the community and I believe we will deliver a world-class franchise to the NRL."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...le-for-bears-bid/story-e6frexnr-1226012525637

More good news for the CC bid.

Very good news. You beat me to it. Here come the BEARS.

images

Would look be good alternatives.

Thats exactly like the Newark Bears logo with slight variations. When the time is right there will be community comps to do with a new logo, jerseys etc.. I'm happy with the current one however. It's unique and not a cop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts