What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be over 6k by the 6th of March then. 6.5K is a good possibility by the time the bid is handed in as well.

Hopefully we reach 7000 by the time the bid is submitted. March has plenty of membership drives so it's not out of the question. We only had one membership drive this weekend in comparison to other weeks.

Go the Bears!

Libs commit $3.5Million towards Central Coast Bears Training Facility

28 February, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.

A NSW Liberals & Nationals Government will deliver $3.5 million funding towards a training and administrative headquarters to help the Central Coast Bears’ bid to get into the NRL, NSW Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell and the Central Coast Liberal team announced today.

This announcement comes after Mr O’Farrell committed in January to help secure the Mount Penang site on the Central Coast for the establishment of a Central Coast Bears headquarters, by reserving the NSW Government owned site as a special sporting precinct.

Mr O’Farrell met with Bears representatives, including CEO Greg Florimo, Head of Football Operations David Fairleigh and Director Ken Sayer at the site along with Liberal Candidate for Gosford Chris Holstein, Liberal Candidate for The Entrance Chris Spence, Liberal Candidate for Wyong Darren Webber, and Liberal Member for Terrigal Chris Hartcher.

“The Central Coast loves its sport and the region deserves to have its own football team,” Mr O’Farrell said.

“This funding will help deliver the training and administrative facilities the Central Coast Bears need, so they can present the NRL with a strategic plan in mid 2011.

“The $3.5 million will be used to help deliver a sporting precinct, including state of- the-art training and recovery facilities, a 50 metre outdoor pool, indoor pool and basketball centre.

“The NSW Liberals & Nationals are committed to working with the Central Coast community and the Bears proponents to push for a local NRL team.

"The local Liberal Central Coast team have made it clear to me how important a rugby league team would be here and I'm prepared to do everything I can to back it in."

Mr Florimo welcomed the support of the NSW Liberals & Nationals.

“This announcement from Barry O'Farrell and the NSW Liberals & Nationals is a massive boost for the club and our bid. It is another step forward as we finalise our great package to present to the NRL ," Mr Florimo said.

"We have a stadium, great financial backing and the overwhelming support of the community and now we are going to have somewhere we can base ourselves as well.

"Today’s announcement will also be a huge recruitment tool for us to be able to go out into the marketplace for players knowing we will have a world-class training facility to attract them.

“Hundreds of thousands of spectators have visited Blue Tongue Stadium to attend Rugby League events during the past ten years and a local NRL team is expected to significantly increase the economic benefit brought to the Coast by major sporting events.”

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/news/Libs_commit_to_threemillionfivehunderthousand.html

Just incase the naysayers think this isn't real. Here is a link to the same article but on the Liberals hopepage.

http://www.nsw.liberal.org.au/news/...-to-reserve-land-for-central-coast-bears.html

Central Coast Bears
All Systems Go For Bears!
This morning at Mt.Penang, State Liberal candidate Barry O'Farrell met with Central Coast Bears and the media to announce a 3.5million dollar development of the training and administrative headquarters for the bears should the Liberals win government in next months state election.This is the final piece in th...e puzzle of the bears bid to go to the NRL on 31st March. This will be stage 1 of the bears new Central Coast Headquarters.More info on tonights TEN News and NBN News.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: One or two updates on national soccer matches and you have a cry?

If you don't like it, unfollow. The ball is in your court and it is not your choice what is put on the feed. Grow up.

BDGS

Bench

The ball keep getting bigger, nothing but good news coming from this bid. A real credit to all involved at the bid from the fans to the members and up to those in charge.

:lol: One or two updates on national soccer matches and you have a cry?

If you don't like it, unfollow. The ball is in your court and it is not your choice what is put on the feed. Grow up.

keep rotating turnstile

clarency

Juniors
When did i say that 0 supporters moved onto other teams?
But if you think for a second that the majority of supporters of those teams do so, then you are kidding yourself. Just because you aren't a loyal supporter of your club doesn't mean other supporters of other clubs existing or not don't remain loyal. You forget (or perhaps don't know) a Rugby League club is more then just a team in the top flight Rugby League competitions.

Your response implied that point. (bolded part) I said that same thing a few posts ago...

Rugby League is built on it's history, you can not move forward without knowing where you have been.

To say history means nothing is directly going against what Rugby League is all about. Rugby League is about the game itself, celebrating the history and moving forward together.

You're transition from club history to rugby league history exposes your argument as being based on nothing more than emotive language. I could argue that Rugby league is not based on history at all. I'm not going to though... Can't be bothered.

BDGS

Bench
Your response implied that point. (bolded part) I said that same thing a few posts ago...

You're transition from club history to rugby league history exposes your argument as being based on nothing more than emotive language. I could argue that Rugby league is not based on history at all. I'm not going to though... Can't be bothered.

Rugby League club history by default is Rugby League history. Though this is not the place to argue that, any fan that does not know (as much) history (as they can) about their clubs and the game itself or does not appreciate it is a supporter that imo is less then true supporters.

O'Farrell woos Central Coast

616943-barry-o-039-farrell.jpg

Campaign trail ... Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell on the Central Coast. Picture: Gary Graham Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE election gods were smiling on Barry O'Farrell today when an oversized truck almost collided with a dangerous underpass as he was promising $30 million to get rid of it.

The Opposition leader was on the state's Central Coast to announce an upgrade of Woy Woy Rd when the blast of a passing motorist cut him off mid-sentence and alerted the moving van's driver that he was seconds from disaster.

The embarrassed driver pulled up about a metre from the 2.5m-high entrance to the underpass beneath the Sydney-Newcastle train line, did a three-point turn and gave Mr O'Farrell and the media the finger as he drove off.

Mr O'Farrell wasted no time in capitalising on the near miss.

"You see, that's exactly what I'm talking about," he said

Under plans to inject an extra $200 million into the roads capital works budget the Opposition wants to straighten Woy Woy Rd by moving the underpass further west, making it large enough to accommodate trucks and emergency vehicles.

Given it is one of only two roads linking the Woy Woy Peninsula and the F3, long suffering commuters - about 15,000 a day - endure traffic gridlock every time there is an accident on nearby Brisbane Water Drive.

Mr O'Farrell also pledged the Opposition's support for the Central Coast Bears' tilt at securing an NRL licence by 2013.

He met Bears CEO Greg Florimo and operations boss David Fairleigh at Mount Penang Parklands where he announced the Opposition would provide $3.5 million should the team's bid succeed when it is lodged with NRL boss David Gallop on March 31, just days after the election.

The funding comes after Mr O'Farrell committed in January to help secure the under-utilised Government parklands at Mount Penang as the Bears' administrative headquarters and state-of-the-art training and recovery centre.

Despite being a rugby league heartland fans on the coast remain bitterly divided over the Super League fall out, which led to the disastrous merger with Manly to form the Northern Eagles that ultimately collapsed in 2002.

Mr O'Farrell said he was unconcerned about a possible voter back-lash from fans who, to this day, remain adamant they would never support a Central Coast NRL team named the Bears.

"We are backing a Central Coast NRL team," he said.

"The only team that is putting a bid in to return an NRL team to the Central Coast is called the Bears, it would be pretty bloody silly for the Liberal/National Party to be supporting the Central Coast question marks.

"I'm an old North Sydney Bears supporter here, you know how to pick a scab, I waited 11 years for the North Sydney Bears to get back in the competition and I've since moved my loyalty with great difficulty to another team but what does that tell me?

"Well it tells me an area like this, an area that's growing, an area that's interested in rugby league would be well served by a team and I'm happy to support this practical one."

Former Bears great Fairleigh said having a home base was "essential" to getting club's bid over the line.

"Not only to attract elite players to the region but also for the whole community to have a world-class sporting precinct," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ns...os-central-coast/story-fn7q4q9f-1226013616318

Upcoming Central Coast Bears event

Time: Friday, April 1 · 7:30pm - 10:30pm

It's on again! Get you banners and flags ready because here is your chance (THE FANS) to show your support for the Central Coast Bears by wearing your Red and Black to this game as we show the NRL we want the Central Coast Bears awarded the next license to join the NRL in 2013. All we ask is that you keep the 1st April available in your calendar.Tickets are not yet on sale but we will announce on our Fan Page when they are on sale.

We want to fill the whole general admission area behind the in goal area at Bluetongue Stadium with our fans wearing Red and Black. Last year was a great success when about 300 fans showed up filling a whole bay with Red and Black and then a few weeks later we had over 1,000 show up for the 'MARCH FOR THE BEARS DAY'. This event will coincide with our bid as the Central Coast Bears present their final bid to the NRL the day before on the 31st March,so this event will tie in nicely the following day.

**PLEASE INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO THIS EVENT**

INFORMATION

CENTRAL COAST BEARS FANS SHOW OF SUPPORT DAY

SOUTHS vs MANLY @ Bluetongue Stadium

Friday 1st April @ 7.30pm

To sit in the bears bays and show your support for the Central Coast Bears all that is required is for you to buy a General Admission ticket for this game and sit anywhere behind the in goal area wearing your CCB's colours, holing up your banners or waving your flags.

*Please note tickets are not yet on sale for this event.

*Stay tuned to CCB's Fan Page for further details.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=129656923772091

Beowulf

Juniors
Upcoming Central Coast Bears event

Time: Friday, April 1 · 7:30pm - 10:30pm

It's on again! Get you banners and flags ready because here is your chance (THE FANS) to show your support for the Central Coast Bears by wearing your Red and Black to this game as we show the NRL we want the Central Coast Bears awarded the next license to join the NRL in 2013. All we ask is that you keep the 1st April available in your calendar.Tickets are not yet on sale but we will announce on our Fan Page when they are on sale.

We want to fill the whole general admission area behind the in goal area at Bluetongue Stadium with our fans wearing Red and Black. Last year was a great success when about 300 fans showed up filling a whole bay with Red and Black and then a few weeks later we had over 1,000 show up for the 'MARCH FOR THE BEARS DAY'. This event will coincide with our bid as the Central Coast Bears present their final bid to the NRL the day before on the 31st March,so this event will tie in nicely the following day.

**PLEASE INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO THIS EVENT**

INFORMATION

CENTRAL COAST BEARS FANS SHOW OF SUPPORT DAY

SOUTHS vs MANLY @ Bluetongue Stadium

Friday 1st April @ 7.30pm

To sit in the bears bays and show your support for the Central Coast Bears all that is required is for you to buy a General Admission ticket for this game and sit anywhere behind the in goal area wearing your CCB's colours, holing up your banners or waving your flags.

*Please note tickets are not yet on sale for this event.

*Stay tuned to CCB's Fan Page for further details.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=129656923772091

I'll be there with Bear head on!

clarency

Juniors
I can't help but think that, as strong as this bid is (and it is strong), all of the disadvantages of it are external factors outside of its control.

The bid would be perfect if it weren't stuck in the middle of so many other teams. It's unfortunate.

No matter how many members you get and how many profile supporters you have, you will never get id of that achilles heel.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

I love how you've come into this thread in the last few weeks speaking condescendingly, as if you're in the NRL management and know 100% what they'll do :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's just joining the club! You can't say that all us passionate lot about our bids don;t speak as if we know the outcome.

Garts

Bench
I have not read the rest of his/her posts Timmah but they do have a point. Its the only potential downside to the bid.

applesauce

Bench
"I'm an old North Sydney Bears supporter here, you know how to pick a scab, I waited 11 years for the North Sydney Bears to get back in the competition and I've since moved my loyalty with great difficulty to another team but what does that tell me?

That tells me that the NSW clubs won't want this. Stop draggin up the past and lets move one. This game has been held back in so many ways this will just continue to weaken the NSW structure and keep the game confined to it's own backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.