What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not make assumptions that I do not support the CC bears bid. I do, however my personal preference is for a legitimate 2nd Brisbane side and Perth. Surely I am allowed that preference.

As I've said before I feel that harping on the past, and I'm not talking the good Bears past, but the 'we got shafted by manly' past does not look good to CC residents eyes. They do not care about old feuds, they want the club that represents them to look forward positively, something that in the main that the bears are doing. How do I know? I am not unfamiliar with the central coast as I have relatives there from both my own and wife's family who have been long term (I'm talking 40 years at Wyong and then Charm Haven) residents of the coast.

Again, good luck with the bid and criticism that will continue to come to it, as, like all things, it is not faultless.

You're allowed opinions and preferences. Definitely. Nothing wrong with that. My problem is people basing their preferences or opinions on bad information. Thats my only concern in that regard.

Also old fueds are nothing more then hyping up to sell out a few game. You have to utilize what you have. Like last year during the finals when Dragons played the Tigers and they showed pre-game clips of Balmain & St.George (2 entites that are gone) to hype up the game. It gets the brain remembering, the blood rushing and the excitement building.

In that same token the CCBEARS are developing a new rivalry with the Knights. So the future is represented as much as the past.

mattyf

Juniors
I can't believe You guys are still talking about this, don't you guys see. Doesn't matter what you do or how many answers you give to posters. The nrl will admit a loser team like the bears. They sucked before, they suck now and they I'll always suck.

Bears in NRL died 1999, get over it. Stop being babies and pick new teams!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Go watch the A-league and then try to jam it down the throats of other League supporters.

Your opinion about me is lower then the opinion of the scum on the street. At least that person saw me in the flesh instead of getting hot headed on a forum site :lol:

But if you think my post on a internet site are damaging the bid's likiehood of getting the nod, you have a wrong perception of the world.

Jam it down whose throats? :lol: I have a banner in my signature and post in the soccer forum a few times a week, I'd hardly call that "jamming it down people's throats".

My opinion of you is nothing of the sort - I simply think the way you carry on in a number of places on this forum is embarrassing.

If you think your ferverent, over-the-top attitude is helping the bid in any way, I feel sorry for you.

Beowulf

Juniors
I can't believe You guys are still talking about this, don't you guys see. Doesn't matter what you do or how many answers you give to posters. The nrl will admit a loser team like the bears. They sucked before, they suck now and they I'll always suck.

Your opinion. Most fans disagree. Let me guess - you support another bid team??!!!!! Reasoned debate is welcomed but the continued juvenile insults from the Brisbane2 bid fans say more about yourselves than anything about the CC Bears.

The Bears have worked on inclusion for 6 years, learned from their mistakes last bid round, have the finances sorted, superb training facilities almost guaranteed (will be in 4 weeks with a change of Govt), mass public support, local community support, 6000 financial members, 2 grounds, a catchment of 1.1 million people without a team, 103 years of history and experience, high level political support and a moral case for inclusion.

I also support a Brisbane2 and WA entry into the comp at the appropriate time.

bobmar28

Bench
Yeah, that worked so well last time :sarcasm:

ah say no more

No it wouldn't, why would we want to lose a club with as much history? With that much fans? With that much player pulling power?

These last few statements undermine your support of the game altogether.

The only way the Bears will get in is if a Sydney team folds or merges. Imo.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Despite the poster below completely going against the starter of the threads instructions to keep the conversation on the topic at hand i will reply.

Jam it down whose throats? :lol: I have a banner in my signature and post in the soccer forum a few times a week, I'd hardly call that "jamming it down people's throats".

And of course those twitter updates that fill up the page.

My opinion of you is nothing of the sort - I simply think the way you carry on in a number of places on this forum is embarrassing.

No body cares what you think, you are text of an internet page. Grow up.

If you think your ferverent, over-the-top attitude is helping the bid in any way, I feel sorry for you.

I KNOW i have no affect on the bid whatsoever and never i have once stated/said/claim that i have.

BDGS

Bench
Your opinion. Most fans disagree. Let me guess - you support another bid team??!!!!! Reasoned debate is welcomed but the continued juvenile insults from the Brisbane2 bid fans say more about yourselves than anything about the CC Bears.

The Bears have worked on inclusion for 6 years, learned from their mistakes last bid round, have the finances sorted, superb training facilities almost guaranteed (will be in 4 weeks with a change of Govt), mass public support, local community support, 6000 financial members, 2 grounds, a catchment of 1.1 million people without a team, 103 years of history and experience, high level political support and a moral case for inclusion.

I also support a Brisbane2 and WA entry into the comp at the appropriate time.

Some people just will won't get it, i'm sure it will the same people that cry foul when their bid(s) don't make it. But interesting enough, have we found the 1st ever Brisbane 2 bid supporter?

The only way the Bears will get in is if a Sydney team folds or merges. Imo.

Yeah i know, you have said that repeatedly.

9 posts in 5 years... so which double account do you belong to?

BDGS

Bench
9 posts in 5 years... so which double account do you belong to?

That's interesting, i had to sign up to this site using my internet server email. Would of thought everybody only gets one of those.

Nevertheless, Bears should break 6k members this weekend with current numbers at 5,902.

bluetongue_main_left.jpg

After only 1 membership drive this weekend the total financial memberships are @ 5902

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

Saturday 5th March - Kincumber Gym Open Day 9am – 2pm

Saturday 12th March McDonalds Erina – 9:30am – 4pm

Saturday 12th March Bridgepoint Shopping Centre Mosman – 9:30am – 4pm

BDGS

Bench
Should be over 6k by the 6th of March then. 6.5K is a good possibility by the time the bid is handed in as well.

Libs commit $3.5Million towards Central Coast Bears Training Facility

28 February, 2011 | Posted by Central Coast Bears.

A NSW Liberals & Nationals Government will deliver $3.5 million funding towards a training and administrative headquarters to help the Central Coast Bears’ bid to get into the NRL, NSW Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell and the Central Coast Liberal team announced today.

This announcement comes after Mr O’Farrell committed in January to help secure the Mount Penang site on the Central Coast for the establishment of a Central Coast Bears headquarters, by reserving the NSW Government owned site as a special sporting precinct.

Mr O’Farrell met with Bears representatives, including CEO Greg Florimo, Head of Football Operations David Fairleigh and Director Ken Sayer at the site along with Liberal Candidate for Gosford Chris Holstein, Liberal Candidate for The Entrance Chris Spence, Liberal Candidate for Wyong Darren Webber, and Liberal Member for Terrigal Chris Hartcher.

“The Central Coast loves its sport and the region deserves to have its own football team,” Mr O’Farrell said.

“This funding will help deliver the training and administrative facilities the Central Coast Bears need, so they can present the NRL with a strategic plan in mid 2011.

“The $3.5 million will be used to help deliver a sporting precinct, including state of- the-art training and recovery facilities, a 50 metre outdoor pool, indoor pool and basketball centre.

“The NSW Liberals & Nationals are committed to working with the Central Coast community and the Bears proponents to push for a local NRL team.

"The local Liberal Central Coast team have made it clear to me how important a rugby league team would be here and I'm prepared to do everything I can to back it in."

Mr Florimo welcomed the support of the NSW Liberals & Nationals.

“This announcement from Barry O'Farrell and the NSW Liberals & Nationals is a massive boost for the club and our bid. It is another step forward as we finalise our great package to present to the NRL ," Mr Florimo said.

"We have a stadium, great financial backing and the overwhelming support of the community and now we are going to have somewhere we can base ourselves as well.

"Today’s announcement will also be a huge recruitment tool for us to be able to go out into the marketplace for players knowing we will have a world-class training facility to attract them.

“Hundreds of thousands of spectators have visited Blue Tongue Stadium to attend Rugby League events during the past ten years and a local NRL team is expected to significantly increase the economic benefit brought to the Coast by major sporting events.”

http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/news/Libs_commit_to_threemillionfivehunderthousand.html

BDGS

Bench
The Central Coast Bears Audited financials will be available from the 7th of March on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts