What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That tells me that the NSW clubs won't want this. Stop draggin up the past and lets move one. This game has been held back in so many ways this will just continue to weaken the NSW structure and keep the game confined to it's own backyard.

If anything it proves people want this. $3.5 million is hard to dispute but you will try.

Beowulf

Juniors
If anything it proves people want this. $3.5 million is hard to dispute but you will try.

If people weren't constantly knocking the bid it would mean the Bears weren't favourites or were irrelevant. The more opposition, the closer we are obviously getting. All obstacles since 1999 have been cleared and the Bears are getting stronger by the day. Things couldn't be looking better... :)

I love the whole "worlds against us" mentality you guys have taken on.

Not at all. The view is we have a compelling case and established key support both corporate and community based. Sure there is a few knockers but it pales in comparison compared to the support.

mightybears

Bench
That tells me that the NSW clubs won't want this. Stop draggin up the past and lets move one. This game has been held back in so many ways this will just continue to weaken the NSW structure and keep the game confined to it's own backyard.

no idea have you

clarency

Juniors
:lol:

I love how you've come into this thread in the last few weeks speaking condescendingly, as if you're in the NRL management and know 100% what they'll do :lol:

I love that so many like yourself resort to a trivial responses rather than acknowledging or even attempting to rebut the point raised. R&BB and Beowolf both ignored it. I even keep an eye out in published interviews as the CCB management try to dodge the issue whenever it is raised.

I love that so many like yourself resort to a trivial responses rather than acknowledging or even attempting to rebut the point raised. R&BB and Beowolf both ignored it. I even keep an eye out in published interviews as the CCB management try to dodge the issue whenever it is raised.

I didn't know facts were trivial and I don't know what point was raised that I ignored. However if I did ignore some point which was raised, it could possibly have been because of the influx of news regarding the bid which takes priority over arguing with people on here.

To be honest though I have no idea what you are talking about.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

There's nothing to respond to, because you're speculating on what you want the NRL to make a decision on, not on what is decided fact.

Beowulf

Juniors
All I know is the NRL are in the process of very constructive talks with the Bears that have not abated since the NRL and Bears became aware of a Brisbane2 bid late last year. Since that time, there have been more positive announcements for the Bears bid that the NRL weren't aware were coming, so everything is in great shape with this bid.

clarency

Juniors
R&BB - It was a post I raised earlier regarding CCB bids weakness, and how little control the bid team has over it. If you didn't see it, that's cool.

Timmah -

"because you're speculating on what you want the NRL to make a decision on"

NOW I see why you're so on edge. You think I want them to fail. I don't, I merely think they will. Also if you'll notice, most of the things I say begin with "I think", meaning it's my opinion, nothing more. I'm not sure how to take it when you accuse me of being condescending. :?

bobmar28

Bench
:lol:

I love how you've come into this thread in the last few weeks speaking condescendingly, as if you're in the NRL management and know 100% what they'll do :lol:

Blind Freddy could see that there are too many teams in the Sydney region.

johns_reds

First Grade
Mr O'Farrell also pledged the Opposition's support for the Central Coast Bears' tilt at securing an NRL licence by 2013.

He met Bears CEO Greg Florimo and operations boss David Fairleigh at Mount Penang Parklands where he announced the Opposition would provide $3.5 million should the team's bid succeed when it is lodged with NRL boss David Gallop on March 31, just days after the election.

Hang on... this is the Opposition leader? he's not even in power to give the Bears money? how can this be guaranteed money???? What if he doesn't win the election? Is the other party offering the same money?

Hang on... this is the Opposition leader? he's not even in power to give the Bears money? how can this be guaranteed money???? What if he doesn't win the election? Is the other party offering the same money?

There is a plan b) in place should he not win the election. But that wont be known until after the elections. It doesn't matter though, there is a stream of private funds to make this happen one way or the other.

What a spam thread this has turned out to be.

A spam thread that has information and relevant material to the Central Coast Bears bid? No mate, the very definition of a spam thread is what Brisbane 2's thread has become.

Last edited:
the political porkbarelling on the central coast is disgusting.

Oh boo hoo.. had these political parties been pushing for the Knights or Newcastle region it wouldn't be disgusting would it? It's always a bad thing when it doesn't involve one's team/club/region, but when it does it's the best thing ever. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts