What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
LOOK I just wanna say one thing about the central coast.

I'm sorry....IT IS A GOOD IDEA.

for 2003-6.

Not 20011 or beyond

Sorry guys, I truly think the comp has outgrown such a team for now. Unless its a relocation.

LoL alright then, btw the bears bid is a relocation bid hahaha.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Nice anecdote from the Bears Foundation Sponsors luncheon at Terrigal yesterday. Billy Moore was talking about playing a semi in the 90's against Canberra. The Bears were pumped and on the field. Then Canberra came out - Meninga, Daley, Stuart, Lazarus, Belcher etc etc...to the Green Machine song. Gary Larson was fired up and turned to look at Billy Moore just before kick off to see him smiling at the Raiders stars and humming the Green machine song, saying '$%@ that song is good!'

Well Billy was absolutely correct.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes they are Beave!

And you know what, every time I see one of No Dick Blues' posts quoted, I am reminded of how richer my life is not reading his pathetic garbage.

Perth Red

Post Whore
why would you put a bid in at least 4-5 months before it is due and before expasnion is even decided upon? Makes no sense to me. Are they saying there is nothing more they can do over the next few months?

why would you put a bid in at least 4-5 months before it is due and before expasnion is even decided upon? Makes no sense to me. Are they saying there is nothing more they can do over the next few months?

They want the bid to be there during tv negotiations not after. But community work will continue until the NRL make a decision on expansion.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
They want the bid to be there during tv negotiations not after. But community work will continue until the NRL make a decision on expansion.

That will make the networks start thinking about where they would really like to see an expansion team.

Beowulf

Juniors
At the risk of repeating myself. With so many other areas crying out for a team an 11th NSW franchise would be insane.

Considering David Gallop last week absolutely canned a Brisbane team at the NRL fan day at Casula on Thursday and was lauding a team on the Coast both there and on MMM (Friday) due to the vital need to connect with northern Sydney, me thinks you may be bitterly disappointed.

David Gallop is obviously insane.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Considering David Gallop last week absolutely canned a Brisbane team at the NRL fan day at Casula on Thursday and was lauding a team on the Coast both there and on MMM (Friday) due to the vital need to connect with northern Sydney, me thinks you may be bitterly disappointed.

David Gallop is obviously insane.
No need to exaggerate, that's BearDGS' job.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So, you weren't there, but you know he's exaggerating? :lol: riiiight

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So, you weren't there, but you know he's exaggerating? :lol: riiiight

Firstly, Who the f**k says I wasn't there? Were you there? Do you know what I look like or my whereabouts? Using your pitiful logic, if you weren't there how do you know I wasn't there?

Show me where Gallop 'absolutely canned the Brisbane bid' or shut the f**k up and stick to what you know which seems from your last few banal comments to be very little.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Fire up some more.

You haven't indicated you were there at all, why would I have any reason to believe you?

And try to restrict your response to something remotely civil, eh?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:lol: Fire up some more.

You haven't indicated you were there at all, why would I have any reason to believe you?

And try to restrict your response to something remotely civil, eh?
No I haven't indicated I was there but I also haven't indicated I wasn't there. Yet you assumed automatically that the former was the case. The fact I was there or in the artic circle living with polar bears is moot. Where is the evidence that Gallop 'absolutely canning the Brisbane bid'? If he did say this there should be evidence as a statement as strong as this would not have gone unnoticed by the media.

I'm sorry my post wasn't civil - I didn't realize you were such a delicate flower.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench

Haven't you asked this about 8 times over 4 months?

Perth Red

Post Whore
yes, and I'm still waiting for a logical answer! The Bears bid have made a big thing about the date the bid is being submitted, as someone who writes heaps of submissions for grants I find it very bizarre you would put in a submission before tenders are even called for. I am sure there is some logic to why they are doing so but no one has yet told me it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I haven't heard Gallop rubbish any bid in recent times, in fact quite the opposite, he is generally highlighting the positives these days so I would also be interested to see exactly what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts