What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Johnsy

Referee
Like Johnsy, I call bullsh*t on the highlighted one. No way in hell would the Reds get close to the Eagles (my AFL team, by the by) in terms of number of fans. They'd struggle to even match the Dockers. WA is first and foremost an AFL state. The large number of Kiwi, Pom, and Saffer expats ensure a decent potential following for the rugby codes, but they will never match AFL for level of interest or support.

JM

Honestly don't be so f**king naive, of course they would. They have done a survey, albeit for all intents & purposes a survey that doesn't exist.

As I said I'd love to see a copy of this "survey".

BDGS

Bench

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
• Almost 16% of the Perth Metro population state they would be likely to attend a game in the opening season if the pitch is successful, while 6% indicate they are likely to become a member. This indication of potential membership uptake is particularly positive when it is considered that 6% of the Perth Metro population are Eagles members and 5% Dockers members.

http://www.waredsrugbyleague.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=215

Now that's what I call an unbiased survey. I'm all for the WA reds but to suggest that they will have more fans than the eagles is ludicrous.

_Johnsy

Referee
What a surprise he takes it as gospel, a few very important words.

Almost, state they would likely

FMD !!!!!

Beowulf

Juniors
Anyway, enough about Perth!

Expecting quite a few Footy Show Bears again this Thursday and hundreds of Bears supporters at Bluetongue Stadium for Souths v Manly.

Hopefully Vautin will deride the Bears again - we always get a boost in memberships & support after he has a crack! No better way to get support from the whole RL community than when a Manly person spits at you.....

I chatted with Freddie Fittler on Saturday for a long while re the CC bid - he now understands why it has to be the Bears and why the NRL are keen. Amazing how little most RL people know of the bid until its explained, and how enthusiastic they are after 'getting' it....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of interest how many of the crowd will be Sth's or Manly fans and how many CC people who would become Bears fans do you think?

(not wanting to prolong the WA tangent on this thread the survey cost $75k and was done by a very reputable firm, I do agree though that it is a very long stretch to think we will match the Eagles, well maybe not for a year or two anyway :) !)

Beowulf

Juniors
Out of interest how many of the crowd will be Sth's or Manly fans and how many CC people who would become Bears fans do you think?

(not wanting to prolong the WA tangent on this thread the survey cost $75k and was done by a very reputable firm, I do agree though that it is a very long stretch to think we will match the Eagles, well maybe not for a year or two anyway :) !)

Manly fans don't travel, so maybe 2 or 3K from there. Maybe 4 or 5K from the Bunnies, with the rest made up of Coasties (Bears fans, potential Bears fans, and a small number of hard core Bunnies/Manly Central Coast residents)...

Manly got 13K on a Sunday family day at brookvale last week where the weather was dodgy early in the day but OK for the game, hence not much excuse for that figure. Hopefully its not raining Fri nt and the crowd will eclipse that figure.

Should be a good turn out Friday night. I can't make that particular game due to work on Saturday morning but I'll be at the Broncos vs Panthers game with a few people draped in red & black CCbears gear.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

FRIDAY 1ST APRIL
WHERE: Bluetongue Stadium - Souths vs. Manly
TIME : From 6pm (Game starts at 7:30pm)

SATURDAY 2ND APRIL
WHERE: Godford Netball
TIME/VENUE : From 7am / Adcock Park

SATURDAY 2ND APRIL
WHERE: North Sydney Bears vs. Newtown
TIME/VENUE : From 3pm / North Sydney Oval

juro

Bench
I saw my first car with a CC Bears bumper sticker on the weekend. I thought I would have seen more by now, since I live in the Hornsby area.

BDGS

Bench
Central Coast icon ‘Ploddy the Dinosaur’ shows her support for the Central Coast Bears

On Thursday 31st March at 10am Central Coast Bears CEO Greg Florimo & Head of Football Operations David Fairleigh will unveil the new look Ploddy the Dinosaur at the Australian Reptile Park, Somersby.

Ploddy is synonymous with the Central Coast and has been the region’s number one icon since her creation in 1963 and will be decked out in the famous red & black colours of the Central Coast Bears.

“It is quite symbolic that the Bears are looking to enter the NRL is 2013, which is exactly 50 years since Ploddy first started greeting visitors to the Central Coast,” said Greg Florimo, Chief Executive Officer, Central Coast Bears.

“We appreciate all of the support given to the Bears by a large number of businesses such as the Australian Reptile Park, which has shown its support in a many ways including this fantastic opportunity to associate Ploddy with the mighty red & black of the Central Coast Bears.

“Australian Reptile Park is working hard at a number of initiatives, none more vital than its Devil Ark Project,” said Mr Florimo, who is also an ambassador to the project.

The Australian Reptile Park has teamed with leading conservation organisation, the Foundation for Australia’s Most Endangered Species (FAME), to develop Devil Ark - an ambitious breeding program aimed at increasing the numbers of Australia’s iconic, but endangered, Tasmanian Devils.

Devil Ark will be based at a breeding facility in the Barrington Tops of NSW, which opened in November 2010, and from an initial founding group of 48 Tasmanian Devils, a captivity-bred population of 360 devils is anticipated by 2016.

“It is with the backing of community-driven businesses such as the Australian Reptile Park that the Central Coast Bears have been able to gain the support of the local community and push club membership above 6,500,” said Mr. Florimo.

“We have been supported by the Central Coast community for decades and would not be here without their contribution to our business. It’s nice to give back to the community by supporting projects such as the Bears and we wish them the very best in their bid” Said Reptile Park GM Mary Rayner.

Further information, please contact:

Mr Robert Lopez, Marketing Manager – Central Coast Bears
Mobile: 0422 406 132
Ms Libby Bain, Marketing Manager – Australian Reptile Park
Phone: 02 4340 8610

http://centralcoastsports.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1090&Itemid=136

BDGS

Bench
What a surprise he takes it as gospel, a few very important words.

Almost, state they would likely

FMD !!!!!

Who said anything about taking the information as gospel, i just made mention that there was a survey that said it would. Take it for what you like, idc.

New Central Coast Bears foundation sponsors/local business partners announced..
http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/foundation_sponsors_and_members.html

Gosford City Council

Visit Gosford City Council's website by clicking HERE

Central Coast Holden

Here at Central Coast Holden, we strive to provide and maintain, by fair and ethical standards, a high level of service to our customers and to encourage achievement and success for our employees. At Central Coast Holden, we have one simple philosophy; "To provide and maintain, by fair and ethical standards, a high level of service to our customers by extending to them personalised service".

Visit Central Coast Holden's website by clicking HERE

Graham Sharps Carpet Court & Furniture One

Carpet Court & Furniture One Group have enormous bulk buying power and that is passed on to you the customer, with top quality flooring and furniture at extremely competitive prices We offer old fashioned friendly service, priding ourselves in many years of experience. If we don't have what you are looking for, we will do our best to get it for you. We offer a FREE in store Interior Decorating service. All members at Graham Sharp's are working shareholders, so deal with the locals. Come on in and say ''Hi !"

Visit Graham Sharps Carpet Court & Furtnitue One website by clicking HERE

gwhydraulics.jpg

G&W Hudraulics

Bambi

Australian through and through, Bambi is a family company, started 30 years ago at home in Gosford by Peter & Jan Witney. Bambi has since become one of the leading quality manufacturers in Australia with products selling in every state. Still independent, Bambi has established the best reputation for superior quality and fine craftsmanship at the Gosford factory. Bambi holds the prestigious Woolmark Gold label licence and has an Australian Furniture Excellence Award, and a Central Coast Manufacturers Award for innovation in design and manufacture.

Visit Bambi's website by clicking HERE

New Central Coast Bears foundation sponsors/local business partners announced http://www.centralcoastbears.com.au/foundation_sponsors_and_members.html

CommStrat

Established in 1963 and publicly listed since 1986, CommStrat (formerly 900 Degrees) is an experienced publishing and conference company with strong links to business and government sectors. CommStrat, and its subsidiary, Hallmark Editions, are print and online publishers of a range of professional, trade and industry publications in the fields of private equity, local government, roads, environment, infrastructure, defence, irrigation, and Australian history.

Visit CommStrat's website by clicking HERE

LJ Hooker

Over the past 82 years, LJ Hooker has become Australia's best known and most trusted real estate brand. With a franchise network 695 offices strong across Australasia, LJ Hooker sells more than 40,000 properties each year worth over AUD17 billion. We have one of the largest residential sales teams in the industry comprising 3200 sales professionals backed up by over 2000 support team members.

Visit LJ Hooker's website by clicking HERE

Simply Smashing Auto Body Repairs

Simply Smashing uses only the latest robotic arm to restore a car’s chassis to manufacturer’s specifications. Manufacturer designed chassis ‘jig’ frames are used to ensure your car is repaired exactly to its original body specifications. The four jig clamps are lined up with ports in the car’s chassis, then the whole car is stretched by the robotic arm until each jig clamp locks into each port in the chassis. Once locked in, further repair can be done on the body of the vehicle

Visit Simply Smashing's website by clicking HERE

KooGa

KooGa Australia was established in December 1999. Our goal was to develop an innovative and distinctive brand and to create a strong credible brand through customer service and quality. The product range has been developed to fulfil the needs of the modern player and supporter, from technical training and match day equipment and apparel to a superior lifestyle and supporters range. The emphasis remains on design excellence, performance, durability and innovation.

Visit KooGa's website by clicking HERE

BDGS

Bench
What amazes me is not the new sponsors.

It is how there are already a high number of sponsors, and more and more and more just keep jumping on the bandwagon in record numbers. These aren't even major announcements, just extra jumping on board. It's great, more then any other NRL Bid.

Like Ive said over and over the key word is... initiative! It's all good and well to have goals to achieve but unless you take the initiative to get on the front foot and put yourself out there, then it'll always be hard to accomplish your goals.

Through initiative, the Central Coast Bears have set the wheels in motion. Community support, local league support, corporate support, sponsor support and local business support all comes from how much initiative you put into your actions. This is why I'm confident, this is way regardless of what naysayers say I don't care.

This bid has got the courage to take massive steps forward, getting out into the communities and making themselves seen/heard. Saying you will have this or that in the future can never defeat presenting what you have already, now, certified.

Beowulf

Juniors
Tinkler gets Newcastle. No more need to protect the Knights, the NRL's only reservation re the Central Coast......here come the Bears.

the1

Juniors
Does anyone know how I am able to get in contact with the person who operate the CC Bears Facebook page?

Status
Not open for further replies.