What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we played the CC Sg Ball side yesterday and I was a bit confused why they are called Centurions and had Newcastle Knights logos on their jerseys? How come they aren't linked to the CC Bears?

Because at the moment the Central Coast Centurions are affiliated with the Newcastle Knights through the NSWRL/CRL. However like all agreements/contracts that will end very soon and the CC and NS will be directly affiliated with the Central Coast Bears.

Perth Red

Post Whore
if you get in what will be the plan for 2013? Will the HM/SGBall and NSW cup teams transfer to the CC and play as the CC Bears?

if you get in what will be the plan for 2013? Will the HM/SGBall and NSW cup teams transfer to the CC and play as the CC Bears?

Yes, definitely. 2 years ago the Central Coast team came very close to being called the "Cubs" and it even got more votes than any other name. However due to the Newcastle deal, they named their brand Centurions (originally suppose to be Crusaders).

When the CCBears are officially running look for the CC NSWCup to be rebranded either Cubs or Grizzlies with North Sydney staying as the Bears. That's pure speculation for now however.

Just to recap the importance of memberships... the CCBears have over $382, 500 from the 75 foundation memberships sold @ $5100 a piece.

And if $45 was the average spent on normal memberships, they'd have $279,000 from that.

Bringing the total to roughly $661, 500. Just off memberships alone and with more membership drives planned for the next few months, expect that figure to grow drastically.

clarency

Juniors
That's a lot of money to refund if yous don't make it. Not having a go... just saying that yous have proven your point. Perhaps focus the drives on when you are actually announced...

That's a lot of money to refund if yous don't make it. Not having a go... just saying that yous have proven your point. Perhaps focus the drives on when you are actually announced...

People who have paid for memberships understand what they are actually paying for. This is called initiative, to give us the best possible chance you need to be brave and take opportunities as they are presented.

A bid with memberships is a strong indication that they are dead serious and therefore the memberships are a proof that the communities involved want a team so it sends a strong message to the NRL and powers to be.

Saying we should wait until we are announced to start membership drives is silly considering we have shored up all our other loose ends and memberships are such a vital/important part of the game as constantly mentioned by the NRL. Being on a front foot and getting these numbers up are as important, if not more important than shoring up sponsors. Which we have also done.

It also puts the brand/bid out in the community and due to that, the brand becomes more and more entrenched into the very fabric which makes up the communities.

Initiative.. taking steps forward to reach one's goal.

Beowulf

Juniors
Yes, definitely. 2 years ago the Central Coast team came very close to being called the "Cubs" and it even got more votes than any other name. However due to the Newcastle deal, they named their brand Centurions (originally suppose to be Crusaders).

When the CCBears are officially running look for the CC NSWCup to be rebranded either Cubs or Grizzlies with North Sydney staying as the Bears. That's pure speculation for now however.

All true, probably the Cubs for CC NSW Cup and junior reps, NS Bears in the Sydney region, both feeding through into CC Bears Toyota Cup and CC Bears NRL team based at Gosford.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
The only great news to come out of this bid will be when Bears supporters finally accept that they will get a franchise only when a Sydney team folds or merges. NSW does not need an 11th NRL team.

You're talking out of your arse, you idiot.
We've been hearig this sort of crap for over 10 years - you add nothing insightful, new or interesting.

As a superleague club and fans with the worst reputation in the NRL, you'd be better advised to pull your head in and look elsewhere for a wind-up.

Beowulf

Juniors

It's part of the bid to the NRL that these memberships will NOT be refunded. Members are aware of this when they join. It's an act of faith by the Central Coast community and northern Sydney in the Bears and the NRL.

The NRL know our memberships won't be refunded yet they keep telling the Bears to keep selling memberships....read into that as much or as little as you will. There's either going to be a lot of happy people or a lot of very angry ones!

BDGS

Bench
The only great news to come out of this bid will be when Bears supporters finally accept that they will get a franchise only when a Sydney team folds or merges. NSW does not need an 11th NRL team.

I use to think you actually made decision/opinions based on things, but you keep bringing up the same argument that has been discussed tirelessly time and time again. You are obviously trolling in this thread, and such is the case in this thread i will treat you how i treat that other troll in that other thread.

so piss off.

BDGS

Bench
All true, probably the Cubs for CC NSW Cup and junior reps, NS Bears in the Sydney region, both feeding through into CC Bears Toyota Cup and CC Bears NRL team based at Gosford.

I would love for the SG Ball and Harold Matthews to be called cubs because they are kids, the NSW cup team aren't kids. They should be Bears or Grizzlies.

Scarves

Juniors
I'd like to see a team on the Central Coast, and I'd also like to see the Bears back in some form. So the Central Coast Bears kills two bird with one stone for me. I'd also like to see another team based in Sth East Qld, the game and the broadcasters certainly need more Qld options to flog off to a Friday night audience, the current Broncos, Titans, Cowboys is getting tedious especially when all three are mid table or worse.

On a personal note I'd think another Qld team is needed before a Central Coast based club is created. But it does appear on the flip side that the Central Coast Bears are further down the track with progress than any of the Qld bids.

I'm not sure where the WA bid sits, it appears the only thing going for it is the time zone possibilities... well that is all I ever hear, I'm sure there are other aspects to the bid that will benefit the game as a whole.

The favourite at this stage may indeed be no expansion at all, especially with current clubs having a greater say on the future of the game under any independant commission.

BDGS

Bench
I'd like to see a team on the Central Coast, and I'd also like to see the Bears back in some form. So the Central Coast Bears kills two bird with one stone for me. I'd also like to see another team based in Sth East Qld, the game and the broadcasters certainly need more Qld options to flog off to a Friday night audience, the current Broncos, Titans, Cowboys is getting tedious especially when all three are mid table or worse.

On a personal note I'd think another Qld team is needed before a Central Coast based club is created. But it does appear on the flip side that the Central Coast Bears are further down the track with progress than any of the Qld bids.

I'm not sure where the WA bid sits, it appears the only thing going for it is the time zone possibilities... well that is all I ever hear, I'm sure there are other aspects to the bid that will benefit the game as a whole.

The favourite at this stage may indeed be no expansion at all, especially with current clubs having a greater say on the future of the game under any independant commission.

Brings more to the TV deal
Makes the game national
WA third strongest RL state
Strong junior connections
Corporate support
Government support
Sponsors, members, Stadium
Strategic position
Surveys show they will be supported by the same number of ppl as the WC Eagles at least
Plenty more, i can't remember them all

Beowulf

Juniors
I would love for the SG Ball and Harold Matthews to be called cubs because they are kids, the NSW cup team aren't kids. They should be Bears or Grizzlies.

True, no reason I suppose you can't have 2 Bears in the NSW Cup or as a point of difference something Bear related - Grizzlies probably fits the bill.

_Johnsy

Referee
Surveys show they will be supported by the same number of ppl as the WC Eagles

It would be interesting to see this study and the methodology, rationale and questions they used to guage this "support" and what form this "support" would take.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Brings more to the TV deal
Makes the game national
WA third strongest RL state
Strong junior connections
Corporate support
Government support
Sponsors, members, Stadium
Strategic position
Surveys show they will be supported by the same number of ppl as the WC Eagles at least
Plenty more, i can't remember them all

Like Johnsy, I call bullsh*t on the highlighted one. No way in hell would the Reds get close to the Eagles (my AFL team, by the by) in terms of number of fans. They'd struggle to even match the Dockers. WA is first and foremost an AFL state. The large number of Kiwi, Pom, and Saffer expats ensure a decent potential following for the rugby codes, but they will never match AFL for level of interest or support.

clarency

Juniors
People who have paid for memberships understand what they are actually paying for. This is called initiative, to give us the best possible chance you need to be brave and take opportunities as they are presented.

A bid with memberships is a strong indication that they are dead serious and therefore the memberships are a proof that the communities involved want a team so it sends a strong message to the NRL and powers to be.

Saying we should wait until we are announced to start membership drives is silly considering we have shored up all our other loose ends and memberships are such a vital/important part of the game as constantly mentioned by the NRL. Being on a front foot and getting these numbers up are as important, if not more important than shoring up sponsors. Which we have also done.

It also puts the brand/bid out in the community and due to that, the brand becomes more and more entrenched into the very fabric which makes up the communities.

Initiative.. taking steps forward to reach one's goal.

You're misrepresenting my position. I'm not saying don't begin membership drives until you are accepted. I'm saying that the reasons for a membership drive (that you have listed above) at this stage have been fulfilled, so perhaps delay them until you are accepted. My only reason for saying this is that, if you are not accepted, no amount of forum trolling could match the sh*t feeling the CCB's staff are going to experience while they hand out 6k> membership refunds...

It's part of the bid to the NRL that these memberships will NOT be refunded. Members are aware of this when they join. It's an act of faith by the Central Coast community and northern Sydney in the Bears and the NRL.

The NRL know our memberships won't be refunded yet they keep telling the Bears to keep selling memberships....read into that as much or as little as you will. There's either going to be a lot of happy people or a lot of very angry ones!

They are not? I've heard over the news and online several times that the memberships are refunded if the Bears are not accepted. If that has changed it doesn't seem entirely fair to those who initially bought them.. wouldn't it?

Foundation memberships that are $5100 will be refunded, I think you might have mistaken them for general memberships.

clarency

Juniors
Yea that would probably be what has happened. Does make the memberships a bit more valuable then. I'd be mentioning the fact that they are nonrefundable. You can say your fans are passionate all day long, but as the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

Status
Not open for further replies.