What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
Maybe you should move this thread to the 'NSWRL Competitions' section because the Bear's aren't relevant to the NRL now and still won't be in 2013.
That's a real original sledge that one, must've taken you a while to think it up.

Just a question, I heard on the radio yesterday that the Central Coast Bears want to play 4 games a year at North Sydney Oval, is this true? If I lived on the Central Coast I would want the team to play all the games at Gosford, maybe 1 a year as a back to North Sydney Oval day. Personally I think Perth sould be the next side in, large city, new time slot, capital city market and booming economy. If they bring in a second side at the same time it would probabaly be between Central Coast and Brisbane both have adavantages and disadvantages.

That's not true. It's always been one game at nso during the season and another game during preseason. Ray Hadley has been using false information to undermine our bid for awhile now.

That's not true. It's always been one game at nso during the season and another game during preseason. Ray Hadley has been using false information to undermine our bid for awhile now.

Thanks for setting my straight, can't stand that idiot but I was on the way to the Tigers match and hoping for update on Tigers injuries when I heard the stuff about the Bears.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are @

SATURDAY 26TH MARCH
WHERE: McDonald's West Gosford
TIME : 9am - 2pm

WHERE: Harvey Norman Erina
TIME : 9am - 1pm

SUNDAY 27TH MARCH
WHERE: Ourimbah vs. Berowra
TIME/VENUE : 8am / Minnesota Rd Oval, Warnervale

andrew057

First Grade
CC Bears now have 65 Foundation Members @ $5,000 a pop, well on the way to their goal of 100.

Good stuff.

bobmar28

Bench
More great news still to come out of this bid.

The only great news to come out of this bid will be when Bears supporters finally accept that they will get a franchise only when a Sydney team folds or merges. NSW does not need an 11th NRL team.

Jason Maher

Immortal
You're continual deathriding of the Bears bid says more about you than it does about the Bears or their fans...

edit: obviously directed at bobmar28 (the 28 obviously refers to his IQ - see, I can do childish insults too!)

Beowulf

Juniors
The only great news to come out of this bid will be when Bears supporters finally accept that they will get a franchise only when a Sydney team folds or merges. NSW does not need an 11th NRL team.

David Gallop and anyone that can read a map understands that the Central Coast is not part of Sydney. They and the north shore of Sydney are considered a separate market due to:
- no train connections within 2 hrs to any NRL ground in Sydney from CC.
- Bears supporters in general have not switched to other NRL teams, instead they watch Swans or Waratahs, hence the return of the Bears will stiumulate interest in northern Sydney as many come back to the fold.

Therefore, NSW does need another team because this will will be self-sustaining and increase crowds at Sydney venues...unlike all other bidders.

Beowulf

Juniors
More great news for the Bears with a State Coalition victory, meaning we now have CC Bear supporting MP's & councils in every local, state & Federal electorate from Milsons Point to Lake Munmorah.

This ensures the $3.5 m in funding for the new offices/training facilities. The victory in Gosford was especially significant for our chances. Chris Holstein is a HUGE supporter (both literally and figuratively)!

Last edited:
http://express-advocate-wyong.where...-bears-with-5000-to-become-foundation-member/

Gosford Council backs Bears with $5000 to become foundation member

27 Mar 11 @ 01:06am by CATHY STUBBS

1b69601ffed700f5da96b5c4bfaba1b2_resized.jpg

GOSFORD Council has agreed to pay more than $5000 to become a foundation member of the Central Coast Bears.

The council voted unanimously at its meeting on Tuesday night in favour of becoming one of only 100 foundation members backing the Bears bid for inclusion in the 2013 National Rugby League competition.
Mayor Laurie Maher spoke in favour of membership even though the money was not refundable if the 2013 bid failed.

“If this new football team gets up and follows the Mariners in terms of community involvement, it would be a fantastic thing for the Central Coast,” Cr Maher said.

A mayoral minute tabled at the meeting said Central Coast Bears Business Advisory Group had already secured 65 other foundation memberships, and had 5500 paid-up members.

It said the group considered council support a crucial part of its submission to the NRL.

“The success of the Central Coast Mariners in promoting and marketing the coast through sport both nationally and internationally is acknowledged,” the minute said.

“It is expected the Central Coast Bears would provide a similar opportunity to promote and market the Central Coast.”

Perth Red

Post Whore
we played the CC Sg Ball side yesterday and I was a bit confused why they are called Centurions and had Newcastle Knights logos on their jerseys? How come they aren't linked to the CC Bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts