What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would QLD not be a safe expansion?

That is the importance of community engagement, the earlier in the bid the better for the bid in the end. Whether it's membership drives and events like the Central Coast Bears & W.A. Reds or petition signatures like Central Queensland. It's important to test the waters and see the community reaction to the proposed bids.

The more people, the safer the option.

Sydney Roosters vs. Brisbane Broncos..

Saturday 16th April @ 7:30PM Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford.

nrl-r6sydbri.jpg

The NEXT Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
EVENT: Lake Haven Shopping Centre Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am outside Newcastle Permanent

SATURDAY 16TH APRIL
EVENT: Westfield Hornsby Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am on the overpass

BunniesMan

Immortal
And CCB wouldn't put any NSW team at risk?
Well now that the Knights are superrich they are fine, the 2 weakest NSW clubs now are Penrith and Cronulla. Unless you think either team has a significant number of fans in what will be Bears territory, they won't be put at risk.

Infact having another team within driving distance helps the poorer teams. Less travelling, more visiting crowds etc etc.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And CCB wouldn't put any NSW team at risk?

I've always held the believe that the Bears would come in strong and establish themselves well and have a bit of longevity. If, as a result, a weak NSW club (in most minds, this is Cronulla) were to fall over, that's not necessarily a huge loss to the game. It's happened in AFL where Fitzroy, a long-standing club fell over not long after expansion teams came into the game. Painful for some fans, sure - but definitely has worked for the better in sending their game into new and promising locations.

As for comparing CCB putting NSW teams at risk vs BNE2/IPS/CQ putting the Titans at risk - we're talking about very different scenarios. In NSW, if we introduce a team, it's not a massive massive risk to the game to lose a weak NSW side as a result. HOWEVER, in QLD if we add BNE2/IPS/CQ and it results in the Titans (or even the Cowboys) folding - then it's putting the game at risk and making it look very bad. We've had far too much failure on the GC over the 25-odd years that region's been involved in the game, we shouldn't be risking pushing them off the ledge simply for the sake of expansion.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Heard today from someone connected with St George- Illawarra that Cental Coast Bears bid organisers have been told by the NRL that they have missed out .

Anyone from the bid confirm or deny?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yeah maybe...

The source is an ex Premiership winning player from The Dragons with close connections at the club that has given me some good mail in the past...

I guess if its true we will know soon enough...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah maybe...

The source is an ex Premiership winning player from The Dragons with close connections at the club that has given me some good mail in the past...

I guess if its true we will know soon enough...
So that's like 4th hand info?

And how could they be out when it hasn't even been started yet...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Its probably 18th hand let alone 4th hand....

As Ive said it will be easy enought to disprove as people pretty close to the Bid team post here...

He is saying that the meeting has already taken place

t-ba

Post Whore
Exciting times.

tbh, I could stomach an NZ bid or a cohesive, single Brisbane bid getting it over the Bears. As it stands, there's more bids than people in Brisbane and not a peep from across the Tasman. I can see alot of hostility from the bidding regions that missed out in SEQLD towards any victor. In a perfect world, it'd be a couple of strong QRL teams with the support of the other clubs that'd be ideal.

Beowulf

Juniors
:crazy:

Sounds to me like a BNE positive....

The ease of transport in SEQ means anyone who currently is interested in League can access 2 teams w/in 1hr of mass transport, therefore the theory is they will have 'attached' to either Broncos or Titans by now. A new entrant is simply dilution.

Having said that, I agree as with most that SEQ deserves another team soon, but having to wait a few more years will do no damage, whereas delaying a CC entry will due to the completeness of the bid, financial memberships that expire 2012 etc

Beowulf

Juniors
Its probably 18th hand let alone 4th hand....

As Ive said it will be easy enought to disprove as people pretty close to the Bid team post here...

He is saying that the meeting has already taken place

I'm sure its just troublemakers however I have contacted the Bears Manangement and am awaiting a call back. Will post as soon as I get an answer, be it today or tomorrow.

Beowulf

Juniors
OK, good news. Central Coast Bears can advise they have spoken to David Gallop this week and all things are extremely positive. I can only presume that some people, like 1 or 2 commentators, find this development distressing and are trying to start false rumours out of spite and dismay.

Heads up, all Bears fans, our position has never been brighter! :)

Perth Red

Post Whore
How can they have missed out on a bid when bids haven't been called for yet? There does seem to be an increasing tide of doubt about the Bears though from people in the media. I still see no signs from Brisbane2 or Western Corridor that they are pulling up trees with their bid developments. Probably the greatest risk for the Bears is that expansion doesn't happen in 2013 as a 2015 expansion probably favours one of the Brisbane bids being given the time to develop.

Quidgybo

Bench
Probably the greatest risk for the Bears is that expansion doesn't happen in 2013 as a 2015 expansion probably favours one of the Brisbane bids being given the time to develop.
The greatest risk for the Bears is if the television networks say they'll pay the game many millions more for a comp with another Queensland team than one with another NSW team.

Leigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts