What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer the Broncos run goes this year the worse it could be for the CC bid.

If the Broncos have a blinder, the crowds will surge along with the hype and the potential and excitement around a 2nd BNE team could build. Phil Gould will blow his load every Friday night, if the Broncos string some more together it will be "RL heartland" this, "They need a 2nd team" that, etc. etc.

I am not saying this to sh*t on the Bears bid, but the momentum could swing coming closer to the decision time.

Geez man talk about reaching.. why don't you just say that global warming will have major impact on the CCBears bid because if the polar caps melt, Bluetongue will be under water... I mean any reason and excuse is ok to use against the CC bid.

The Broncos have done well for years, just because they had 2 sub-par years and are now back in the winners circles will have no impact on any bids. If anything it'll impact BNE 2 more because they'll use it as an excuse that BNE 2 can potentially dilute the Broncos current fanbase and sponsor hub.

Maybe to test the waters the NRL can schedule an NRL match (not including the Broncos and not including a double header) at Suncorp.. something like Sharks vs Knights stand alone game on a weekend the Broncos and/or Titans play away and no games are in SEQLD.. But then again i guess little tests like this are obviously only applicable to the CC bid...:roll:

applesauce

Bench
Geez man talk about reaching.. why don't you just say that global warming will have major impact on the CCBears bid because if the polar caps melt, Bluetongue will be under water... I mean any reason and excuse is ok to use against the CC bid.

The Broncos have done well for years, just because they had 2 sub-par years and are now back in the winners circles will have no impact on any bids. If anything it'll impact BNE 2 more because they'll use it as an excuse that BNE 2 can potentially dilute the Broncos current fanbase and sponsor hub.

Maybe to test the waters the NRL can schedule an NRL match (not including the Broncos and not including a double header) at Suncorp.. something like Sharks vs Knights stand alone game on a weekend the Broncos and/or Titans play away and no games are in SEQLD.. But then again i guess little tests like this are obviously only applicable to the CC bid...:roll:

Why would they put a Sharks v Knights game in Brisbane?

The CC get Manly v Tigers, FFS an 1.5hours out of Sydney.

Put the Titans v Warriors at Bluetongue and gauge that crowd support. :roll:

I am just saying if the Broncos have a great ride watch the CH9 commentary team lose this sh*t each week and be claiming they need another team.

Why would they put a Sharks v Knights game in Brisbane?

The CC get Manly v Tigers, FFS an 1.5hours out of Sydney.

Put the Titans v Warriors at Bluetongue and gauge that crowd support. :roll:

I am just saying if the Broncos have a great ride watch the CH9 commentary team lose this sh*t each week and be claiming they need another team.

Again, what relevance do the Broncos have on the CC? The Broncos have been on a great ride since 1990 FFS, they already tried to bring in a new team whilst the Broncos were in top notch form, it didn't pan out. By the way the CC has hosted the Titans, Storm and Broncos already. Like I said gauge suncorp with 2 teams that aren't from near by to see the turn out.

1 great Broncos season isn't going to change anything considering the Broncos have had 20 great seasons previously. Bring on the next random irelevant point...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How soon people forget the two previous NRL matches before last night drew 18,108 and 20,059 - the former 2k short of capacity, the latter complete capacity.

BDGS

Bench
In terms of fans or corporates for the Titans? I doubt it will impact on fans.

Crowd numbers and corporate support.

It'll give Titans fans another local derby they can travel to, giving the new team a 35,000 or 40,000 gate they can add to the 50,000 gate they'll get when hosting the Broncos (and their fans).

Leigh

Yes, because the last SEQ derby sold out at didn't it? :sarcasm:

How soon people forget the two previous NRL matches before last night drew 18,108 and 20,059 - the former 2k short of capacity, the latter complete capacity.

how many of those supporters, and the supporters from last night were cc locals, compared to traveling supporters, it would be interesting to know the break down, i think the majority of the crowds would be travelling supporters

Timmah

Staff member
Pathetic.

When the crowd is low "CC locals don't want a team"

When the crowd is packed "it's all the teams playing fans' "

Make up your mind.

Timmah

Staff member
What attempt of a sidestep? You're throwing up the same crap. Why wouldn't the Bears use ANY game on the Central Coast to help further their cause?

You do realise the current club has a connection to Souths and Round 4 was organised with their approval, right?

What attempt of a sidestep? You're throwing up the same crap. Why wouldn't the Bears use ANY game on the Central Coast to help further their cause?

You do realise the current club has a connection to Souths and Round 4 was organised with their approval, right?

if the bears wwant to use the matches as a marketing tool by selling memberships and having fans turn up in their bears jerseys good on them, but claiming, that because 20,000 people turn up,that means that the people of the central coast want the bears,when a fair majority of those supporters are supporting the two teams that are playing, and not interested in, and would not support the bears, is pathetic

you tried the old dazzle them with bullsh*t to further the bid and hope they swallow it........just admit you were wrong and lets move on

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
if the bears wwant to use the matches as a marketing tool by selling memberships and having fans turn up in their bears jerseys good on them, but claiming, that because 20,000 people turn up,that means that the people of the central coast want the bears,when a fair majority of those supporters are supporting the two teams that are playing, and not interested in, and would not support the bears, is pathetic

you tried the old dazzle them with bullsh*t to further the bid and hope they swallow it........just admit you were wrong and lets move on

You make an awful lot of assumptions and with it talk a whole lot of bullsh*t.

Can you quote me where the Bears or any of their supporters or members have claimed that 20,000 people turning up means the CC wants the Bears?

I've often heard that when there's a good game people say "the people up here love their league"... are you trying to say that's somehow a statement not allowed?

As for "me trying to dazzle them with bullsh*t" - I'm merely a member, not part of the bid team. As for "bullsh*t and hope they swallow it", you can't bullsh*t on a bid document and get away with it.

What exactly would they be bullsh*tting anyway? :?

Quidgybo

Bench
It'll give Titans fans another local derby they can travel to, giving the new team a 35,000 or 40,000 gate they can add to the 50,000 gate they'll get when hosting the Broncos (and their fans).

Yes, because the last SEQ derby sold out at didn't it? :sarcasm:

Read it again champ. I didn't say a match against the Gold Coast would sell out, I said it'd get about 35,000 or 40,000 (ie. 15,000 more than Bluetongue can hold). The last derby match in SEQ between two Brisbane sides was in 1996, at the height of the war. Perhaps that match didn't sell out either with the game in the middle of tearing itself apart. But I bet it would go mighty close today.

Leigh

Goddo

Bench
8616 is fantastic given the weather. A Mariners game in that weather would've struggled to crack 4k.

Wat?

It was an aweful crowd, but the Roosters struggle to draw anyone to Broncos games... at least it was over 8k.

On all the fighting about CC crowds, hillbilly is right to a point - a large part of the crowd would be there to see their team play, some of them being CC locals. Especially that Wests game last year... a LOT of people travelled from Sydney for that one.

But that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be support of a local team.

It would be safe to assume the Bears would average somewhere between 12-14k, higher in their first season or if they were unbeatable, and lower than 12k if they sucked.

But, the NRL doesn't really need another team drawing a low gate in NSW. Already got plenty of those.

Beowulf

Juniors
Wat?

It was an aweful crowd, but the Roosters struggle to draw anyone to Broncos games... at least it was over 8k.

On all the fighting about CC crowds, hillbilly is right to a point - a large part of the crowd would be there to see their team play, some of them being CC locals. Especially that Wests game last year... a LOT of people travelled from Sydney for that one.

But that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be support of a local team.

It would be safe to assume the Bears would average somewhere between 12-14k, higher in their first season or if they were unbeatable, and lower than 12k if they sucked.

But, the NRL doesn't really need another team drawing a low gate in NSW. Already got plenty of those.

The Bears have advised their crowd projections to the NRL who have agreed with their assessment - average will be over 15K. Breakeven at bluetongue is around 12K.

The Bears promote only South Sydney home games at Bluetonge due to the close links between the Clubs.

Of the 8+K crowd at Bluetongue, estimates are 2K travelling Roosters, a couple of hundred broncos, and 6K CC locals, made up of mostly neutrals with a few local CC Roosters fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts