What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

applesauce

Bench
Not a member of the Brisbane 2 bid?

Are they available yet?

I am a member of the same bids as yourself. I have not signed the CQ petition though :p

No, they are not.

I don't think they will be till they are admitted TBH.

I say "are" to explain the point, not to be arrogant. ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm a member of the CC Bears, about to renew shortly actually.

Cranky Sod

Juniors
CCBears @ 6621 financial members.

bluetongue_main_left.jpg

Well done Bears, thats more than current NRL club Penrith, who only have 6242.

The NEXT Central Coast Bears membership drive is tomorrow @

MONDAY 25th APRIL
EVENT: Gosford Race Club - Membershp Drive
TIME : From 10am

beads6

First Grade
Would be great to have the Bears back in the comp, not sure how it will happen but I hope it does.

Would be great to crack the 7000 member mark!

Definitely. It was hardwork and dedication that got us to 5000 by March (which was the original goal). To have almost 7000 by the end of April is a tremendous job by all the volunteers and bid team.

Another good day for the Central Coast Bears membership drive with the stall selling out of Jersey's and almost selling all their other merchandise. That comes on top of another 50 odd new members. Not too bad considering the weather @ the CC Race Carnival was horrid.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The same Bobmar as has been posting here?

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/04/26/theres-a-bear-in-there-the-central-coast-and-anzac-day/
By Johnsy Bobmar April 26th 2011 (6 hours ago)

There’s a Bear in there: the Central Coast and ANZAC Day
As a rugby league tragic, I like to think that I’m Mr Know-It-All when it comes to the game. The reality of it is that I am just another jack of all trades with his opinion. Sometimes right, most times wrong, but never shy about a good argument.
For the last 3 months, I have been honking the loudest about expansion into South-East Queensland.
When the NRL looks to expand in possibly 2013, I thoroughly thought that the two licenses should go to Perth and a choice between Brisbane, Ipswich, and central Queensland.
All these regions have bids in place. Ipswich has two. And even though the general public support isn’t there yet, I believed wholeheartedly that one of these fine Queensland areas should be home to an NRL team (or in Brisbane’s case, a second one).
Then I went to Darwin for ANZAC Day and my entire view of expansion changed. What I saw in the dawn morning service was a man and his boy, silent and showing their respect to the great men and women who fought for our country.
Both happened to be wearing Central Coast Bears jerseys, and I started to get curious. So I went and greeted the gentleman, and after sparking up a conversation, the topic eventually on the Central Coast bid.
I was convinced that the Bears were a bad idea and wouldn’t happen, but as I found out, my lack of knowledge concerning the bid had formed my attitude.
The gentleman said that he lived in Darwin, grew up in Brisbane and had supported the Bears all his life. He said his son, whom was only 8, had obviously never seen the Bears play in the NRL, but somehow they were his favourite team.
As we chatted on, I asked why he had chosen to wear a Bears jersey to the dawn service.
The gentleman replied that his grandfather died in World War II, and had been a member of the North Sydney Bears reserves team during the late 1930s.
After telling me about others in his family who had played for the Bears at some stage or another in various grades, he explained that the Central Coast Bears had been the manifestation that attitude of never say die, never give in, never surrender and fight til the very end for what you believe in and love.
Much like the great men and women who served Australia during the wars.
We came to the agreement that rugby league is a great way to unite people and communities, to bring families together and enjoy the little important things in life.
He mentioned that the Central Coast Bears had something like 6700 financial members and that they represent a united cause. Like the diggers, these Bears tragics are fighting for what they believe in, what they love.
I was surprised to find out that a team whom had seemingly died a decade ago still had such a following. He said that if the NRL abandoned the Central Coast Bears now, to their fans, it would be like Australia abandoning our diggers.
He said Australia would never do that, because that’s not the Australian way. I am now a converted fan and I have even placed an order for my own Central Coast Bears membership. I want to fight alongside this gentleman.
If he won’t give up on the Central Coast Bears, then neither will I.
I hope the NRL don’t either.

The same Bobmar as has been posting here?

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/04/26/theres-a-bear-in-there-the-central-coast-and-anzac-day/
By Johnsy Bobmar April 26th 2011 (6 hours ago)

There’s a Bear in there: the Central Coast and ANZAC Day
As a rugby league tragic, I like to think that I’m Mr Know-It-All when it comes to the game. The reality of it is that I am just another jack of all trades with his opinion. Sometimes right, most times wrong, but never shy about a good argument.
For the last 3 months, I have been honking the loudest about expansion into South-East Queensland.
When the NRL looks to expand in possibly 2013, I thoroughly thought that the two licenses should go to Perth and a choice between Brisbane, Ipswich, and central Queensland.
All these regions have bids in place. Ipswich has two. And even though the general public support isn’t there yet, I believed wholeheartedly that one of these fine Queensland areas should be home to an NRL team (or in Brisbane’s case, a second one).
Then I went to Darwin for ANZAC Day and my entire view of expansion changed. What I saw in the dawn morning service was a man and his boy, silent and showing their respect to the great men and women who fought for our country.
Both happened to be wearing Central Coast Bears jerseys, and I started to get curious. So I went and greeted the gentleman, and after sparking up a conversation, the topic eventually on the Central Coast bid.
I was convinced that the Bears were a bad idea and wouldn’t happen, but as I found out, my lack of knowledge concerning the bid had formed my attitude.
The gentleman said that he lived in Darwin, grew up in Brisbane and had supported the Bears all his life. He said his son, whom was only 8, had obviously never seen the Bears play in the NRL, but somehow they were his favourite team.
As we chatted on, I asked why he had chosen to wear a Bears jersey to the dawn service.
The gentleman replied that his grandfather died in World War II, and had been a member of the North Sydney Bears reserves team during the late 1930s.
After telling me about others in his family who had played for the Bears at some stage or another in various grades, he explained that the Central Coast Bears had been the manifestation that attitude of never say die, never give in, never surrender and fight til the very end for what you believe in and love.
Much like the great men and women who served Australia during the wars.
We came to the agreement that rugby league is a great way to unite people and communities, to bring families together and enjoy the little important things in life.
He mentioned that the Central Coast Bears had something like 6700 financial members and that they represent a united cause. Like the diggers, these Bears tragics are fighting for what they believe in, what they love.
I was surprised to find out that a team whom had seemingly died a decade ago still had such a following. He said that if the NRL abandoned the Central Coast Bears now, to their fans, it would be like Australia abandoning our diggers.
He said Australia would never do that, because that’s not the Australian way. I am now a converted fan and I have even placed an order for my own Central Coast Bears membership. I want to fight alongside this gentleman.
If he won’t give up on the Central Coast Bears, then neither will I.
I hope the NRL don’t either.

Good article. Don't know how I missed it.

Knightmare

Coach
I must admit, if it is indeed bobmar, I am going to miss his ludicrous "There are too many NSW teams!" rants. At the same time, if even someone like him can change his mind about the Bears bid, then there goes an even stronger case for their re-admission.

I must admit, if it is indeed bobmar, I am going to miss his ludicrous "There are too many NSW teams!" rants. At the same time, if even someone like him can change his mind about the Bears bid, then there goes an even stronger case for their re-admission.

Regardless of who wrote it, Bobmar or another dude using a similar name, it highlights something which many people having been missing out when mentioning the Central Coast Bears. This bid is for so much more than just a football team, there a people who have dedicated their entire lives for the last 3 years for this cause. Families whom have poured huge amounts of money, time & effort into this bid. The Central Coast Bears represent something alot bigger than just another football club for so many people.

It's history, it's generations, it's families, it's the past and the future.

Quidgybo

Bench
It's history, it's generations, it's families, it's the past and the future.
Fine, I'm sold. I want the Bears back in ASAP. Just not at the expense of an expansion license and an eleventh team based in the corridor between Newcastle and Wollongong.

Leigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.