What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Fine, I'm sold. I want the Bears back in ASAP. Just not at the expense of an expansion license and an eleventh team based in the corridor between Newcastle and Wollongong.

Leigh.

Very contradicting, unless you are now wanting to kill off a current NSW team.

Which is very risky.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The passion and dedication of the Bears bid members and supporters is outstanding. It is a bid built from the grass roots up and is head and shoulders above every other bid, especially those in QLD which appear quite hollow to me.

If they are not included in the expansion it would be the biggest disgrace in RL

Reds and Bears for me, the queensland bids can suck eggs until next time

Beowulf

Juniors
Very emotional reading that article. I've spoken to Greg Florimo about why he is doing this (Bears bid), and he feels he has a moral duty to try his hardest for everyone who has worked, played, supported, volunteered for the Club over the past 103 years.

Flo is the heart and soul of all the good things about Rugby League. The NRL has a choice - to embrace this passion and decency or reject it. If they chose the latter path, the game has lost its identity.

BDGS

Bench
Very emotional reading that article. I've spoken to Greg Florimo about why he is doing this (Bears bid), and he feels he has a moral duty to try his hardest for everyone who has worked, played, supported, volunteered for the Club over the past 103 years.

Flo is the heart and soul of all the good things about Rugby League. The NRL has a choice - to embrace this passion and decency or reject it. If they chose the latter path, the game has lost its identity.

I agree with this.

Red Bear

Referee
Fortunately we have alot of other points besides emotion backing up our bid, because you need more than pure emotion to get a bid over the line.

I can empathise with the article, however. My family has supported the club since the day dot, Great Grandfather would've been about 16 when the club (and game) began, and the family has been supporting the club since then. When my dad was growing up him and my grandpa would pick up my great grandfather (thermos in toe) to take him along to the game. When I was younger it was grandpa dad and myself, last game i went to in 99 was with my grandpa. I got emotional sitting in the same spot when i went along a few years ago cos it was the first time i'd been to NSO since grandpa died last year.

When a club is in your blood like that the idea, however slim it still appears to be, of them returning to the game you love is something you want to hold onto.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree with this.

So do I, it is up to the NRL to do what is best for the NRL and its clubs, not what they should do to right a wrong done in the past. Sentiment doesn't pay the bills. Fortunately for the Bears they have many other boxes ticked and sentiment doesn't come into it, still makes for a good story on ANZAC day I suppose!

The Central Coast Bears Community Watch

The lovely fillies at the races.

Sunshine, rain & snow, the Central Coast Bears membership drive volunteers will work regardless of the weather or obstacles thrown in front.

CCBears fan with Entrance Tigers & Wyong Kangaroo's coaches James Forbers (Tigs) and ex-Bear/Eel Paul Stringer (Kang)

The Ourimbah-Wyoming Magpies JRLFC (Central Coast) and the Berowra Wallabies JRLFC (North Sydney) showcasing what the Central Coast Bears NRL bid is all about.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

SATURDAY 30th APRIL
EVENT: Westfield Tuggerah - Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am

SUNDAY 1st MAY
EVENT: North Sydney Bears vs. Wests Magpies
TIME & VENUE: From 3pm at North Sydney Oval

The next Central Coast Bears membership drives are on @

SATURDAY 30th APRIL
EVENT: Westfield Tuggerah - Membership Drive
TIME : From 9am

SUNDAY 1st MAY
EVENT: North Sydney Bears vs. Wests Magpies
TIME & VENUE: From 3pm at North Sydney Oval

Hopefully we get abit of sun shine during the weekend. Brisbane is starting to break into a beautiful sunny day after a couple days straight of wet. Hope North Shore & the Central Coast follows soon enough. Shaping up as a great weekend, the Norths vs Wests game will have plenty of grunt.

Membership drives should be very productive and we will be re-stocking jerseys and supporter t-shirts after selling out during the last couple of membership drives. They're quite popular amongst locals. Within a few weeks, there should be as much merchandise going around the CC as bumper sticker.

Go the Bears.

smithie

Juniors
On the Sunday Footy Show this morning the "Central Coast Sharks" idea was brought up again. Paul Gallen was guest panelist and said it is something we will now need to look at.

beave

Coach
God I wish this shit can get sorted out with the Sharks, moving to Gosford isn't going to work.

Goddo

Bench
I dont think the Sharks can merge with either Central Coast or Perth - their identities are too defined at this point.

Salvation for the Sharks lies interstate - either some sort of South East Queensland side (Sunshine Coast probably the best fit), Adelaide or Wellington. This is where the "fish" are that the NRL needs for the next TV deal negotiations.

The problem is that Adelaide and Wellington would require years of prep work to enact a relocation. A merger with one of the Brisbane bids maybe?

They won't survive in the Shire, that much is clear. Bandaid fixes will only keep them going so long.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBH I dont think they are that good an organisation to make of a success of going to a tough market like Adelaide or Wellington. There only hope is to move to a RL area that has a ready made market waiting for them. They can't make a success in RL heartland so it is unlikely they are going to have the business nouce to be able to grow a following in a non RL city. Central Queensland or Gosford (if Bears are knocked back again) are the obvious spots imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.