What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigskin

Juniors
Save your money people, the bears are no hope of having a side anytime soon. There i've said it. :shock:

Oink !

Save your money people, the bears are no hope of having a side anytime soon. There i've said it. :shock:

Oink !

Too late 6500 people have signed on as members. 40+ local businesses have signed on as sponsors and partners. 7 major sponsors have started pumping money in already. Labour has already given $100,000 and Liberals have given $3.5 million. There i've said it.

clarency

Juniors
I can't help but think you are dodging the point here RBB.

You're arguing that Bears have a much larger presense than Sharks on the Central Coast. But what's being asserted is that if the CCB are rejected, arguably leaving the Bears with 0% chance of ever returning to the NRL, would they (you) accept a relocated Sharks?

I can't help but think you are dodging the point here RBB.

You're arguing that Bears have a much larger presense than Sharks on the Central Coast. But what's being asserted is that if the CCB are rejected, arguably leaving the Bears with 0% chance of ever returning to the NRL, would they (you) accept a relocated Sharks?

No, I think you are missing the point completely.

The Central Coast Bears are a community based bid. The money which has been spent on the Central Coast by the Bears from resources to charity to league programs dwarfs that of most current teams within their own communities.

If a community based bid is rejected then a few years later, a team which has had nothing to do with the area suddenly rocks up to the door step asking for a quick dollar.. how do you think the community will respond, considering how much work went into THEIR bid initially? People are talking with their wallets when it comes to the Central Coast Bears.

I thought with the CCBears naysayers that it's all about money and adding it to the game. Well wake up fools, thats exactly what the Central Coast Bears are doing with their membership drives, promotion of the game and bringing in new sponsors into the game

I think the facts and figures provide a resounding answer on this. The Bears have had establishments on the CC since 1908. The move for relocation was initiated in 1990, full relocation started in 1997. The stadium was purposely built for the Bears. They are rights involved due to that.

Juniors clubs, schools, businesses, local media and both political sides are all behind the Central Coast Bears bid. If after 10 years, people still don't realize that the Central Coast Bears will keep fighting then there's not much more I can say.

The Bears are the Central Coast and the Central Coast is the Bears.

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
If the CC can only accept the Bears then i hope their petty attitude towards the NRL and RL means they miss out this time and therefor forever.

A full relocation WILL work, your acting like we are talking about a team in Geelong. This is "RL Heartland" (apparently) if a team commits 100% whether that is the Bears, Sharks or Broncos they should be happy and support THEIR new CC team in whatever form it comes in, as long it is a true CC team (and the Bears are debatable, 2 games a N.Syd oval...).

If the CC can only accept the Bears then i hope their petty attitude towards the NRL and RL means they miss out this time and therefor forever.

A full relocation WILL work, your acting like we are talking about a team in Geelong. This is "RL Heartland" (apparently) if a team commits 100% whether that is the Bears, Sharks or Broncos they should be happy and support THEIR new CC team in whatever form it comes in, as long it is a true CC team (and the Bears are debatable, 2 games a N.Syd oval...).

Oh WOOOOOW.. 1 pre season trail game and 1 heritage round game at NSO and suddenly the Central Coast Bears are a debatable CC team..

-Regardless of how much time and effort is being spent on the CC.

-Regardless of how many CC based fans and volunteers there are.

-Regardless of how many CC based businesses are sponsors of the Bears bid.

-Regardless of the fact that the CCDRL, CRL and all clubs in the region endorse the Bears bid.

-Regardless of the fact the Central Coast Bears have more major sponsors than a current Sharks team.

-Regardless of the fact that the Central Coast Bears bid has equity and shored up funds for a Sports Center & HQ, before that Bluetongue Stadium with Norths.

-Regardless of the fact 75% of the members and some of the biggest CCBEARS bid diehards live on the CC.

That must mean that the Rabbitohs arent a true Sydney team because they take a game to Perth.. or the Titans aren't a 100% Gold Coast team because they take 1 season game and all major finals games to Brisbane.. .

Will you haters stop at nothing to try and pick insignificant points?

Seriously, if you guys put in as much effort into your favorite bids, as you do coming in here knocking the Central Coast Bears bid then your respected bids might have actually done something significant by now.

By the way the BEARS ARE A FULL RELOCATION, by ever single definition of the word. Built from the ground up with community involvement and approval.

PS Stop taking fans opinions on a fricken internet forum as an official Central Coast Bears stance. If you want to know the genuine answers, then as Ive said countless of times already.. CONTACT THEM and stop assuming SO MUCH CRAP!.

A simple "no" will do.

If I write a simple no, you will ask for more information on my answer. So I'll just give you all the information as the answer, so the debate doesnt go around in circles, as has happened a few times now.

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
Not really... I actually don't care. Merely clarifying a previous question. It seems as though the lack of CCB support is taking it's toll as you seem to take the defensive stance veeeerrryyy quickly nowadays.

ozjet1

from a values, heartland, community-mad rugby league population, the bears on the Central coast are a good fit.

the problem tho, is they dont add any ecomomical value to the competition. they're virtually the sydney or newcastle market in terms of audience so they will not be bringing anything new that the NRL can use in negotiations with networks.

ANother Brisbane team..............shore up SE QLD and give those viewers and advertisers more choice up there.

The expansion market would be Perth.

How many concsecutive below average on-field and off-field seasons do Cronulla have in them before they really start feeling the pinch?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think Bears will be in, but as a replacement for Cronulla eventually rather than as part of a 2013 expansion. I can't see Sharks going anywhere other than bust. Their hopes are pinned on the redevelopment, if that doesn't happen they will be gone with a few years imo and the CC Bears will be brought in to replace them. This is presuming one of the Q'land bids can make a compelling case.

Pigskin

Juniors
read the 2 posts above Red&PinkTeddy ... they speak the truth ... your passion is compelling but futile. :?

Oink !

Quidgybo

Bench
The Northern Eagles (Manly in a Bear suit) are proof the Coast wants their own team, not a half-arsed attempt at relocation.
But the Northern Eagles aren't proof that the Coast wouldn't accept a full-arsed attempt at relocation (or a local bid team running their club under the license, name and colours purchased from an existing NRL team).

Leigh

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hypocritical much?
1032 pm
Please elaborate?
1116 pm
I would, if i could remember what i was thinking but then.

Cold is going around atm, sorry mate.
1125 pm poor old bear, lost his memory in the space of 53 minutes
:lol::lol::lol:

If the Norths people care so much about the CC and the community surely they'd have no problem with cronulla going there.

The stumbling block for norths reinstatement into the competition is that although it will be great for them it will be less than ideal for the NRL. Sad but true for norths fans. FTR I don't think cronulla will move anywhere, unfortunately for their loyal fans the sharks ship is being run into the ground.

bobmar28

Bench
If the CC want a RL team beggars can't be choosers.

This is BEARS fans that don't want the Sharks on the coast. If they wanted to support a RL team and follow the game with their own true team, if done right they have no excuse not to support it.

Yet another reason this bid seems to be more North Sydney Bears than CC.

I would be happy if the Sharks moved to Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast or CQLD. Probably be under a different name due to the lack of Sharks (in BNE & CQLD) but that is a simple problem to fix.

A lack of sharks in QLD?

Goddo

Bench
I think Bears will be in, but as a replacement for Cronulla eventually rather than as part of a 2013 expansion. I can't see Sharks going anywhere other than bust. Their hopes are pinned on the redevelopment, if that doesn't happen they will be gone with a few years imo and the CC Bears will be brought in to replace them. This is presuming one of the Q'land bids can make a compelling case.

I think you are spot on Red. I also think that would be the "best" outcome for the game too - the only negative is losing the Sharks colours/logo/brand.

But they could still relocate and regenerate like the Bears have done.

bobmar28

Bench
There is no need for a 10th team in the Sydney region. The only hope for the Bears is if the Sharks merge with someone. Eastern Suburbs Sharks?

Roosters and Sharks merge. Roosters get a better name and some juniors. They gain a massive geographical area from Bondi to Cronulla.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Juniors
The Sharks were told in 2009 they would not be able to relocate to the Central Coast by the NRL. Since then the Bears have entrenched themselves even further, so this is a non-issue.

Hopefully if the choice is relocate or die, they can keep a Sharks brand somewhere else - marketable brands such as Bears and Sharks make economic sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts