What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
If the CC can only accept the Bears then i hope their petty attitude towards the NRL and RL means they miss out this time and therefor forever.

A full relocation WILL work, your acting like we are talking about a team in Geelong. This is "RL Heartland" (apparently) if a team commits 100% whether that is the Bears, Sharks or Broncos they should be happy and support THEIR new CC team in whatever form it comes in, as long it is a true CC team (and the Bears are debatable, 2 games a N.Syd oval...).

If a full relocation WILL work, then the obvious place is relocation to QLD - Reds and Bears have staked their claims and won community endorsement whereas the QLD bids being so new have no names/jerseys/members/community involvement etc (CQLD excluded from that).

The NRL told the Sharks in 2009 Central Coast relocation was off the table anyway, so it won't be CC Sharks.

lockyrulz

Juniors
If a full relocation WILL work, then the obvious place is relocation to QLD - Reds and Bears have staked their claims and won community endorsement whereas the QLD bids being so new have no names/jerseys/members/community involvement etc (CQLD excluded from that).

The NRL told the Sharks in 2009 Central Coast relocation was off the table anyway, so it won't be CC Sharks.

And how much of that community would go, 'oh well we got the sharks instead of the bears, but hell really whatever, a teams a team and its ours now.

One thing that is repeatedly lost on these forums is that most league followers arent hardcore fans like you. They just love watching a game of footy. They really arent that worried if the logo has a shark or a bear on it.

Not really... I actually don't care. Merely clarifying a previous question. It seems as though the lack of CCB support is taking it's toll as you seem to take the defensive stance veeeerrryyy quickly nowadays.

Lack of support?:sarcasm: Are you that dilusional?:sarcasm:

Bobmar28
Loyckrulz
Goddo
AlwaysGreen
Applesauce
PigSkin
Clarency..

Yes obviously this hate brigade carries more weight on the subject then:sarcasm:

Wayne Bennett
Wayne Pearce
Joe Hockey MP
Chris Molstein (Mayor of Gosford)
Steve Crawley (head of Sports @ 9)
Andrew Johns [go to www.centralcoastbears.com.au to find out what these guys have in common]
the 6700 financial members... and the 24, 600 registered fans

YOU SHOULD REALLY think twice before you post once.

Community. Memberships. Equity. Sponsors. All strong, all shored up, all committed.

read the 2 posts above Red&PinkTeddy ... they speak the truth ... your passion is compelling but futile.

Oink !

Really? I’ve got 10 years worth of facts, articles, quotes regarding the Central Coast Bears on my side. I’ve got firsthand experience of the Central Coast rugby league scene, of the Central Coast community. What do you guys have? No substance? Repetitive jive? Maybe you should skim through the thread. I’ve provided all the information. Whether you guys are too incompetent to actually read it or not before basing your assumptions, that’s your problem.

But the Northern Eagles aren't proof that the Coast wouldn't accept a full-arsed attempt at relocation (or a local bid team running their club under the license, name and colours purchased from an existing NRL team).

Leigh
Are you saying that history is lying to us? Are you telling me that the Eagles weren’t proof of a half arsed attempt not accepted by the community? Who came to the CC for quick cash then fled back to Brookvale? I was there about during this time. I saw the whole bloody thing unravel before my very eyes.
If the Norths people care so much about the CC and the community surely they'd have no problem with cronulla going there.

The stumbling block for norths reinstatement into the competition is that although it will be great for them it will be less than ideal for the NRL. Sad but true for norths fans. FTR I don't think cronulla will move anywhere, unfortunately for their loyal fans the sharks ship is being run into the ground.
Yes, let’s spend years working on a project and invest millions of dollars into it. Only for a team who has neglected it’s own resources and community to come up here and make a quick dollar. Let’s get thousands to get behind the Bears bid, all the sponsors and all the local businesses/schools, only for us to say “**** you, you can have this team instead who have done bugger all in the region, sure they’ll take your money and most likely be back at Shark Park before you know it.. but we appreciate the take and rape of the area”.

No, the relocation offer to the Central Coast is COMPLETELY off the table. Any team that invests in the area, the money has to come from their own wallet *cough*BEARS*cough*. What are the Sharks going pay with? Coles coupons?

And how much of that community would go, 'oh well we got the sharks instead of the bears, but hell really whatever, a teams a team and its ours now.

One thing that is repeatedly lost on these forums is that most league followers arent hardcore fans like you. They just love watching a game of footy. They really arent that worried if the logo has a shark or a bear on it.

Game lost 40,000 weekly fans. Gallops words, not mine.

Again, you got no clue. The sponsors, investors and businesses whom have jumped on board of the Central Coast Bears bid have done so because of the, THAT’S RIGHT.. The Bears brand and it’s connection with the North Shore. Like it has been mentioned time and time again in this thread. Catch up.

You guys are going around in circles.:crazy: This Sharks talk started in 2008, got completely extinguised by the NRL themselves.. now one dude with no relevance to the Sharks, Bears, CC or expansion brings it up on the footyshow (because they always get it right:roll:) and you haters go into a frenzy. Ironically, like Sharks. Give me a break. Your reasons and excuses are running out, you guys jump onto anything that is anti-CCBears in hope one of us with insight into the bid will slip up and be cornered. Not going to happen.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lack of support? Are you that dilusional?

Bobmar28
Loyckrulz
Goddo
AlwaysGreen
Applesauce
PigSkin
Clarency..

Yes obviously this hate brigade carries more weight.....
RBB, I do not hate the bears, but I will not be swayed by norths propoganda. North Sydney are using the CC to get back into the competition. I have no problem with that either, but it is the reason why the bid is not a lay down misere. Despite the 'community engagement' the CC people are not convinced about what norths motives are.

Just because someone does not believe in your line of thinking does not mean they hate.

No, the relocation offer to the Central Coast is COMPLETELY off the table. Any team that invests in the area, the money has to come from their own wallet *cough*BEARS*cough*. What are the Sharks going pay with? Coles coupons?.
You're letting emotion cloud your comprehension. Nowhere did I post that financial incentives were still available. The NRL nixed the Sharks going to the CC by removing the financial incentive. The NRL did not prevent the club from considering relocating to any area, including the coast, off their own bat.

adamkungl

Immortal
There is no need for a 10th team in the Sydney region. The only hope for the Bears is if the Sharks merge with someone. Eastern Suburbs Sharks?

Roosters and Sharks merge. Roosters get a better name and some juniors. They gain a massive geographical area from Bondi to Cronulla.

:lol: f**k you're a nuffy. Stop posing it as a question like it's some new, original thought you've just had.

applesauce

Bench
I think you are spot on Red. I also think that would be the "best" outcome for the game too - the only negative is losing the Sharks colours/logo/brand.

But they could still relocate and regenerate like the Bears have done.

Brisbane Sharks doesn't exactly seem to fit... I realise Broncos don't either but when I think of Sharks in an NRL context I think the Shire, a beach, the ocean etc not a CBD/urban metropolis.

applesauce

Bench

I have no problems with that. See I am not a BEARS supporter I am a RL supporter.

I just don't think the Sharks will fall over before the next TV deal, and the IMO the Bears will miss out on expansion. So where to from there?

If it was a CC bid they would want any license they could get (assuming they miss out in 2013). The fact you guys are picky about the Logo the team has shows how much this is a Bears only bid and CC is just the base of the team because it's the only way you feel you can get in the comp.

Goddo

Bench
^ two options, merge Bears and Sharks, or drop Sharks to NSW Cup (can be a Souths, St George, Easts or Canterbury feeder club?) and bring in Central Coast.

This is one of two issues that will hurt big time the chances of the Bears - the TV deal, and the mess of clubs already in NSW.

The fact you guys are picky about the Logo the team has shows how much this is a Bears only bid and CC is just the base of the team because it's the only way you feel you can get in the comp.

No the FACT is the Bears are the one's whom invested heavily on the Central Coast and even the residents can see this. Because we are gathering resounding support. We helped built their stadium, we are bringing them a State of the Art Sports Center, we are the ones out in the community. Giving back to schools and juniors clubs, while putting alot of hardwork into initiatives.

To relocate properly you have to establish foundations, you have to spend some $$. Which the BEARS have and with blessings from political and business heavies on the CC we are entrenched as their team and part of the community.

If the Sharks can't afford to stay in their own area, then how on earth can they afford to move elsewhere?? Put simply, they can't.

Next.

Southern Sharks - 10 Home games in Adelaide and 2 in the Shire
Western Panthers - 10 Home games in Perth and 2 in Penrith
...then all thats left is to do is piss off the bears bid and hyphenate Central Coast in instread of Warringah as Manly's team name

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No the FACT is the Bears are the one's whom invested heavily on the Central Coast and even the residents can see this. Because we are gathering resounding support. We helped built their stadium, we are bringing them a State of the Art Sports Center, we are the ones out in the community. Giving back to schools and juniors clubs, while putting alot of hardwork into initiatives.

To relocate properly you have to establish foundations, you have to spend some $$. Which the BEARS have and with blessings from political and business heavies on the CC we are entrenched as their team and part of the community.

If the Sharks can't afford to stay in their own area, then how on earth can they afford to move elsewhere?? Put simply, they can't.

Next.
Please don't pretend that Norths are a benevolent organisation shining their love on the CC because they love the central coast. Norths have put in because the coast is the only way back in.

As I said before, if norths loved the central coast community so much their supporters would have no problem with another team relocating there. The fact is that norths only give a tinker's cuss about the CC because its their ticket back in. If the bid fails norths will be nowhere to be seen down gosford way.

This community engagement stuff is getting old. Time for a new buzzword.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL didn't have the cash to pay out the relocation offer. When it looked like Sharks might take it up they pulled the deal as they couldn't pay for it! With a $1billion TV deal it may come back on the table.

BunniesMan

Immortal
...then all thats left is to do is piss off the bears bid and hyphenate Central Coast in instread of Warringah as Manly's team name
polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

Two words. Northern Eagles. Dumbest idea ever. Doing it twice is just stupidity.

Goddo

Bench

Globo Sharks

2 Games in Rio
2 Games in Munich
2 Games in Beijing
2 Games in Mumbai
2 Games in Vancouver
2 Games in Adelaide.

Fixed.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

Two words. Northern Eagles. Dumbest idea ever. Doing it twice is just stupidity.
Double that facepalm and direct it at yourself. His post is saying that if the bears are unsuccessful then Manly should then 'engage the community' of the CC, not merge with norths.

NRL didn't have the cash to pay out the relocation offer. When it looked like Sharks might take it up they pulled the deal as they couldn't pay for it! With a $1billion TV deal it may come back on the table.

Wrong, wrong & wrong. They always had the $8 million for relocation. However when they saw through the Sharks intentions and them just taking games to the CC for that $8mil and a few quick dollars, thats when the NRL took it off the table. So clubs couldn't abuse it, in the case they were running broke. This coincides with the Florimo led Central Coast Bears bid growing from an idea to an establishment.

Last edited:
Please don't pretend that Norths are a benevolent organisation shining their love on the CC because they love the central coast. Norths have put in because the coast is the only way back in.

As I said before, if norths loved the central coast community so much their supporters would have no problem with another team relocating there. The fact is that norths only give a tinker's cuss about the CC because its their ticket back in. If the bid fails norths will be nowhere to be seen down gosford way.

This community engagement stuff is getting old. Time for a new buzzword.

How can the community engagement stuff be getting old when it's such an important aspect not only for the Central Coast Bears bid but ALL clubs in general and not just in the NRL either.:lol:

If the bid were the fail, there's plan b), plan c) and plan d).

Again you got no clue about the bid still and it's quite pathetic actually, you are always one of the first to add your opinions but one of the last to actually read into the information I post in regards to the bid itself.

Norths cared about the CC back in 1908 numbnuts:lol:... Norths cared about CC in the late 80's/early 90's when they were financially strong:lol:. Norths cared about the CC in 1997 when it approved to help fund Bluetongue (even though we didn't need to move:lol:, we chose to move for the greater good of the GAME). We cared about the CC in 1999 when we officially moved. Before we were even kicked out of the comp.:roll:

But please keep arguing with your nonsense. All it does is enable me to re-post real facts and further promote the Central Coast Bears.

Last edited:
Well done to Central Coast juniors Akuila Uate (Woy Woy), Chris Heighington (Umina) and Tim Moltzen (Terrigal) on making the Country side, also well done to North Sydney juniors Mitchell Pearce (Asquith) on making the City side and Kieran Foran (Asquith) on making the NZ test side.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wrong, wrong & wrong. They always had the $8 million for relocation. However when they saw through the Sharks intentions and them just taking games to the CC for that $8mil and a few quick dollars, thats when the NRL took it off the table. So clubs couldn't abuse it, in the case they were running broke. This coincides with the Florimo led Central Coast Bears bid growing from an idea to an establishment.

Did they? According to this their actually bank balance was virtually zero.
http://www.redwatch.org.au/media/100320smh

I do agree though that the Sharks proposal was just a money grab and quite rightly the NRL told them were to stick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts