What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo

Bench
I'm not trying to belittle them... I think the Bears have done a great job at maximising their bid. But it is now pretty much as good as it can be. Will that be enough to hold off the potential in Queensland?

Probably not, I think it will come down to TV money in the end.

Edit:

age.s, there wouldn't be a rational RL fan that would disagree with you

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
R&BB are the Foundation memberships included in the total ~6700 memberships?

If so the $40 average is hugely screwed by 85 $5500 memberships.

@age.s Norths-Redcliffe do not need the Sharks, they would be the 2 riches clubs in the QCUP The Sharks would bring nothing to the table Recliffe can't offer. Redcliffe have more coin than some NRL clubs. The difference with the CC and Redcliffe being selective towards the Sharks, is Redcliffe is not screaming out for a team, they will take their time, be selective and come in when/if they can/want to, just like they wanted to keep Dolphins when the Titans came in, they don't feel they have to come in but one day the might.

A Semi-Brisbane-Redcliffe and therefore Sunshine Coast team is not what is needed. Suncorp it too far away. The Norths component is already covered by the Broncos and it is close enough to the Sunshine Coast to eventually move away from Brisbane (which IMO would be the ultimate goal but counter productive towards the BNEII argument).

A Southern Brisbane, an Ipswich-Logan or a Greater Western team is the best fit for BNE 2. Redcliffe would affilate/merge (and be more successful) with a potential Sunshine Coast team say Manly in 15years.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
@age.s Norths-Redcliffe do not need the Sharks, they would be the 2 riches clubs in the QCUP The Sharks would bring nothing to the table Recliffe can't offer. Redcliffe have more coin than some NRL clubs. The difference with the CC and Redcliffe being selective towards the Sharks, is Redcliffe is not screaming out for a team, they will take their time, be selective and come in when/if they can/want to, just like they wanted to keep Dolphins when the Titans came in, they don't feel they have to come in but one day the might.

A Semi-Brisbane-Redcliffe and therefore Sunshine Coast team is not what is needed. Suncorp it too far away. The Norths component is already covered by the Broncos and it is close enough to the Sunshine Coast to eventually move away from Brisbane (which IMO would be the ultimate goal but counter productive towards the BNEII argument).

A Southern Brisbane, an Ipswich-Logan or a Greater Western team is the best fit for BNE 2. Redcliffe would affilate/merge (and be more successful) with a potential Sunshine Coast team say Manly in 15years.

I chose Redcliffe and Norths because there is synergies with mascots and team colors tbh. My suggestion could be applied to any QLD cup team if they could make it work.

Norths and Redcliffe might not need the Sharks per se, but a spot in the NRL is a pretty big carrot. If the NRL offered a spot in the comp for any QLD cup club (or conglomerate of clubs) based in Brisbane or CQ that was willing to merge with the Sharks I think that would be enough to get everyone sitting up straight and talking to them. As mentioned there would be plenty of plus sides for the game and the bid itself.

Just on the Broncos, what links do they have with the North other than their headquarters and training facilities? Do the fans in Brisbane see them as a Northern suburbs club? Unless there is a real feeling amongst Brisbanites that the Broncos should always control the North then any bid shouldn't be pinned down to a particular region of the city imo. The Broncos are monstrous, and will continue to thrive no matter what happens in regard to SEQ expansion.

Probably all belongs in the Bris2 thread.

BDGS

Bench
1032 pm

1116 pm

1125 pm poor old bear, lost his memory in the space of 53 minutes
:lol::lol::lol:

If the Norths people care so much about the CC and the community surely they'd have no problem with cronulla going there.

Yep, always fun to pick on people who are sick isn't it wanker?

I hear there are a few dieing kids at your local hospital, go pick on them as well. It's gonna be a hoot.

R&BB are the Foundation memberships included in the total ~6700 memberships?

If so the $40 average is hugely screwed by 85 $5500 memberships.

No, the foundation members are not included in the overall 6700 financial members. They are reserved for another spot all together re: check the official site, though not all the names of the 85 foundation members are put up due to some foundation members not wanting the site to show their names. All the sums I gave are correct, either believe it or don't.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yep, always fun to pick on people who are sick isn't it wanker?

I hear there are a few dieing kids at your local hospital, go pick on them as well. It's gonna be a hoot.

More personal attacks? I thought you were against those.

A little tip Bear - I work at my local hospital and in my profession we cure not pick on. Good luck with the cold, I'm sure its not life threatening, although I wouldn't rely on this long range diagnosis. Check out your local GP, I hear they do outstanding work. :D

BDGS

Bench
NRL didn't have the cash to pay out the relocation offer. When it looked like Sharks might take it up they pulled the deal as they couldn't pay for it! With a $1billion TV deal it may come back on the table.

I thought they pulled the cash because of the investment made in that are by the Central Coast Bears.

BDGS

Bench
More personal attacks? I thought you were against those.

A little tip Bear - I work at my local hospital and in my profession we cure not pick on. Good luck with the cold, I'm sure its not life threatening, although I wouldn't rely on this long range diagnosis. Check out your local GP, I hear they do outstanding work. :D

No personal attacks, just an observation of you.

Any Osama Bin Laden shoots you got for us?

applesauce

Bench
No, the foundation members are not included in the overall 6700 financial members. They are reserved for another spot all together re: check the official site, though not all the names of the 85 foundation members are put up due to some foundation members not wanting the site to show their names. All the sums I gave are correct, either believe it or don't.

Cheers.

Just on the Broncos, what links do they have with the North other than their headquarters and training facilities? Do the fans in Brisbane see them as a Northern suburbs club? Unless there is a real feeling amongst Brisbanites that the Broncos should always control the North then any bid shouldn't be pinned down to a particular region of the city imo. The Broncos are monstrous, and will continue to thrive no matter what happens in regard to SEQ expansion.

Probably all belongs in the Bris2 thread.

I lived on the Southside for a few years, now on the Northside and I feel there is a much larger presences here.

A South Brisbane team will have the opportunity to have the area to themselves if they engage the community (which the Broncos don't over that way).

Cheers.

I lived on the Southside for a few years, now on the Northside and I feel there is a much larger presences here.

A South Brisbane team will have the opportunity to have the area to themselves if they engage the community (which the Broncos don't over that way).

I probably should have cleared up the fact that foundation members aren't added to the BEAR-O-METER membership count, a few months ago. Slipped my mind until you asked.

Broncos have a huge presence on the southside.. go to any major shopping center and count the amount of people wearing something Broncos. Places like Browns Plains, Bay Side, Logan, Acacia Ridge and surrounding suburbs, Redlands, to the west like Chapel Hill, Moggill etc all have many Bronco supporting families. I'd actually say they have more than the Northside, due to the time they spent playing out of QEII.

Pretty much all my Brisbane based mates are Bronco supporters and all live on the southside.

---
I'll use this as an opportunity to post a pic of a local from CC who asked if I could.

John Degan of Killarney Vale Newsagency, though John has one blue eye and one white eye and totally loves his Bulldogs, he is right behind the Central Coast Bears push for NRL admission for 2013.

Thanks for the ongoing support John.

Go the BEARS,

I didn't know spam was allowed on these forums.

You're a numbnut sometimes mate, sorry but you are. You wanted evidence and facts of what the community initiatives had achieved and why I always mention it. I gave you hard evidence and facts of what has been accomplished due to ongoing hardwork... but now I see since it proved you ultimately wrong, jokes come into the fray.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No personal attacks, just an observation of you.
Observations? Like this one?: Bear is a pompous, arrogant, know nothing grammar nazi, thread policing, ignoramous with the charisma of herpes and the people skills of Adolf Eichmann.

Any Osama Bin Laden shoots you got for us?
English and mental competence please.

As for norths good luck with the bid. Going by their closed minded fans who cannot accept critism of any persuasion, they're going to need it.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Really? Is that why they took the $8mil carrot off the table then? Is that why the NRL have encouraged the Central Coast Bears to engage in their community and test the waters with memberships and merchandise being sold at official stores?:sarcasm:

I don't really care.

You have shown nothing to support the notion that a relocation wouldn't be accepted other than because you say so.

I have no doubt the bears would go ok at the CC. I also have no doubt so would any other club in the long run. Why not solve two problems at once?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You're a numbnut sometimes mate, sorry but you are. You wanted evidence and facts of what the community initiatives had achieved and why I always mention it. I gave you hard evidence and facts of what has been accomplished due to ongoing hardwork... but now I see since it proved you ultimately wrong, jokes come into the fray.
I didn't ask for your evidence. Shoving a bunch of corporation logos down people's throats isn't an indication that I'm wrong, it is an indicator that you're completely obsessed with north sydney.

I've posted this before - hard work means f**k all if you're working in the wrong place. IMO the CC is the wrong place at this point of time.

Just heard some mammoth news, I'm obliged not to say it. But will say that the bid has just gotten alot stronger... thank you Party of 3.

I don't really care.

You have shown nothing to support the notion that a relocation wouldn't be accepted other than because you say so.

I have no doubt the bears would go ok at the CC. I also have no doubt so would any other club in the long run. Why not solve two problems at once?

Exactly, why not solve 2 problems and let the Central Coast Bears grow and ship the Sharks off the QLD. I'm a QLDER, im ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.