What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Just that everyone judges your club by the actions of its fans.

I think the fans of my club have cleaned up their act over the past few seasons which is great for us and the game of Rugby League.

However, when that stuff did happen it was always the minority.

I don't judge other clubs because of the actions of the minority or single people.

I don't hate the Storm for cheating the cap.
I don't hate because of Johnathan Thurston's history.
I don't hate the Roosters or the Raiders because of Todd Carney.
I don't hate the Roosters because of Nate Myles.
I don't hate the Dragons because of posters on this site.
I don't hate Brisbane NRL bid because of people on here.

nko11

Juniors
Your links show only that you know how to read. They could have real information, but it's equally likely it's just shit being used to sell papers.

Last off-topic post: Give me evidence that Penrith aren't in financial trouble.

age.s

First Grade
Last off-topic post: Give me evidence that Penrith aren't in financial trouble.

Last OT post for me too: It's been repeatedly stated that we're operating at or very close to the cap. We just offered a coach an enormous contract. We're also backed by one of the largest licensed club conglomerates in the southern hemisphere. Besides the burden of proof should be on the accuser, it's why people like you and the media in this country shit me to tears.

This whole club in crisis shit is just getting tiresome. It's the main reason I won't be drilling into Sharks fans until there's some official announcement.

age.s

First Grade
age.s - did you miss the story about Sanyo yesterday?

I haven't read it in depth but my understanding is that they're simply doing a yearly review. Standard practice I would have thought but if they drop us, we'll find a new sponsor. Not pretending we're the most marketable club going around but we're not anywhere near deaths door.

Scarves

Juniors
But that's the issue. Nobody.....and I mean NOBODY wants a CC team. Perth, 2nd Brisbane, 2nd NZ team, Rockhampton, Bega, Dubbo, Broken Hill, PNG and Hobart will all get a team ahead of CC.Everybody knows it.

So why have a thread giving the 30 or 40 Bears fans any hope of something that shouldn't and won't happen....ever?

Pointless thread.

I can't agree with Mark Rudd. Personally I think the Central Coast Bears bid has the 2nd NZ team, Rockhampton, Bega, Dubbo, Broken Hill, PNG and Hobart all easily covered.

applesauce

Bench
I haven't read it in depth but my understanding is that they're simply doing a yearly review. Standard practice I would have thought but if they drop us, we'll find a new sponsor. Not pretending we're the most marketable club going around but we're not anywhere near deaths door.

Your leagues clubs have lost $21mill in the last 2years. :(

Penrith's nursery is too important to the game. I don't wish anything against the Sharks but in my opinion, meh.

age.s

First Grade
Your leagues clubs have lost $21mill mate. :(

And if that continues and the football club doesn't turn it around there might be problems in the future. It'll take a few more losses like that before the future of the Panthers group comes into question.

Should point out I would hope the management aren't being as casual about it as I am. Things need to be turned around in several areas. Plenty of water to go under the bridge though.

But that's the issue. Nobody.....and I mean NOBODY wants a CC team. Perth, 2nd Brisbane, 2nd NZ team, Rockhampton, Bega, Dubbo, Broken Hill, PNG and Hobart will all get a team ahead of CC.Everybody knows it.

So why have a thread giving the 30 or 40 Bears fans any hope of something that shouldn't and won't happen....ever?

Pointless thread.

cheers for entering the thread and bumping it up.

On another note over 110 replies in 24 hours, not bad for a pointless thread aye mate? To be fair a few actually post news and updates, most is debates on expansion and validity of the central coast bears. All the information has been provided, take a minute to read through the bid and what it's intentions are.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Your leagues clubs have lost $21mill in the last 2years. :(

Penrith's nursery is too important to the game. I don't wish anything against the Sharks but in my opinion, meh.
fmd...

Firstly, let me be clear, I obviously don't want the Panthers to die and I don't think they will anytime soon.

But IF they were to die, their juniors wouldn't disappear off the face of the earth or suddenly become AFL/union/soccer players. The Eels and Tigers and Bulldogs would all happily carve up the area between themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.