What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask for your evidence. Shoving a bunch of corporation logos down people's throats isn't an indication that I'm wrong, it is an indicator that you're completely obsessed with north sydney.

I've posted this before - hard work means f**k all if you're working in the wrong place. IMO the CC is the wrong place at this point of time.

You asked why I keep mentioning community initiatives and work. You openly made a joke about the volunteers and macca's and I served you what HAS been accomplished due to community initiatives and avolunteers working at macca's. Now go eat your humble pie.

More great news for the Bear!!!
EDIT: I'm obliged not to say anything BUT yes it's huge news for the Central Coast Bears. Finalised today and the party of 3 will come into the equation soon. Sorry but that's all I can say for now or the bid team will grill me. Though i'm sure your boy group will say it's propaganda in 3...2...1.:D But I don't care, I'm over the moon right now!!

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
I probably should have cleared up the fact that foundation members aren't added to the BEAR-O-METER membership count, a few months ago. Slipped my mind until you asked.

Broncos have a huge presence on the southside.. go to any major shopping center and count the amount of people wearing something Broncos. Places like Browns Plains, Bay Side, Logan, Acacia Ridge and surrounding suburbs, Redlands, to the west like Chapel Hill, Moggill etc all have many Bronco supporting families. I'd actually say they have more than the Northside, due to the time they spent playing out of QEII.

Pretty much all my Brisbane based mates are Bronco supporters and all live on the southside.

No doubt there are a lot of supporters on the Southside. The closest thing the Broncos have to an influence is some free tickets to junior RL clubs.

The most I ever saw was Folau and Parker who happened to live around the corner to me. But never saw them in any official capacity.

Broncos make a lot more visits to Northside schools and put on clinics (with the top players), and often train at BGS. The players they have sent to the schools I have seen/been on the Southside are their reserves/Bgraders.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You asked why I keep mentioning community initiatives and work. You openly made a joke about the volunteers and macca's and I served you what HAS been accomplished due to community initiatives and avolunteers working at macca's. Now go eat your humble pie.
I did not ask why you kept mentioning community initatives etc. I responded to you calling me a hater of the bears bid by expressing my belief that the majority of your posts were just repetitive jargon.

As for the joke about the volunteers, I will apologise as they do good work and I do not know them and so should not have commented on this. So to them, I apologise.

clarency

Juniors
Blah.... you can't say BIG NEWS! without saying what it is.

Any timeline of when it will be released?

nko11

Juniors
EDIT: I'm obliged not to say anything BUT yes it's huge news for the Central Coast Bears. Finalised today and the party of 3 will come into the equation soon. Sorry but that's all I can say for now or the bid team will grill me. Though i'm sure your boy group will say it's propaganda in 3...2...1.:D But I don't care, I'm over the moon right now!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but who are the "party of 3"? When's the announcement expected?

Pigskin

Juniors
Just heard some mammoth news, I'm obliged not to say it. But will say that the bid has just gotten alot stronger... thank you Party of 3.

Ooooh tell us the big news please !

Your bid has moved to an area where we need a team ? After all thats pretty much all that matters.

Oink !

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but who are the "party of 3"? When's the announcement expected?

I want to scream it at the top of my lungs but for the sake of the bid and the respect I have for the team, I can't until things are finalized.

Sorry to stir this, didn't expect it nor did I see it coming. But due to the nature of the beast, I cannot touch on it any more than I have. Believe it or not people highly involved with the bid actually skim through here and they know who I am. I shouldn't have even mentioned the "party of 3" which is a terminology I made up in reference to what it is.

For now let's move on until more information is released and beowulf or myself have authority to speak on it.

applesauce

Bench
As good as the Bears "party of 3" is. It does not compare to the potential BNEII "party of 5":

516f1aTWxRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
I want to scream it at the top of my lungs but for the sake of the bid and the respect I have for the team, I can't until things are finalized.

Sorry to stir this, didn't expect it nor did I see it coming. But due to the nature of the beast, I cannot touch on it any more than I have. Believe it or not people highly involved with the bid actually skim through here and they know who I am. I shouldn't have even mentioned the "party of 3" which is a terminology I made up in reference to what it is.

For now let's move on until more information is released and beowulf or myself have authority to speak on it.
Fair enough you can't tell us any specifics about the info itself, but how about a timeline for when we'll hear it?

nko11

Juniors

Fair enough, was just wondering if i had missed something.

Double that facepalm and direct it at yourself. His post is saying that if the bears are unsuccessful then Manly should then 'engage the community' of the CC, not merge with norths.

Spot on. If this Bears bid goes through then it will put a serious geographical squeeze on Manly. I know it wouldnt be a merger but it would be like St George Illawarra in that a Sydney club would be able to extend its reach and gain a level of security by also representing the interests of a highly populated regional area.

Put it this way. There was a reason the league suggested the Bears/Eagles merger. Because of an obvious and true suggestion that the corporate dollars/population base on the north shore and including the coast can only support one team. Bears on the Coast will cause manly a slow death the way the sharks are dying now

Pigskin

Juniors
In all seriousness, I don't think anybody here is a "hater" of the bears or what you are trying to do. Its just the way you go about it and your blinkered attitude toward logic and reason.

Whether you like it or not, or agree with it, the CC is around Sydney ... whether its an hour north or any other direction. We have too many teams in this area, and nobody except Bears supporters want more teams in this broad vicinity.

If we can get rid of a Sydney team and get the Bears in on the CC, then thats fine and is certainly preferred by myself and probly most that others that post here, compared to the current situation.

Aside from that, if you have plan b, c or z ... interested to there them. Providing of course they not in the same place, otherwise its likely futile.

On a couple of side issues.

I don't see the Broncos as a North side of brisbane team at all. I'm a fair way south of the cbd and I don't think anybody up here distinguishes. People in Brisbane (and Qld for that matter) either love them or hate them.

Brisbane Easts and Wynnum, who both are fairly wealthy clubs in their own right ... should get together and form a bid. They would form an althernative corridor of Brisbane to the existing talk, could incorporate the whole bayside area and the southern suburbs of brisbane. Maybe even as far down as the redlands area. A massive area with huge juniors. And I mean massive here, far bigger than the CC. Swallow up the Sharks. Moreton Bay Sharks. Maintain a Sydney Sharks supporters group as a number of away games would be in Sydney each year anyway. Wynnum = Water = Sharks. I dunno, it sorta makes sense.

And I'm an Easts tragic from way back. Any bid that includes Easts, its bye bye Broncos for me. Other than that, go the Broncs.

Oink !

Panfas

Juniors
Party of 3:

The 3 parties that will enter the NRL as new licences:

CC Bears
Brisbane 2
WA Reds

With the removal of one team. Wonder who? :roll:

clarency

Juniors
ok... I'm going to begin speculations on the mammoth news.

Sharks have been told they're gooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeee.

age.s

First Grade
ok... I'm going to begin speculations on the mammoth news.

Sharks have been told they're gooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeee.

Oooo I love this game. Ok I'm going to go with David Gallop is an alien. The three heads that are buried beneath his lawyer mask have finally agreed that the game needs to expand to a galaxy he calls Nebulan 7!!!! The logistical hurdle of the dimensions of time and space is the only kink that needs ironing out. There will be an announcement soon.

applesauce

Bench
Whether you like it or not, or agree with it, the CC is around Sydney ... whether its an hour north or any other direction. We have too many teams in this area, and nobody except Bears supporters want more teams in this broad vicinity.

Without rehashing an old argument here (but just explaining it for your benefit).

People against the CC inclusion this time said they were too close to Sydney.

The CC fans replied saying they are not a part of Sydney so they will add to the TV figures, have fresh sponsorship etc etc.

The arguments against the CC were then that regional ratings won't be of the same value as Sydney ratings.

Then it was discovered that the OZtam figures include the CC in the Sydney ratings. So it went against the CC bears fans first point.

But anyway if the Sharks go and the "party of 3" is the 3 new teams then everyone is happy (unless you a Sharks fan).

BDGS

Bench
This thread is pointless. Can we close it, mods?

It provides the forum page with news, facts, updates and everything in relation to the Central Coast Bears.

It is also one of the biggest threads on here as far as traffic goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts