What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Yeah, watched the show. Good turn out of Red and Black. Good to see James correct the actor on that, the CENTRAL COAST Bears not the North Sydney Bears.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drive is on @

SATURDAY 4th JUNE
EVENT: North Sydney Bears vs. Auckland Vulcans
VENUE & TIME: North Sydney Oval from 3pm

DC_fan

Coach
Best of luck Bears. At one time you were the favourites to be the first expansion team. It looks like Perth has passed you and Briisbane have either passed you also or getting close to doing so.

Best of luck Bears. At one time you were the favourites to be the first expansion team. It looks like Perth has passed you and Briisbane have either passed you also or getting close to doing so.

Nah no way! There's big things on the horizon and there's a massive amount of support, real people with real money supporting a real organization :D There are real contracts to build real projects like the Sports Center, Headquarters and Rugby League Development.. more local businesses coming on board as sponsors, more initiatives being performed each week by the Bears bid team. Be it charity or fundraising events, junior football or membership drives.

Sure it's been abit quiet recently but there is plenty of good news around the corner. The fans are excited, the bid team is excited and the corporate heavies which will back this club are excited.

Speaking of wishlists and players that certain bids might be looking at, I know the CCBears will look heavily into Central Coast locals and old Bears juniors..

That would include the likes of Chris Heighington, Tim Moltzen, Akila Uate for CC juniors and of course Mitchell Pearce and Kieran Foran for Bears juniors. Karmichael Hunt will be looked at as well as previously stated. However the Central Coast Bears will want to build their inaugural team from mostly CC juniors, Bears juniors and maybe one or 2 big names from elsewhere.

The next Central Coast Bears membership drive is on @

SATURDAY 4th JUNE
EVENT: North Sydney Bears vs. Auckland Vulcans
VENUE & TIME: North Sydney Oval from 3pm

The Bears return to Erina the week after

SATURDAY 11th JUNE
EVENT: Erina Fair Membership Drive
TIME: From 9am

juro

Bench
You mean rugby union heartland, don't you? I would have thought an ultra-rich private school on the north shore would have gone with union over league, and it seems the article backs this up.

ONE of Australia’s most famous rugby union schools...

You mean rugby union heartland, don't you? I would have thought an ultra-rich private school on the north shore would have gone with union over league, and it seems the article backs this up.

Whom used to play quality school boy rugby league.. even last year they had Andrew Yeung from Knox Grammar School in the CIS 2010 U18 CAMP SQUAD.

Doesn't surprise me that you think this. The area was once a massive Bears hunting ground, think of all the players who came from these areas over the past 100+ years. Alot of private schools actually played League up until the Bears got booted. It's the only major area with no NRL representing them period and the sad thing, it's population is one of the biggest in NSW. It's basically leaving your keys in your ignition with the car turned on and running, then leaving it for thieves. Regardless of what people want to believe, no NRL team here. No chance of getting the majority of juniors from the area and there will be a lot of them, unfortunately at this rate they won't be playing rugby league.

Last edited:

juro

Bench
Whom used to play quality school boy rugby league.. even last year they had Andrew Yeung from Knox Grammar School in the CIS 2010 U18 CAMP SQUAD.

Doesn't surprise me that you think this. The area was once a massive Bears hunting ground, think of all the players who came from these areas over the past 100+ years. Alot of private schools actually played League up until the Bears got booted. It's the only major area with no NRL representing them period and the sad thing, it's population is one of the biggest in NSW. It's basically leaving your keys in your ignition with the car turned on and running, then leaving it for thieves. Regardless of what people want to believe, no NRL team here. No chance of getting the majority of juniors from the area and there will be a lot of them, unfortunately at this rate they won't be playing rugby league.

Okay, so let me get this straight...

You're suggesting that any young footballer growing up in Sydney's northern suburbs will choose union or AFL because there is no rugby league team? Tell me, how many AFL teams in the top comp represent the northern suburbs? How about in the Super 15? A-league?

And you're suggesting that a team based in Gosford would automatically appeal to youngsters living in Sydney's northern suburbs?

And you're suggesting that no other Sydney NRL team (or even a team outside Sydney) would bother to look for young talent if it pops up in the northern suburbs?

Okay, so let me get this straight...

You're suggesting that any young footballer growing up in Sydney's northern suburbs will choose union or AFL because there is no rugby league team? Tell me, how many AFL teams in the top comp represent the northern suburbs? How about in the Super 15? A-league?

And you're suggesting that a team based in Gosford would automatically appeal to youngsters living in Sydney's northern suburbs?

And you're suggesting that no other Sydney NRL team (or even a team outside Sydney) would bother to look for young talent if it pops up in the northern suburbs?

I'm suggesting that with no team to represent the area, there are less resources to develop young talent or all the potential talent.

No other Sydney team is really looking at the talent coming from the North Shore.

I'm suggesting that without a premier Rugby League team, which the area had for 90+years.. the gateways for other sports open up.

I'm suggesting with huge a huge nursery for rugby league and without a team in the region then, yes slowly but surely participation numbers will decrease,

It's actually not a suggestion, it's already happening.

cb4

First Grade
Speaking of wishlists and players that certain bids might be looking at, I know the CCBears will look heavily into Central Coast locals and old Bears juniors..

That would include the likes of Chris Heighington, Tim Moltzen, Akila Uate for CC juniors and of course Mitchell Pearce and Kieran Foran for Bears juniors. Karmichael Hunt will be looked at as well as previously stated. However the Central Coast Bears will want to build their inaugural team from mostly CC juniors, Bears juniors and maybe one or 2 big names from elsewhere.

So what happens when the Bears bid fails?

So what happens when the Bears bid fails?

I become rich, buy out your club, buy out the entire Argentinian rugby team, do a Carmen Santiago and rip Bluetongue from it's very foundations.. move it to Darwin and bring back the Bears from the Northern Territory.. I'll have major alcohol, cigarette and gambling companies as sponsors and most importantly keep mentioning to the media every day how Usain Bolt and Lebron James will potentially be signing with us and how we have a $300 billion warchest, when we don't :sarcasm: of course that's after I bankroll Peter Badel and the Couriermail to keep posting our fairytales.

Last edited:
Sweet, I liked the first 7 words, stopped reading after that.

Maybe I'll even be generous and send the Sharks to South Africa.. so we can have our first Saffa NRL franchise.. South Africa Sharks (S.A.S.) vs Darwin Bears.. game of the millenium

Beowulf

Juniors
I'm suggesting that with no team to represent the area, there are less resources to develop young talent or all the potential talent.

No other Sydney team is really looking at the talent coming from the North Shore.

I'm suggesting that without a premier Rugby League team, which the area had for 90+years.. the gateways for other sports open up.

I'm suggesting with huge a huge nursery for rugby league and without a team in the region then, yes slowly but surely participation numbers will decrease,

It's actually not a suggestion, it's already happening.

100% correct R&B Bear. I'm a Manager of a junior rugby league team on the north shore, and the lack of support being given to schools/clubs in the area is frightening. The NS Bears try their best, but without a license and income they can't compete with AFL, soccer or union.

Manly have had 10 years to invest in league in this region but they are flat out trying to service the peninsula, given they are financially struggling.

Having an NRl teram means school visits by players, holiday clinics, free footballs/t shirts etc...kids get to SEE and MEET stars seen on TV...they are more likely to want to play and stay fans for life.

The proof is in the decline of junior teams in northern Sydney following the Suerp League war. I know the Bears have tentative plans to help create new teams, 1 on the mid-lower north shore (eg Lane Cove) and one on the upper north shore (eg West pymble) as their research indicates there will renewed interest in the game, but only if the Bears are reinstated.

The spin off for Manly is that some of these new players will be seen by Manly who may entice them to the peninsula (those on the lower north shore/Mosman areas for example) - the Bears will have a huge junior nursery and many will go to other clubs.

If it helps Manly, its another reason for bringing in the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.