What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowulf

Juniors
After Gallops comments today re staged expansion it looks like either:

1. CC Bears - 2014 WA Reds 2015
or
2. WA Reds 2014 - Q'land team 2015

still in the dark and good that people are now asking for expansion bids to be informed if they are wasting their time. I am sure the NRL know now who they want and who they don't. To prolongue the facade that it is an open bid system is cruel on fans and a waste of peoples time and money.

Agree with that assessment. Option 1 will come through. Canavan going to Ipswich to help out their bid always ensured Bris2 never had a chance, and after David Gallop's discussion with Flo on Thursday where DG was updated on impending changes to the CC Bears financial structure, any article out today mentioning that topic as a negative for the Bears is now obsolete. Sorry, anti-Bears!

Agree with that assessment. Option 1 will come through. Canavan going to Ipswich to help out their bid always ensured Bris2 never had a chance, and after David Gallop's discussion with Flo on Thursday where DG was updated on impending changes to the CC Bears financial structure, any article out today mentioning that topic as a negative for the Bears is now obsolete. Sorry, anti-Bears!

Brisbane 2 doesnt have a chance?! Are you serious?

Its already been posted but thanks for bringing it back up.

It should be noted that it's a NEWS LTD article which was written with no substance. Ofcourse I'd like to think most people on here know what to expect from NEWS LTD publications. If you really take this on board then the rocks in your head must be friggin huge!

Still, it's of no relevance to the Central Coast Bears bid. The bid team, board and Florimo know what the deal is after meetings with David Gallop on Thursday just past.

We're more confident than ever that our bid will win a franchise license and it's quite obvious that these publications know that as well. If we were no hopers like a few here suggest then there would be no need to write articles like this.

This is from the same publication what said Brisbane 2 were shoo-in's just a few weeks ago, now it's apparently Western Corridor/Ipswich. If you know that a organization is heading into the right direction with a business and you want another organization to win that business instead, articles like this become prominent.

Like Beowulf said though, with new major sponsors coming on board. We are as ready as you can get and as financially stable and self sustainable as you can get as well. But please keep coming out the woodwork naysayers, it's seriously only making the Central Coast Bears bid work that much harder. All these sly comments will only work to our advantage.

Brisbane 2 doesnt have a chance?! Are you serious?
The current Craig Davison model never had a chance. Thats not to say another Brisbane 2 bid wouldn't have a chance because I personally think they, with the right set up and establishment, would have a great chance. However Davison has played his cards, which were never threatening to begin with.

*again this is aimed at the Davison-lead BNE bid, not a Brisbane 2 bid in general*

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The romantic in me would love to see the Bears back, but WA & SEQ make better sense for the game.

Why don't the Bears team up with the Ipswich bid?

Read into it how you want to but if the Central Coast Bears were no chance then

1) We wouldn't have been put on stand by twice by the NRL when firstly the Sharks were going through major financial difficulties and then when the Melbourne Storm scandal broke out. Both times it was the NRL whom approach us.

2) The NRL wouldn't endorse the Central Coast Bears selling licensed NRL/Bears merchandise at nationally known stores eg. Best & Less & Rebel Sports on the CC.

3) Memberships wouldn't be made out to be a big deal and the NRL wouldn't push us to sell them.

All 3 initiatives were in direct accordance and collaboration with the NRL. They know better than anyone how much money we've spent and how many resources we've used. After 3 or so years since the Florimo-lead bid came about, if we were no chance they wouldn't let us waste more than we have already.

umm....if you read this it says"best and less products" not Licensed NRL merchandise....and this is from the ccb website.....more porkys me thinks

The search for Central Coast Bears apparel has just become easier for Bear fanatics and mums and dads, with retailer Best & Less launching an entire range of Central Coast Bears merchandise.

From Thursday October 21st, allBest & Less stores on the Central Coast will offer a range of Central Coast Bears merchandise for kids and adults at affordable prices.

“Best & Less is renowned for selling NRL apparel at a price mums and dads can afford and that kids can enjoy,” CEO Greg Florimo said.

“To now have a Central Coast Bears range alongside other NRL teams provides further momentum towards having our very own team in 2013.”

With sizes ranging from 00 to XXLall fans, big and small will be provided for.

Furthermore, Best & Less products undergo strict quality control guidelines to ensure product safety and longevity.

Central Coast Bears CEO, Greg Florimo and Head of Football Operations,David Fairleigh will be at Best &Less Erina this Friday, to officially launch the new range.

There will also be an opportunity to sign up for Central Coast Bears & Cubs memberships.

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY WITH GREG FLORIMO & DAVID FAIRLEIGH
Date: Friday 22 October
Where: Best & Less, Terrigal Dr Erina Fair
Time: 4 pm

and then there is this.......again from the official ccb website

Best & Less have produced a Central Coast Bears range of clothing available at all four Central Coast locations.

so it turns out that it is best and less merchandise not official/licensed NRL merchandise.......happy to be proven wrong though

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
The 3 CC-played games in which the CCBears have had initiatives over 18,000+ supporters showed up to Bluetongue. What's the problem with that?

As the other dude said. The sell out matches in CC often involve a team within an hour up/down the road making a large portion of the crowd traveling fans.

As I said the average is only 13k, meaning there has been some stinkers at Blue Tongue, often when Manly or Newcastle aren't involved. Those are what the Bears need to deal with. If the locals are as RL mad as the bid team says they are they need to be packing out the stadium during these matches.

Right now, based on attendances at Blue Tongue, the Central Coast is not impressive.

umm....if you read this it says"best and less products" not Licensed NRL merchandise....and this is from the ccb website.....more porkys me thinks

The search for Central Coast Bears apparel has just become easier for Bear fanatics and mums and dads, with retailer Best & Less launching an entire range of Central Coast Bears merchandise.

From Thursday October 21st, allBest & Less stores on the Central Coast will offer a range of Central Coast Bears merchandise for kids and adults at affordable prices.

“Best & Less is renowned for selling NRL apparel at a price mums and dads can afford and that kids can enjoy,” CEO Greg Florimo said.

“To now have a Central Coast Bears range alongside other NRL teams provides further momentum towards having our very own team in 2013.”

With sizes ranging from 00 to XXLall fans, big and small will be provided for.

Furthermore, Best & Less products undergo strict quality control guidelines to ensure product safety and longevity.

Central Coast Bears CEO, Greg Florimo and Head of Football Operations,David Fairleigh will be at Best &Less Erina this Friday, to officially launch the new range.

There will also be an opportunity to sign up for Central Coast Bears & Cubs memberships.

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY WITH GREG FLORIMO & DAVID FAIRLEIGH
Date: Friday 22 October
Where: Best & Less, Terrigal Dr Erina Fair
Time: 4 pm

and then there is this.......again from the official ccb website

Best & Less have produced a Central Coast Bears range of clothing available at all four Central Coast locations.

They had to get approval and it be in accordance with the NRL. You can't just sell merchandise for a potential franchise without getting the governing bodies permission first. Plus it was Gallop whom approved it. Come on now surely even you would know that. I have no idea what you're trying to get at when all stores which sell NRL gear either with sponsors (amart allsports/rebel sports) or without sponsors (best & less) need to get approval from the NRL to do so. But keep reaching though, you might eventually find a kink in the armour. Highly doubt it though.

Last edited:
As the other dude said. The sell out matches in CC often involve a team within an hour up/down the road making a large portion of the crowd traveling fans.

As I said the average is only 13k, meaning there has been some stinkers at Blue Tongue, often when Manly or Newcastle aren't involved. Those are what the Bears need to deal with. If the locals are as RL mad as the bid team says they are they need to be packing out the stadium during these matches.

Right now, based on attendances at Blue Tongue, the Central Coast is not impressive.

Manly/Souths/Tigers games had the highest crowds. None involved Newcastle. There has been stinkers everywhere. 5k for Perth Reds during their last days. 4k for Crushers during their last days. 4k again for Gold Coast Chargers. 6k @ a Manly game this year. 9k for a few Cowboys games in recent times.

Do you have the time to critize them? If not at least you might remember that those crowds had home teams to support when they achieved those abysmal crowds compared to Bluetongue, which had no home side being represented.

Wow, there's a lot of people confusing wishful thinking with reality here! :crazy:

How so?

Last edited:
The current Craig Davison model never had a chance. Thats not to say another Brisbane 2 bid wouldn't have a chance because I personally think they, with the right set up and establishment, would have a great chance. However Davison has played his cards, which were never threatening to begin with.

*again this is aimed at the Davison-lead BNE bid, not a Brisbane 2 bid in general*

:crazy:

"never had a chance"

makes it sound like you have some inside knowledge of their bid or something.

The brisbane bid is threatening for the simple fact its brisbane. If there are issues with the structure of the bid i'm sure these can be worked out.

Still it sounds to me like you're talking out of your arse.

Quidgybo

Bench
5k for Perth Reds during their last days. 4k for Crushers during their last days. 4k again for Gold Coast Chargers.
You're not seriously raising crowds resulting from the Super League war and its immediate aftermath as proof of anything, are you?

Leigh

:crazy:

"never had a chance"

makes it sound like you have some inside knowledge of their bid or something.

The brisbane bid is threatening for the simple fact its brisbane. If there are issues with the structure of the bid i'm sure these can be worked out.

Still it sounds to me like you're talking out of your arse.

I know Craig Davison personally, his bid was always going to be built off hot air. He is the same guy who when he privately lost out on the Broncos CEO position to Paul White, had a whinge and therefore started his own bid.

Like I said, if a Brisbane bid was built on the right fundamentals for the community of Brisbane and had that same community at heart then they would seriously be in contention. However Davison only cares for his own pockets.

Believe what you will but I pointed these major flaws out in January and got personally canned for it. Now even David Gallop is seeing through CD's charade and those same people who canned me are apologising. (This is non-forum/internet related)

You're not seriously raising crowds resulting from the Super League war and its immediate aftermath as proof of anything, are you?

Leigh

You can only go by what has been written down in history. I'd love to compare areas with an existing team crowds to an area without an existing team crowds. However for the most part thats impossible due to Crushers, Reds, Chargers and Bears all falling post SL/ARL war. So instead I have to compare it with what information we have.

Do you have any other suggestions? Because i'd like to know if you do.

Last edited:
I know Craig Davison personally, his bid was always going to be built off hot air. He is the same guy who when he privately lost out on the Broncos CEO position to Paul White, had a whinge and therefore started his own bid.

Like I said, if a Brisbane bid was built on the right fundamentals for the community of Brisbane and had that same community at heart then they would seriously be in contention. However Davison only cares for his own pockets.

Believe what you will but I pointed these major flaws out in January and got personally canned for it. Now even David Gallop is seeing through CD's charade and those same people who canned me are apologising. (This is non-forum/internet related)

Do you know the others involved in the bid?

Do you have any personal knowledge of the inside running of the bid?

If not , you're talking out of your arse and you should stop speaking with such authority.

And how the f**k would you know what gallop is thinking re.brisbane 2 ?

Seriously you'd do all of your arguments a massive favour by stopping the authoritive statements.

Do you have any other suggestions? Because i'd like to know if you do.[/QUOTE]

lockyrulz

Juniors

You can only go by what has been written down in history. I'd love to compare areas with an existing team crowds to an area without an existing team crowds. However for the most part thats impossible due to Crushers, Reds, Chargers and Bears all falling post SL/ARL war. So instead I have to compare it with what information we have.

I know its sad that your pet Bear died, Timmy, but he's in heaven now. Time to let go.

Do you know the others involved in the bid?

Do you have any personal knowledge of the inside running of the bid?

If not , you're talking out of your arse and you should stop speaking with such authority.

And how the f**k would you know what gallop is thinking re.brisbane 2 ?

Seriously you'd do all of your arguments a massive favour by stopping the authoritive statements.

Like I said, believe what you want. In regards to other bids, I don't feel the need to discuss what I have spoken to certain people about. But to answer your question I have spoken only once to Nick Livermore and Billy Rae wouldn't give me the time of the day. How do I know what Gallop is thinking? Because he directly said and I quote

"I gave the strongest indication yet that I expect expansion to happen by 2015 or earlier," Gallop fired.
"I am therefore surprised that the Brisbane bid people have chosen to go off half-cocked about it.
"Rather than throwing unsubstantiated dollar figures around, they should start putting some meat on their own bone.
"Expansion will come but it will take more than threatening to sign Sonny Bill Williams and any other headline name they can think of to get a franchise in this competition."

Now if you feel like I'm still talking out my arse then simply stop replying to my posts. You are free to believe what you want and I'm free to know who I know.

I know its sad that your pet Bear died, Timmy, but he's in heaven now. Time to let go.
Go eat your sloppy porridge. I'll continue to fight for the Central Coast Bears inclusion because as a long time Bears supporter, it's something that I believe in and something that I feel like I have to do.

Sure you might not have the same connection to your team to justify you putting in hours worth of effort, dedication and commitment. That's totally fine. But don't you dare hold it against me or anyone else for doing so. We take pride enough in the game of rugby league to put in our maximum effort and you think that's a bad thing, then people like you need to get out of the game right now.

Last edited:

Quidgybo

Bench
Simple, just don't use crowd figures or draw conclusions about team viability from years affected by the Super League war. It was a unique period in the game's history with circumstances that have little relevance to the game in normal times. There are many lessons to be learnt from that time but crowd support and which areas can support teams are certainly not among them.

Leigh

Last edited:
Simple, just don't use crowd figures or draw conclusions about team viability from years affected by the Super League war. It was a unique period in the game's history with circumstances that have little relevance to the game in normal times. There are many lessons to be learnt from that time but crowd support and which areas can support teams are certainly not among them.

Leigh

Fair point. But like I said, we can only go by what has been written down. If people assume that Perth's & 2nd Brisbane's crowds would undoubtably grow now a days, then the same would apply to the Central Coast. I mean why wouldn't it? It's a Rugby League heartland with heaps to give to the code.

I could draw comparisons to say the Titans (whom are a newly established S.E.QLD team) with their consistently dropping crowd numbers. But then people will say, it's because their losing and not playing very well. Sometimes you can't win with certain posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.