What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears, 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iafeta

Referee
More of the same. A bit of homo hugging of has-beens/never weres coupled with photos of people holding up prototype jumpers with a genuinely slightly interested look on their face.

Perhaps a simple photobucket link could be an option? I mean, we all love your holiday kodak happy snaps, and we believe you that there are some people out there who are slightly interested in buying the prototype jersey, but I'm more interested in the discussion on the bid rather than the kodak/MS paint moments.

More of the same. A bit of homo hugging of has-beens/never weres coupled with photos of people holding up prototype jumpers with a genuinely slightly interested look on their face.

Perhaps a simple photobucket link could be an option? I mean, we all love your holiday kodak happy snaps, and we believe you that there are some people out there who are slightly interested in buying the prototype jersey, but I'm more interested in the discussion on the bid rather than the kodak/MS paint moments.

* these photos are from the CCBears or fans facebooks. These last batch of photos are relevant to the membership drive happening right now as we speak, since they were taken this morning at that very same membership drive.

There is also the option where you don't enter a thread that you don't like? I think it's called the "easy option".

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Red & Black Kodak Bear, that's not the case at all. I have an interest in the Central Coast expansion. I think most in the rugby league world have an interest in expansion bids. But I'm trying to get substance, not click and post moments. Imagine a game-day thread on a particular game, and it was just littered with still photos from the game and very little in the way of substantive discussion. Or a game thread with little in the way of happy snaps but loaded with substantive info. I personally prefer the latter. More to the point, I gain more information from the latter.

I understand your love for the Bears bid and admire your passion in posting about it, but I'd like to know more about it rather than duplicate shots of people holding up jumpers.

Red & Black Kodak Bear, that's not the case at all. I have an interest in the Central Coast expansion. I think most in the rugby league world have an interest in expansion bids. But I'm trying to get substance, not click and post moments. Imagine a game-day thread on a particular game, and it was just littered with still photos from the game and very little in the way of substantive discussion. Or a game thread with little in the way of happy snaps but loaded with substantive info. I personally prefer the latter. More to the point, I gain more information from the latter.

I understand your love for the Bears bid and admire your passion in posting about it, but I'd like to know more about it rather than duplicate shots of people holding up jumpers.

This thread does have the substantive information which you seek. As a matter of fact I personally post most of the relevant information concerning the Central Coast Bears on here.

There are updates all through this thread,
the previous Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside thread http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=356575,
the Central Coast Bears facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/centralcoastbears and
homepage www.centralcoastbears.com.au

* no photos in this thread are duplicates.
* photos posted are relevant to the events happening.
* there is also text-only information available.

I don't know what you're on about sorry. Everything you complain about makes no sense because if you look hard enough, there really is nothing to complain about as most of the stuff is available in here...:crazy:

* Page#1 of this thread has all the info one needs to get up to date real quick on the CCBears bid.
* Other bids would post their photos if they had any... actually W.A. Reds occassionally do.
* The CCBears have fans and volunteers at these events. Most of these guys/gals take photos for themselves rather than to document the public CCBears support.
* I post them because it's totally relevant to the bid, the on going community support and it adds something visual & relevant to the thread.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Iafeta, you can scroll past them. People aren't going to stop posting them because for some bizarre reason they offend you. Get over it and don't be such a petty whiner.

Iafeta

Referee
Petty whiner? Ironic coming from renta-donut-forum-cop.

Renta-cop nonsense aside, back to R&B. I'm looking for info on the Bears. Red & Black is right, he has posted some good information. There is no doubt your passion. The rest is pics. Not everyone has lightning fast internet for a start, and the information/discussion seems to get lost amonst the pics. It takes time on mine for the pics to appear. Why not just post links to the pics (photobucket etc), particularly when the pics are largely generic?

BDGS

Bench
Honestly I think the NRL will look more favourably on the financial side of the team which is why I think Brisbane2 are going to snatch CCB's sport at the last second. Whether they really did or not at the beginning of the campaign i'd say they do now. Interaction with any cause usually turns one into a dedicated follower.

The last time a bid focussed on nothing but that side of things, it failed.

The Current Central Coast Bears bid is financially sound with the added community support.

Renta-cop nonsense aside, back to R&B. I'm looking for info on the Bears. Red & Black is right, he has posted some good information. There is no doubt your passion. The rest is pics. Not everyone has lightning fast internet for a start, and the information/discussion seems to get lost amonst the pics. It takes time on mine for the pics to appear. Why not just post links to the pics (photobucket etc), particularly when the pics are largely generic?

I guarantee you that there will plenty of information posted in the coming days, weeks & months in regards to the Central Coast Bears bid. There will be more photos but not as many (since facebook changed it's photo display options).

Iafeta

Referee
Thank you. I look forward to hearing more about it, which, is why I do click onto this thread because I am actually genuinely interested and supportive of the bid itself.

BDGS

Bench

you do realise by bringing this up, you are then filling up this forums pages with even less substance about the bid then the pictures provided.

The pictures show just how much community effort this bid has, and how much the other bids lack. It also brings the human element into it as well.

The Independent Commission is appointed and they look at the issue of expansion.

Ok we have options of expanding in N.S.W, Q.L.D, W.A or N.Z.

Who thinks we should expand in N.S.W...............

clarency

Juniors
RedBear - Ample opportunity?... They've been going for 1-2 weeks, lol. You're doing what BDGS is and are comparing their bid to the CCB bid, one that's been going for 18 months. Of course the Bears will have more sponsors established, and a larger connection to the community. The advantage they have over the CCB is that they have the potential for more supporters and richer finances. Just because they haven't gotten it from the second they announced it is nothing to mark against them.

Taipan - Yea you did... you're new post is completely different from the old one. And I've heard that again and again from sharks fans. I don't see it working. Feel free to rub it in, in a few years time if it does. I honestly don't care whether Sharks are successful or not.

BDGS

Bench
Decisions aren't made on potential. The New Zealand Warriors have the potential to have 4.3 million supporters but they don't, the decision will be made on facts.

taipan

Referee
RedBear - Ample opportunity?... They've been going for 1-2 weeks, lol. You're doing what BDGS is and are comparing their bid to the CCB bid, one that's been going for 18 months. Of course the Bears will have more sponsors established, and a larger connection to the community. The advantage they have over the CCB is that they have the potential for more supporters and richer finances. Just because they haven't gotten it from the second they announced it is nothing to mark against them.

Taipan - Yea you did... you're new post is completely different from the old one. And I've heard that again and again from sharks fans. I don't see it working. Feel free to rub it in, in a few years time if it does. I honestly don't care whether Sharks are successful or not.

Of course it was different I expanded on the subject.It would be pretty hard to hear it over and over,as the members only voted for the go ahead on monday evening.But nice for effect.They seem to believe it will work,and as the saying goes they attended the EGM.
Pleased to read of your genuine concerns.:roll:I actually am
concerned all clubs are financially strong.

Is the North Queensland Cowboys funded by News Limited?

Well then all what you just mentioned must be taken into consideration. I'm not comparing any bids, in fact it was the NRL who told the Central Coast Bears what was expected from their bid. They like the Gold Coast Titans model, so therefore that's what we're aiming for only more advanced. If other bids want to structure themselves around a corporate approach then that's their decision. All I know is that approach didn't work last time.

By the way the Brisbane 2 bid has been on the drawing board since September last year. So it's slightly newer than Ipswich Jets bid but not by much. In that timeframe Davison has spent talking their bid up to the media without actually engaging in anything besides sponsorship (which is important) talks. Even then their sponsorships $$ are alot lower than anyone including Mr. Davison himself predicted. That's worrying for a bid that was apparently suppose to have sponsors and $$ jumping all over them..

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
BDGS - C'mon now don't be exaggerating like that... Thanks for pointing out their ridiculous decision to change their name to that though.

Taipan - I actually am concerned all clubs are financially strong. This is the sorta thing that really changes opinion and direction... I'm not concerned with individual clubs. I'm concerned with the league as a whole. If a bid can prove they are going to be more profitable and achieve more support and success than an existing club. Switch them over. I'm very liberal towards the NRL.

RBB - Do you think time spent on the bid gives Bears an advantage over Brisbane2? Is that fair?

RBB - Do you think time spent on the bid gives Bears an advantage over Brisbane2? Is that fair?

No not at all.

Let me put it to you in retrospective..

* Without the Central Coast Bears bid, expansion would be mute. They decided long before expansion was even a topic, to start up a community based bid and they have been working towards their goal of an NRL franchise ever since.

* There is no baggage left over from the previous John Singleton lead CCBears bid.

* W.A. Reds jumped on board with their own plans a few months later. They had a Bundy Rum Comp team not too long after. Now they have an SG Ball team and made their own intentions about getting a franchise quite clear.

* Central Queensland were the 3rd bid to put their hand up. Approx. 7 months after W.A. Reds launched theirs. They have been basing their bid around powerful corporate mining sectors and have accomplished 20,000 signatures thus far.

* Ipswich Jets came into the fray about 8 months after Central Queensland launched their bid. Not much has been heard about the Jets bid.

* Brisbane 2 finally launched their bid ONLY after Craig Davison didn't get the Broncos job he desired. Minimal factual information has been revealed besides sponsors and area they intend to represent (which is a ridiculous area... North/West & South? Where does that leave Broncos? In the east?.. what about Ipswich and their intentions to represent the entire Western Corridor? North-West from the BNE2 will cut into Jets area).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts